Not sold on Kentucky QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sold on Kentucky QB

I am not sold on the ability of Kentucky QB Andre Woodson to be a top NFL caliber QB. He is very inconsistant. His interceptions come in bunches. Something about him just doesnt set well with me, it is reported he has trouble throwing accurately on the run which is vital for a mobile quarterback and he is ranked 7th in a poll of NFL front office personel done by a popular sports magazine. I'm just not sold, can anyone sell him to me?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    I am not sold on the ability of Kentucky QB Andre Woodson to be a top NFL caliber QB. He is very inconsistant. His interceptions come in bunches. Something about him just doesnt set well with me, it is reported he has trouble throwing accurately on the run which is vital for a mobile quarterback and he is ranked 7th in a poll of NFL front office personel done by a popular sports magazine. I'm just not sold, can anyone sell him to me?
    He wasn't inconsistent last year. I mean nearly every QB in the country has been inconsistent with their accuracy in my mind except 2: Colt Brennan and Sam Bradford.

He doesn't have trouble throwing accurately on the run, his trouble has come in the pocket, believe me I know I have seen him play nearly every college game at Kentucky.

Um ya, just because he is black doesn't mean he is mobile. He isn't mobile at all. Look up his rushing stats, then come back on here and tell me he is mobile because he isn't.

Sale Pitch: Andre' Woodson is one hell of a quarterback. He is the most poised quarterback in the country and pressure doesn't really phase him. He is willing to stay in the pocket and take a hit. He is durable, he is tough; plays through pain. He puts great touch on the football. He is smart. He doesn't make mistakes.

Set the record for most passes without an INT at 325...I thought you said he was inconsistent? Seems pretty consistent to me. He doesn't make dumb decisions. He plays ball control offense, but he can hurt you and throw it deep too.

He is a leader, has great character and great work ethic. I think Matt Ryan is better than he is right now because he has been more accurate than Woodson this year, but make no mistake about it, Andre' Woodson is a football player.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

What's that "popular sports mag" you are talking of? How do I know you aren't making this up?

Comment

He threw 3 int's in a game earlier this year. I have seen many highlights of him outside the pocket. The magazine is Sporting News (or SI; I get both so you may want to look at both) and the artical was a few weeks ago. I have only this year got back into collage football so I'm not versed on the players like many on this sit at this point, I just go on what little I see and what I have heard about them from others at this point. So don't take it personally and say I made it up because I dont know enough about him too make it up.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

He threw 3 int's in a game earlier this year. I have seen many highlights of him outside the pocket. The magazine is Sporting News (or SI; I get both so you may want to look at both) and the artical was a few weeks ago. I have only this year got back into collage football so I'm not versed on the players like many on this sit at this point, I just go on what little I see and what I have heard about them from others at this point. So don't take it personally and say I made it up because I dont know enough about him too make it up.
          OMG he threw 3 INTs in a game what shall we do?????? I think that was his only college game with more than 2 INTs.

2 of those INTs were bull**** INTs. One was a ball tipped by Jacob Tamme, not Woodson's fault. Other was at very end of the game and he had to try to make a play or the game was over (down by 14 with a minute left).

Woodson will make some NFL team very happy if he is brought along slowly much like Jason Campbell with the Redskins. Settle Woodson into the offense, develop a good cast around him, and have a lot of confidence in the kid. He has always been a gamer.

Comment

Are you the same Matt from ABC Sports? Please dot tell me something like "Just because he's black doesnt mean he's mobile." I dont believe that and dont assume I do. I put my foot in my mouth enough so I do take offense when you put words in my mouth. I've been around the game my entire life (Played and coached) so dont make me out to be an ignorant fan that doesnt have a clue please. I hope I have made myself clear on that point.

Comment

3 interceptions means he made a mistake, you said he doesnt make mistakes. If you said Stupid mistakes then I wouldnt have the 3 int game to use.

Comment

Are you the same Matt from ABC Sports? Please dot tell me something like "Just because he's black doesnt mean he's mobile." I dont believe that and dont assume I do. I put my foot in my mouth enough so I do take offense when you put words in my mouth. I've been around the game my entire life (Played and coached) so dont make me out to be an ignorant fan that doesnt have a clue please. I hope I have made myself clear on that point.
                A lot of people think Woodson is mobile, and if they do its because they see he is black and haven't seen him play a lot. I don't think you are an ignorant fan at all, it is just a huge misconception that people think Woodson is mobile, and it is because he is black.

Comment

3 interceptions means he made a mistake, you said he doesnt make mistakes. If you said Stupid mistakes then I wouldnt have the 3 int game to use.
                  Okay he makes mistakes but when evaluating him as a prospect he makes a lot of great decisions with the football and his ability to minimize errant throws is very minimal compared to the average NFL QB prospect.

Comment

Well next time say stupid mistakes and people wont be able to use the arguments using stats. That is just friendly advice someone pointed out to me a few (10) years back. Believe me, last I checked Warren Moon wasn't Donivan Mcnabb or Randal Cunningham. That being said I dont believe that Black=Mobile. Seen too many immobal black quarterbacks. Im glad you dont think me an ignorant fan. You didnt answer my question though either...are you Matt from ABC Sports?

Comment

Well next time say stupid mistakes and people wont be able to use the arguments using stats. That is just friendly advice someone pointed out to me a few (10) years back. Believe me, last I checked Warren Moon wasn't Donivan Mcnabb or Randal Cunningham. That being said I dont believe that Black=Mobile. Seen too many immobal black quarterbacks. Im glad you dont think me an ignorant fan. You didnt answer my question though either...are you Matt from ABC Sports?
                      Um who is Matt from ABC Sports? You making fun of me or something or seriously asking a question in which case I am not.

Secondly, why did you think he was mobile in the first place?

Comment

There is a Matt Mcguire on ABC Sports. I have seen plenty of highlights of him running on many sports highlights shows. Maybe that is what the highlight shows want us to think I dont know. But that is what I have seen. I have only seen one of his games and he didnt run much there but he did throw a few incomplete passes on the run that I saw so...heck if I know. At this point I would still take Erik Ainge before him. Unless you can throw some examples at me for what you said for a sale...

Comment

There is a Matt Mcguire on ABC Sports. I have seen plenty of highlights of him running on many sports highlights shows. Maybe that is what the highlight shows want us to think I dont know. But that is what I have seen. I have only seen one of his games and he didnt run much there but he did throw a few incomplete passes on the run that I saw so...heck if I know. At this point I would still take Erik Ainge before him. Unless you can throw some examples at me for what you said for a sale...
                          I htink you are thinking of Al McGuire (or is it Paul idk).

I thought I already made my sales pitch? Erik Ainge doesn't have Woodson's poise in the pocket or his level of intangibles.

Comment

Woodson is by far the #2 prospect in the country at QB and not a whole lot, barring about 600 yards passing and 5 TD's by Ainge right now will come close to changing that.

And no Woodson is not mobile, he does have enough mobility to buy time with his feet when needed, but he wont kill you with his feet, ever.

And quick question, why do i need to sell Woodson to you? Are you the GM that is thinking about drafting him?

Comment

Woodson will suck in the NFL. Slow delivery = BUST. Byron Leftwich part 2. I only hope he goes to Minnesota so he doesn't ruin Laurent Robinson in ATL or Greg Olsen in Chicago. I grabbed those guys in my dynasty league waiting for Brohm and Ryan to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X