Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    3 interceptions means he made a mistake, you said he doesnt make mistakes. If you said Stupid mistakes then I wouldnt have the 3 int game to use.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Are you the same Matt from ABC Sports? Please dot tell me something like "Just because he's black doesnt mean he's mobile." I dont believe that and dont assume I do. I put my foot in my mouth enough so I do take offense when you put words in my mouth. I've been around the game my entire life (Played and coached) so dont make me out to be an ignorant fan that doesnt have a clue please. I hope I have made myself clear on that point.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    He threw 3 int's in a game earlier this year. I have seen many highlights of him outside the pocket. The magazine is Sporting News (or SI; I get both so you may want to look at both) and the artical was a few weeks ago. I have only this year got back into collage football so I'm not versed on the players like many on this sit at this point, I just go on what little I see and what I have heard about them from others at this point. So don't take it personally and say I made it up because I dont know enough about him too make it up.
    OMG he threw 3 INTs in a game what shall we do?????? I think that was his only college game with more than 2 INTs.

2 of those INTs were bull**** INTs. One was a ball tipped by Jacob Tamme, not Woodson's fault. Other was at very end of the game and he had to try to make a play or the game was over (down by 14 with a minute left).

Woodson will make some NFL team very happy if he is brought along slowly much like Jason Campbell with the Redskins. Settle Woodson into the offense, develop a good cast around him, and have a lot of confidence in the kid. He has always been a gamer.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    He threw 3 int's in a game earlier this year. I have seen many highlights of him outside the pocket. The magazine is Sporting News (or SI; I get both so you may want to look at both) and the artical was a few weeks ago. I have only this year got back into collage football so I'm not versed on the players like many on this sit at this point, I just go on what little I see and what I have heard about them from others at this point. So don't take it personally and say I made it up because I dont know enough about him too make it up.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    What's that "popular sports mag" you are talking of? How do I know you aren't making this up?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    I am not sold on the ability of Kentucky QB Andre Woodson to be a top NFL caliber QB. He is very inconsistant. His interceptions come in bunches. Something about him just doesnt set well with me, it is reported he has trouble throwing accurately on the run which is vital for a mobile quarterback and he is ranked 7th in a poll of NFL front office personel done by a popular sports magazine. I'm just not sold, can anyone sell him to me?
    He wasn't inconsistent last year. I mean nearly every QB in the country has been inconsistent with their accuracy in my mind except 2: Colt Brennan and Sam Bradford.

He doesn't have trouble throwing accurately on the run, his trouble has come in the pocket, believe me I know I have seen him play nearly every college game at Kentucky.

Um ya, just because he is black doesn't mean he is mobile. He isn't mobile at all. Look up his rushing stats, then come back on here and tell me he is mobile because he isn't.

Sale Pitch: Andre' Woodson is one hell of a quarterback. He is the most poised quarterback in the country and pressure doesn't really phase him. He is willing to stay in the pocket and take a hit. He is durable, he is tough; plays through pain. He puts great touch on the football. He is smart. He doesn't make mistakes.

Set the record for most passes without an INT at 325...I thought you said he was inconsistent? Seems pretty consistent to me. He doesn't make dumb decisions. He plays ball control offense, but he can hurt you and throw it deep too.

He is a leader, has great character and great work ethic. I think Matt Ryan is better than he is right now because he has been more accurate than Woodson this year, but make no mistake about it, Andre' Woodson is a football player.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    started a topic Not sold on Kentucky QB

Not sold on Kentucky QB

I am not sold on the ability of Kentucky QB Andre Woodson to be a top NFL caliber QB. He is very inconsistant. His interceptions come in bunches. Something about him just doesnt set well with me, it is reported he has trouble throwing accurately on the run which is vital for a mobile quarterback and he is ranked 7th in a poll of NFL front office personel done by a popular sports magazine. I'm just not sold, can anyone sell him to me?
Working...
X