Jamarcus Russel went into the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamarcus Russel went into the game

he looked above average. Overall he looked great, but the drive was ruined by a bad snap.

He is a rookie he is not supposed to be great.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

John Elway said it takes 6 years to become a distinguished QB in the NFL...fans expectations just AMAZE me sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        John Elway said it takes 6 years to become a distinguished QB in the NFL...fans expectations just AMAZE me sometimes.
        If John Elway said it then it must be true....?

I'm a believer that sitting your rookie season if you're a 1st round pick is enough and then 1.5 years+ for a 2nd rounder or lower.

Football is a results driven business, you can't afford to waste time, cause if you do you're out of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
          If John Elway said it then it must be true....?

I'm a believer that sitting your rookie season if you're a 1st round pick is enough and then 1.5 years+ for a 2nd rounder or lower.

Football is a results driven business, you can't afford to waste time, cause if you do you're out of a job.
          John Elway seems like he would know what he is talking about. I mean he was a pretty good QB. One a few super bowls, but thats it. lol

I think every football player is different. There is no chart that says sit X player for X time if he is picked in the first/second round.

Comment

this is the john elway that threw for 20 interceptions and 6 tds his rookie season

Comment

Wasn't Elway considered an AMAZING rookie prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by grizz101 View Post
                this is the john elway that threw for 20 interceptions and 6 tds his rookie season
                John Elway had a bad rookie year which means he sucks, doens't know what he is talkingj about, and isnt elligible for the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  I think every football player is different. There is no chart that says sit X player for X time if he is picked in the first/second round.
                  Learning a playbook takes a longtime, and you'll also need time to establish some rythm with receivers, which doesn't happen overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                    Learning a playbook takes a longtime, and you'll also need time to establish some rythm with receivers, which doesn't happen overnight.
                    And developing young talent around the QB...and developing a defense to give the QB a lot of opportunities, etc so much goes into it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                      Wasn't Elway considered an AMAZING rookie prospect.
                      Are you serious? He was a good sized QB with a huge arm and was more than clutch in the final 2 min. Who do you consider an amazing prospect?

I think you always just play the player when he's ready. Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger... these guys were ready to start from day one and played well. Rick Mier was not ready on day one but played anyways and has no career to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        Are you serious? He was a good sized QB with a huge arm and was more than clutch in the final 2 min. Who do you consider an amazing prospect?

I think you always just play the player when he's ready. Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger... these guys were ready to start from day one and played well. Rick Mier was not ready on day one but played anyways and has no career to show for it.
                        Roethlisberger handed the ball off 45 times a game and his defense never put their team in a bad spot.

Comment

You can't expect him to become Ben Rothleisberger right away....
                          Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
                          Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
                          Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
                          Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

/bust.
                            Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X