Another Vince Young debate thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Vince Young debate thread

He played good today Walter and I know you think he is a great player and all, but he did NOTHING SPECIAL.

Houston's safeties are garbage, I believe Dunta Robinson didn't play. Fred Bennett is a rookie, he put up some average stats against a very bad Houston defensive backfield, and their OLBs are nothing to speak of.

Just wait when Vince Young plays against a real defense and he shows his true colors.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Travaris Jackson has a better passer rating than Vince Young.

Comment

Vince Young..ya not much to say, he is haveing a tough year thats for sure.
      Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

He is having a tough year or teams have figured him out? After Mike Vick exploded the first year he started teams adapted and he was never the same (he only showed inconsistences flashes of his former self). I said on this forum that I think the same would happen to Vince Young.

Comment

Ya he made a few big plays last year that won his team some games but come on the defense was so underrated last year it wasn't just Vince Young like ESPN made it out to be lmfao.
          Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Young help beat the Texans and Bills last year... that's it. I thought Norman Chow (OC) was a bigger part of the offense than Vince.

Comment

Or it could be the Madden curse. OoooooooooOOO
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Maybe the Madden Curse too. I was actually pretty pissed that he was on the cover. (I'm not a Vince Young fan if you couldn't tell.)

Oh ya, anyone else notice how Walter stays away from these topics now?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  Young help beat the Texans and Bills last year... that's it. I thought Norman Chow (OC) was a bigger part of the offense than Vince.
                  And the Giants.

I always thought he would struggle going into this year with such a terrible offense around him, getting a receiver in both the 1st and 2nd round wouldn't be a terrible thing for the Titans. Its very clear the cheap vets and project players are not good enough.

Comment

Why waste two picks on WRers when you don't throw the ball?

Comment

look
                      at
                      who
                      he
                      is
                      throwing
                      too

that's the answer to your question if he is overrated or not, and considering his receivers drop about 3 td passes a game, I would say he's not

Comment

Originally posted by grizz101 View Post
                        look
                        at
                        who
                        he
                        is
                        throwing
                        too

that's the answer to your question if he is overrated or not, and considering his receivers drop about 3 td passes a game, I would say he's not
                        His WRs deserves some blame yes but the knock on Vince Young was that he was far from a polished passer in college and he would need 1.5-2 years on the bench to fully develop.

It's a shame NFL franchises can't develop players the way they should/want to but it is the nature of the business and I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          His WRs deserves some blame yes but the knock on Vince Young was that he was far from a polished passer in college and he would need 1.5-2 years on the bench to fully develop.

It's a shame NFL franchises can't develop players the way they should/want to but it is the nature of the business and I respect that.
                          Good point I agree about sitting a franchise QB at least a year for them to learn the system and not get crucified for 16 games. Helps them from losing confidence early on in their careers. Something that could hinder their growth as an NFL QB.
                          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                            Good point I agree about sitting a franchise QB at least a year for them to learn the system and not get crucified for 16 games. Helps them from losing confidence early on in their careers. Something that could hinder their growth as an NFL QB.
                            Well I do think it is important that the QB gets some playing time. Oakland is bringing along Jamarcus Russell perfectly.

Comment

look
                              at
                              who
                              he
                              is
                              throwing
                              too

^Are you talking about his WRers or the defense? Because if INTs counted towards your completion percentage he'd almost be par with the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X