Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma's a b*tch, eh Brownies?

Just sayin.
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
    Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
    Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

lol it's kinda ironic that they lost, well at least lost their chance of Overtime the same way they "prevented" OT vs the Jets last year. Def a BS call that needs to be changed in the NFL.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I think the rule sucks. I think if you don't get two feet down it should be incomplete, no matter what. If the defender pushes you out in the air, then it should be a good defensive play.

However that is not the rule and it should have been a touchdown, game over. But at the same time the Browns had know business being that close anyhow.

Comment

lol as a Browns fan you made me laugh. Thank you for that, I needed that after this loss.

Comment

The loss was crap. I think a lot of the time that teams dont get those calls because the refs in the back of their minds remember "These are the Browns, they lose and haven't earned a call to let them win a close one like this". I have been around officials and talked to them enough to know it's in the back of their minds and many subconciously make decisions based on that fact. That is not just the Browns and it happens on all levels of sports. So as much as I hate officials that do that I use to be one so I cant insult myself.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
            I think the rule sucks. I think if you don't get two feet down it should be incomplete, no matter what. If the defender pushes you out in the air, then it should be a good defensive play.

However that is not the rule and it should have been a touchdown, game over. But at the same time the Browns had know business being that close anyhow.
            LOL are you serious? How can you justify what you wrote? Ok here's an example of what you're saying. Say Randy Moss jumps up for a catch in middle of the endzone like 3 yrds deep. Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, etc. catch him before his feet hit the ground, carry him to the sideline, and throw his ass out of bounds. According to you that is not a TD. Seriously, is that what you are trying to say?!
            Last edited by Vbsiena; 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

What did the Browns do to have bad karma?
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Same crap to the Jets last year

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...s-browns_x.htm

Couldn't find a video, but an unbiased fan of football could see he was gonna land both feet inbounds.

Comment

'For several minutes, the Jets stormed around the sideline looking for an explanation as Cleveland fans hugged in relief after seeing the Browns finally come out on the winning side of a strange finish.

Browns coach Romeo Crennel had no problem with the official's decision.

"I saw it the same way the referee did," Crennel said, busting into a wide grin.'

Fat P.O.S. got what was coming to him.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                    LOL are you serious? How can you justify what you wrote? Ok here's an example of what you're saying. Say Randy Moss jumps up for a catch in middle of the endzone like 3 yrds deep. Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, etc. catch him before his feet hit the ground, carry him to the sideline, and throw his ass out of bounds. According to you that is not a TD. Seriously, is that what you are trying to say?!
                    That's what the old rule would allow you to do. Don't forget what i'm talking about is just going back to the old rule not making a new rule, so therefor I don't have to justify anything, just go back to the old rule.

Also I believe the old rule said push not carry, so I think your getting carried away in your example, but then again you may not be old enough to remember the old rule so sorry about that.

I do believe they changed the rule to help the offence out. It helps to make for a higher scores game and in return draws more fan in to watch ect. ect. ect.... That is why they will not change the rule but it doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Comment

I got this one right. I didn't thing they would change the rule but I did thing they should. (giving myself a sticker on the helmet is that ok?)

Comment

I still think its a BS rule and haven't forgot that game from 06, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                          I still think its a BS rule and haven't forgot that game from 06, lol.
                          Exactly!!! That is why the new/old rule is great. It takes the judgment call out of the officials hands and give you an exact rule. If two feet don’t come down inbounds then no catch, as simple as that, I love it.

Also, this will make for more aggressive play on defense, talking about sideline hit, I love that too.

Comment

Yea but won't this rule make it hard to move the ball downfield at the end of the game because some teams will not want to throw towards the sideline in fear of their WR going up and getting launched out of bounds? It really gives an even bigger advantage to an accurate QB and hurts people like Pennington who always throw anything over 10 yard high because they have no arm strength. He doesn't need any more negatives in his game, lol.

Comment

So personally I think they should have went the opposite direction and put challenge options on if the WR would come down in bounds if not hit out of bounds. Also gives a definitive answer to the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X