Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Smith's 40 time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kevin Smith's 40 time

    Walter, where did you get his 4.47 time from?

    On rivals he was listed as having a 4.69 40 time, and since then he has added 20 pounds of weight so I doubt he is under a 4.5, but did you find it on his pro day or something?

    Thanks
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.


  • #2
    i had read in an article about a month ago that he runs a 4.4, so i guess we'll have to figure this one out. he looks on tape like about a 4.5 guy, maybe a little less in straight line so I have no qualms with Walter's 4.47. Definitely way faster than 4.69.

    Comment


    • #3
      I really don't know where these scouting sites get some of their info. SCouts.com and rivals both have been so far off on some guys I've seen. somebody at one point in the beginning of this season had IKegwuonu running like a 4.6 forty, and a 4.6 is not going to catch mcfadden from behind, that's for sure. at the badgers track complex he's been timed as low as 4.28. that's a pretty major gaffe.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think you can look at any site on the net, and it'll have different 40 times than any other site. I guess we'll know for sure at the Combine.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

        Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

        Comment


        • #5
          and then the times will change at their pro-days. ha.
          i saw that aaron rouse ran a 4.55 at the combine, and something like a 4.33 at the pro day. obviously fieldturf vs. rubberized track.
          still decent for a 230 pound 6 4 safety.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
            and then the times will change at their pro-days. ha.
            i saw that aaron rouse ran a 4.55 at the combine, and something like a 4.33 at the pro day. obviously fieldturf vs. rubberized track.
            still decent for a 230 pound 6 4 safety.
            Virginia Tech's pro day times have always been known to be much faster than the players' actual combine times.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

            Comment


            • #7
              ohio state also. i wonder if wesley woodyard's 4.41 was a result of UK having the same characteristic.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                ohio state also. i wonder if wesley woodyard's 4.41 was a result of UK having the same characteristic.
                I doubt it I think Woodyard's 4.4 is legit...UK uses an electric timer as opposed to most pro days that have scouts using hand timers...such as Virginia Tech (and they run slightly downhill)
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i know he sure looks that fast.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                    i know he sure looks that fast.
                    Personally I wasn't that impressed with him when I watched the Conferene USA Championship.

                    He might look fast vs. those guys but you put him in a different conference like the SEC and he looks more like Kenneth Darby. I think we learned a lot with how DeAngelo Williams has done in the NFL and I hate to put these guys in the same category but we have to learn from our mistakes.

                    I just think he is a 2nd-3rd round pick. I think it would be smart for him to come out, but he certainly is not a first rounder in my mind and might end up going in the 4th round if enough better juniors declare.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      didn't see the game. i thought all along because of his status as a tweener he'd probably hope to sneak into the first day, but might not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Personally I wasn't that impressed with him when I watched the Conferene USA Championship.

                        He might look fast vs. those guys but you put him in a different conference like the SEC and he looks more like Kenneth Darby. I think we learned a lot with how DeAngelo Williams has done in the NFL and I hate to put these guys in the same category but we have to learn from our mistakes.

                        I just think he is a 2nd-3rd round pick. I think it would be smart for him to come out, but he certainly is not a first rounder in my mind and might end up going in the 4th round if enough better juniors declare.
                        and i think the game where I really noticed him was LSU. not that it changes anything you said, but i was just recalling that now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My top 10 Junior Runningbacks:

                          1. Darren McFadden/Arkansas
                          2. Jonathan Stewart/Oregon
                          3. Rashard Mendenhall/Illinois
                          4. Felix Jones/Arkansas
                          5. Ray Rice/Rutgers
                          6. James Davis/Clemson
                          7. Steve Slaton/West Virginia
                          8. Kevin Smith/UCF
                          9. Javon Ringer/Michigan State
                          10. Jamaal Charles/Texas
                          10a. Andre Brown/NC State
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                          Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            My top 10 Junior Runningbacks:

                            1. Darren McFadden/Arkansas
                            2. Jonathan Stewart/Oregon
                            3. Rashard Mendenhall/Illinois
                            4. Felix Jones/Arkansas
                            5. Ray Rice/Rutgers
                            6. James Davis/Clemson
                            7. Steve Slaton/West Virginia
                            8. Kevin Smith/UCF
                            9. Javon Ringer/Michigan State
                            10. Jamaal Charles/Texas
                            10a. Andre Brown/NC State
                            we should make this a new thread.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                              and i think the game where I really noticed him was LSU. not that it changes anything you said, but i was just recalling that now.
                              You talking about against Texas...he hasn't ever faced LSU.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X