X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
    i'm confused. I thought we were talking about wesley woodyard the lb/s from kentucky (which i now realize is in the sec)...or am I smoking dope and have this guy's name confused?
    Woodyard is an interesting player...definately his stock has risen this season as Kentucky has gotten a little more publicity.

Won't play linebacker in the NFL, must make the move to strong safety.

Reminds me of Roy Williams. Great in run support (probably a better tackler than Williams is)...his pass coverage skills we will have to see at the Hula Bowl once he plays SS.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    ahhhh....kevin smith. yeah he doesn't look that fast or powerful i don't think. good, but not special. heck I would compare his level to brandon jackson. has some good attributes, but might not cut it.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    i'm confused. I thought we were talking about wesley woodyard the lb/s from kentucky (which i now realize is in the sec)...or am I smoking dope and have this guy's name confused?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    and i think the game where I really noticed him was LSU. not that it changes anything you said, but i was just recalling that now.
    You talking about against Texas...he hasn't ever faced LSU.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    My top 10 Junior Runningbacks:

1. Darren McFadden/Arkansas
    2. Jonathan Stewart/Oregon
    3. Rashard Mendenhall/Illinois
    4. Felix Jones/Arkansas
    5. Ray Rice/Rutgers
    6. James Davis/Clemson
    7. Steve Slaton/West Virginia
    8. Kevin Smith/UCF
    9. Javon Ringer/Michigan State
    10. Jamaal Charles/Texas
    10a. Andre Brown/NC State
    we should make this a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    My top 10 Junior Runningbacks:

1. Darren McFadden/Arkansas
    2. Jonathan Stewart/Oregon
    3. Rashard Mendenhall/Illinois
    4. Felix Jones/Arkansas
    5. Ray Rice/Rutgers
    6. James Davis/Clemson
    7. Steve Slaton/West Virginia
    8. Kevin Smith/UCF
    9. Javon Ringer/Michigan State
    10. Jamaal Charles/Texas
    10a. Andre Brown/NC State

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Personally I wasn't that impressed with him when I watched the Conferene USA Championship.

He might look fast vs. those guys but you put him in a different conference like the SEC and he looks more like Kenneth Darby. I think we learned a lot with how DeAngelo Williams has done in the NFL and I hate to put these guys in the same category but we have to learn from our mistakes.

I just think he is a 2nd-3rd round pick. I think it would be smart for him to come out, but he certainly is not a first rounder in my mind and might end up going in the 4th round if enough better juniors declare.
    and i think the game where I really noticed him was LSU. not that it changes anything you said, but i was just recalling that now.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    didn't see the game. i thought all along because of his status as a tweener he'd probably hope to sneak into the first day, but might not.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    i know he sure looks that fast.
    Personally I wasn't that impressed with him when I watched the Conferene USA Championship.

He might look fast vs. those guys but you put him in a different conference like the SEC and he looks more like Kenneth Darby. I think we learned a lot with how DeAngelo Williams has done in the NFL and I hate to put these guys in the same category but we have to learn from our mistakes.

I just think he is a 2nd-3rd round pick. I think it would be smart for him to come out, but he certainly is not a first rounder in my mind and might end up going in the 4th round if enough better juniors declare.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    i know he sure looks that fast.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    ohio state also. i wonder if wesley woodyard's 4.41 was a result of UK having the same characteristic.
    I doubt it I think Woodyard's 4.4 is legit...UK uses an electric timer as opposed to most pro days that have scouts using hand timers...such as Virginia Tech (and they run slightly downhill)

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    ohio state also. i wonder if wesley woodyard's 4.41 was a result of UK having the same characteristic.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    and then the times will change at their pro-days. ha.
    i saw that aaron rouse ran a 4.55 at the combine, and something like a 4.33 at the pro day. obviously fieldturf vs. rubberized track.
    still decent for a 230 pound 6 4 safety.
    Virginia Tech's pro day times have always been known to be much faster than the players' actual combine times.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    and then the times will change at their pro-days. ha.
    i saw that aaron rouse ran a 4.55 at the combine, and something like a 4.33 at the pro day. obviously fieldturf vs. rubberized track.
    still decent for a 230 pound 6 4 safety.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I think you can look at any site on the net, and it'll have different 40 times than any other site. I guess we'll know for sure at the Combine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X