Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hot sleeper rb pick--i'm calling it now

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hot sleeper rb pick--i'm calling it now

    Brandon McAnderson from Kansas. Don't be surprised to see the Packers reach for this guy in Rd 3 or 4.
    from what I've seen, he's big with at least respectable speed, runs N/S, hits hard and has good pad level. His style should fit the zone scheme and really complement Grant and Jackson well. Jackson will be a lot better next year, too, when he is a little older than like 17 or whatever he is now...

  • #2
    I dunno, the Packers drafted 2 RBs last year in Jackson and Wynn and they still have Morency. They'll prob grab another one earlier than the 3rd or 4th round and I couldn't see them drafting two again this year.

    Comment


    • #3
      who is the other guy they're going to draft besides mcanderson?

      Comment


      • #4
        Felix Jones, Ray Rice, Kevin Smith or others.... take your pick I guess. You could be right though. That's just my speculation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Rashard Mendenhall is the 3rd best junior runningback besides McFadden and Stewart, and he might ultimately pass up Stewart.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

          Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Rashard Mendenhall is the 3rd best junior runningback besides McFadden and Stewart, and he might ultimately pass up Stewart.
            rrrrrrrrrrrreally....
            well you can think that if you want but I would have stewart's baby if he were available at (31) when the packers pick. he reminds me of a combination of shaun alexander and ahman green, both in their primes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
              Felix Jones, Ray Rice, Kevin Smith or others.... take your pick I guess. You could be right though. That's just my speculation.
              good call. I just think they would target some defensive playmakers high--CB and DE and then also TE, if they thought they could get a solid hard-running big back like McAnderson. Ray rice I think would fit as well--see warrick dunn in atlanta's zone scheme for previous years.
              after the dallas game, I think a lot of people in the area and organization are pretty sold on Ryan Grant as for real.

              Comment


              • #8
                They definitely don't need a CB... just look how well Atari Bigbi has played this year... uhhh oh wait nevermind.

                Comment


                • #9
                  badumCHING!

                  seriously, though, he is a heck of a force against the run and is actually quite young yet. gosh i hope he improves.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                    Brandon McAnderson from Kansas. Don't be surprised to see the Packers reach for this guy in Rd 3 or 4.
                    from what I've seen, he's big with at least respectable speed, runs N/S, hits hard and has good pad level. His style should fit the zone scheme and really complement Grant and Jackson well. Jackson will be a lot better next year, too, when he is a little older than like 17 or whatever he is now...
                    Age has nothing to do with Jacksons poor performance, he just sucks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well, "when in Rome..."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        gotta kind of suck for the Giants to see Grant putting out 100 yd games when their backs can't stay healthy. and I don't mean that in the derrogatory sense, either.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                          well, "when in Rome..."
                          this of course from anchorman...the misplaced cliche that makes no sense here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yes... finish your statement? Haha, little Anchorman commin at ya.

                            seriously, though, he is a heck of a force against the run and is actually quite young yet. gosh i hope he improves.
                            Well he can't get worse against the pass... so I guess that's a good thing for his future.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                              yes... finish your statement? Haha, little Anchorman commin at ya.



                              Well he can't get worse against the pass... so I guess that's a good thing for his future.
                              tis true. most of the problem is putting himself in bad positions by being a split second late in recognition. this is the only reason I think he might actually improve with some maturity and experience. of course, he may also just have bad instincts.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X