Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sherman and the Aggies in the BCS within two years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman and the Aggies in the BCS within two years?

Now that Mike Sherman has taken over in Plano, who else thinks the program will return to prominence in a big way?

I love the hire of Sherman, but it will take a while because they must do better in recruiting.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

there is no man in football and hardly a man at all with more class and integrity than Mike Sherman. I will find the article that sums it up well.
      Wisconsin still thinks the world of this guy even though it was the right decision to fire him and hire McCarthy, who now has the team back to glory.
      Sherman will be great because of his character and the college kids will not want to disappoint him.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        I love the hire of Sherman, but it will take a while because they must do better in recruiting.
        their talent might not be great, but even when the pack went 4-12, the players fought like hell for this guy. He can take a .500 club to .750 overnight i think. And then a couple years to get the talent and they'll be tops in the country. good call.

Comment

I agree with you guys and if a club has a chance to take a coach like that why not jump on it right away before he is taken by someone else?

I hate the fact that the black coaches association complained about this. If Sherman was black they would have jumped on him the same way without interviewing another coach.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
            their talent might not be great, but even when the pack went 4-12, the players fought like hell for this guy. He can take a .500 club to .750 overnight i think. And then a couple years to get the talent and they'll be tops in the country. good call.
            Maybe but I don't care how great a coach is if you donj't have talent in college football you won't win.

Just look at Charlie Weis. He has all kinds of tools on offense his first few years (which hides how bad the defense was)...then he loses all of them and now he is on the hot seat which is ridiculous.

I personally think Weis is a great head coach, but if you don't recruit and develop the talent (which is more a product of the assistant coaches than the head coach) you aren't going to win championships.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

the aggies went .500 this year, right? will their talent be worse next year?

Comment

The Aggies can use their win against Texas as a springboard to success.
                Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
                Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
                Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
                Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.25e7a6e.html

Comment

Working...
                  X