Todd McShay on James Hardy...interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd McShay on James Hardy...interesting

"As for Hardy, I think he has first round physical tool (high first round) but he comes with some baggage in terms of character and there's concern in scouting circles regarding his work ethic. I he paid more attention to detail as a route runner and pass catcher he would be far more consistent. As a result, I could see him slipping to the second round."-ESPN.com

Character concerns and questions on work ethic? Mike Williams part II?

I'm not dropping him out of the first round in my mock, but if he disappoints during the interviews on the interview portion of the combine (which I rely on word of mouth by reporters since I can't be there) then he certainly will drop in the draft.

This is where regional scouts getting to interview players and coaches is huge for NFL teams...I read in the book "The Draft" by Pete Williams that the Tampa Bay staff actually went back to interview Warren Sapp's elementary school teachers to find out his background and what kind of person he is. Really great stuff...wish I could be an NFL scout but it will never happen (you have to have played football).
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    wish I could be an NFL scout but it will never happen (you have to have played football).
    Funnily enough, Matt, there is a football scouting and management course on the net run by ex Raiders OC Marc Trestman, which according to references people have earned jobs in football due to it. The damage to enter the course though is $1000.

Heres the link -

http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide...footballgm.asp

Comment

are you saying you've never played football, at any level?

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
        If you listen to the audio clip Trestman claims no experience is required, and it also states the same at the bottom of the page, infact all it states is a 'preference' no requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
          Funnily enough, Matt, there is a football scouting and management course on the net run by ex Raiders OC Marc Trestman, which according to references people have earned jobs in football due to it. The damage to enter the course though is $1000.

Heres the link -

http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide...footballgm.asp
          I've heard about this stuff but I don't want to be 28 with no job (if I suck at scouting talent) and no education. I might look into it after college and once I get my masters in middle school education.

It would be an interesting career move...I want to do something really worthwhile with my life and I feel like if I could eventually be an assistant head scout or something for an NFL franchise that would be very baller.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
            I played soccer up until I was 13.

Comment

hmm it has been awhile since i have seen a draft class with so many potential number 1/2 wideouts.

He is by far one of my favrites in this years class.
              Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X