Joey Harrington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Harrington

Joey Harrington has proven this year that he can be a productive NFL Quarterback. True he has had a couple bad games but the coach has to shoulder some of the inconsistancy at this point for his Quarterback shuffling all season. Coach Patrino has really messed that team up by not letting Harrington get into a rythum. After every good performance Harrington was yanked. I have a feeling Patrino is keepin his team from achieving too much this year to get a quarterback he wants from the draft. Not Brohm necissarily just one he is comfertable with. I bet you anything they do better next year with NO QB shuffle. Joey Harrington will be a backup somewhere. He has not been given a fair shot in Atlanta.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Petrino has a good system and if Harrington is inconsistent there he will be inconsistent everywhere.

He is a good backup, but he will never cut it in the NFL as a starter.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Petrino has a good system and if Harrington is inconsistent there he will be inconsistent everywhere.

He is a good backup, but he will never cut it in the NFL as a starter.
      He hasnt cut it because he gets pulled after he has good games. I have seen it twice this year and even ESPN experts dont understand why. I think Patrino just wants his own guy in there. That is the only explination I can find if a coach benches a QB after one or two good games.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Joey Harrington was given the starting role to soon (as a Lion of course) and I think that ruined his career much like Kyle Bollers.

I agree with Joey and I think Harrington could be a starting QB in this league.

Comment

I think both could be. Now tarvaris jackson, on the other hand...

Comment

I know Jackson has improved these last couple games, but I still think he's terrible and the worst starting QB in the NFL. I'm very hopeful for the Vikings getting Matt Ryan b/c I think he'd be a great fit in that team.

Comment

Joey is a good QB, but never has had a chance to develop with a good surrounding cast. I watched him in Detroit for three years. He can't do it alone. Who can?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                Joey Harrington has proven this year that he can be a productive NFL Quarterback. True he has had a couple bad games but the coach has to shoulder some of the inconsistancy at this point for his Quarterback shuffling all season. Coach Patrino has really messed that team up by not letting Harrington get into a rythum. After every good performance Harrington was yanked. I have a feeling Patrino is keepin his team from achieving too much this year to get a quarterback he wants from the draft. Not Brohm necissarily just one he is comfertable with. I bet you anything they do better next year with NO QB shuffle. Joey Harrington will be a backup somewhere. He has not been given a fair shot in Atlanta.
                Harrington is about to get dumped by his 3rd team in 3 years. You can not blame the coaches for that. And he has been given a chance to start with all 3 teams. Detroit, Miami and Atlanta, he has been inconsistent in all three places. You can not blame the coaches for that.

Bottom line is this. Harrington is not a leader. He can not inspire an offense to play their best for him. He is not a field general. His receivers drop 5 passes in a row and instead of going off on them to get their **** together like he should, he gives them a pat on the but and a "We'll we get them next time tiger".

You cannot respect someone who does not get fired up when those around him fail. Someone that think its ok to be bad.

If Harrington's attitude ever changes and his emotions go from constantly happy to a "hardened, do what i tell you or i am going to pay my offensive line to rip your ****ing head off" attitude. He will never be anything more then a back up. But if/when his attitude does change, and changes for real. Watch out, then a team will have found themselves a quarterback...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                  Harrington is about to get dumped by his 3rd team in 3 years. You can not blame the coaches for that. And he has been given a chance to start with all 3 teams. Detroit, Miami and Atlanta, he has been inconsistent in all three places. You can not blame the coaches for that.

Bottom line is this. Harrington is not a leader. He can not inspire an offense to play their best for him. He is not a field general. His receivers drop 5 passes in a row and instead of going off on them to get their **** together like he should, he gives them a pat on the but and a "We'll we get them next time tiger".

You cannot respect someone who does not get fired up when those around him fail. Someone that think its ok to be bad.

If Harrington's attitude ever changes and his emotions go from constantly happy to a "hardened, do what i tell you or i am going to pay my offensive line to rip your ****ing head off" attitude. He will never be anything more then a back up. But if/when his attitude does change, and changes for real. Watch out, then a team will have found themselves a quarterback...
                  atlanta, miami, and detroit....i'm pretty sure you CAN blame the coaches on that one.

you are right, though, that he probably needs a little more fire to him to be successful unless he was playing for the bears or viqueens or some other run, run, run, play defense type team. or maybe he should go back to the same offense he had in college. who knows. he'll probably never get a decent shot and be the career backup we've all been saying.

Comment

Craig did you read the entire post otr pick out bits and pieces that you liked? Harrington was decent last year and has played decently this year. After every good game he has had win or lose he was yanked. QB's dont get yanked after a good game unless the coach, again unless THE COACH has an alterior motive. It doesn't happen. Patrino wants a guy he knows. Not someone the front office brings in. Most coaches do it quietly, calling plays that the current QB has to strain to make. Patrino calls the game right but yanks the QB for good performances. He does it right out in the open. Read the entire passage next time and comment on all of it, dont just pick out the parts you want to before commenting, please.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                      I think both could be. Now tarvaris jackson, on the other hand...
                      Tavaris Jackson is still bascically a rookie.
                      Walter got PWN3D
                      Rams GM

Picks
                      2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                      33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                      65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                      101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                      137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                      168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                      180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Matt Ryan I agree would be a great fit for the Vikes. Then they will need a good reciever in round 2 to compliment him and poof. Respectible passing game to go with top 5 rushing attack.

Comment

Working...
                        X