Colt Brennan Shooting Up Draft Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Brennan Shooting Up Draft Charts

Word around the league is that Hawaii Quarterback Colt Brennan is quickly moving up as one of the Top 3 Senior QB's in this year's draft. CBS Sports Charlie Casserly (Former Texans GM) says on General Manager has Brennan as their #1 Senior Quarterback and another team has him as their #2 Senior Quarterback. Others say he has to have a good game against Georgia to earn that spot but he is very close to moving up to the #3 Senior Quarterback Spot. At this point NFL sees these men as the Top 3 Senior QB's:

1) Matt Ryan 6'5 Boston Collage

2) Brian Brohm 6'4 Louisville

3) Andre Woodson 6'5 Kentucky

Boardering

Colt Brennan 6'3 Hawaii
    Erik Ainge 6'6 Tennessee

This is from the Charlie Casserly World (And I happen to agree) so hate on him if you think it's wrong. Hope to see your input.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Charley Casserly chose Jabar Gaffney over Clinton Portis when his starting RB was Jonathan Wells.

Charley Casserly drafted David Ragone in the third round.

I've said it a million times on this site. Casserly is an idiot who cannot read talent. Disregard everything he says.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I agree with Walter, Casserly has no clue.

I wouldn't draft Brennan in round 4. That's what I think of him and he won't be anything in the NFL but a backup.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        I agree with Walter, Casserly has no clue.

I wouldn't draft Brennan in round 4. That's what I think of him and he won't be anything in the NFL but a backup.
        I like him as more of as third rounder
        Walter got PWN3D
        Rams GM

Picks
        2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
        33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
        65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
        101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
        137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
        168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
        180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Even if it is the NFL GM's giving him this information? I for one agree Brennan has something that would make him a food NFL QB. I am much higher on him than you guys are and can see why NFL General Managers would see him a big game against a good team away from being in the top 3 senior quarterbacks. Though I am not the expert on the draft you guys are since I haven't followed it that much I am rarely wrong when I endorse any draft picks from any sport. I dont do it often, to think I am high on Brennan, Brohm, and Ryan is something that is almost unheard of. I think he may have it right with Brennan. Even if it is the first time. There is a first time for everything.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I don't like Brennan's weak arm.
            I don't like his sidearm delivery.
            I don't like the fact that he is 25-26 years old and coming from a gimmick run n shoot offense.
            I don't like his lack of bulk on his frame.
            I don't like that he plays against weak competition on a very talented offense.
            I don't like the history of run n shoot QBs in the NFL.

We'll see how he does against Georgia. But here is how you shut down the Hawaii offense. You go with a 3-2-6 defense...Cover 2. Where is there to throw the ball? Nowhere? I was watching the Boise State/Washington game and asking myself why they were rushing 4 linemen? I didn't get it. You aren't going to get to Brennan, he gets rid of the ball really fast in that RnS.

It's quite simple how you stop Hawaii. 6 defensive backs and June Jones is put in his place, simple.

Comment

If he does good, I'm moving him up to second round status
              Walter got PWN3D
              Rams GM

Picks

Comment

Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
                If he does good, I'm moving him up to second round status
                Combine is more important to me than the Sugar Bowl for Brennan, but it is intriguing to see him go up against an SEC defense.

Comment

If he sucks at the combine, I'll move him back down
                  Walter got PWN3D
                  Rams GM

Picks

Comment

I have seen him make some deep throws. I agree with the bulk (That is a concern) and the compitition being bad which is why I am seeing him proving his talent n The Suger Bowl. As for the QB History in the RnS, easy. If he is smart enough to learn another offense quickly and continue to make good throws then he will succeed. If he can't do that then he will fail. In my opinion it's as simple as if you learn the offense, exicute, and make the plays you succed, if you dont you fail. I feel Brennan can dpo this. I thought that way as a player and a coach. I won with whatever team and whatever sport I was involved so that simple thinking had to have some marrit.

Comment

Joey - what sports did you play?
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Football, Basketball, and baseball. I seriusly hope you are not planning a nice insult after my answer either. Because that is a perfect setup question for one. If you are I'll ignore you if not I'll listen.

Comment

Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
                          If he sucks at the combine, I'll move him back down
                          Combine usually means nothing for QBs

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                            Football, Basketball, and baseball. I seriusly hope you are not planning a nice insult after my answer either. Because that is a perfect setup question for one. If you are I'll ignore you if not I'll listen.
                            I wasn't. Don't worry, but I can see why you thought that I might. I was just getting at something you said,

"I won with whatever team and whatever sport I was involved so that simple thinking had to have some marrit."

That's an interesting way to look at considering those are mostly team sports. Baseball to a lesser extent imo because of batting and pitching. I can see you saying that if you played like Tennis or Golf, individual sports.

My point is I played with teams where I knew what was going on, and executed my role on the team, but the rest of the team wasn't as good as me, therefore we lost a lot. In team sports even if a few players are really good, you are only as good as your weakest player. So even if you learn the plays, do your duty (heck do more than what is required of you), that doesn't mean necessarily that you will win.

What this has to do with Colt Brennan I'm not really sure. I'm just commented on what you said in the previous post. This wasn't an attack on you, I just wanted to clear something up.
                            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Agree with you on that Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X