X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOUTLAW1 View Post
    Nah, it was 4th and 10, but I thought thew were going to go for it as well. In retrospect, it wasn't a bad call though. Had they been stopped on the 4th and 10 the game would have been over. At least they had a shot by taking the field goal.
    Two different situations.

You're talking about when they trimmed the lead down to 17-15.

I'm talking about when they trimmed the lead down to 24-18.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    ouch you do know the Jets were 10-6 last year and did make the playoffs, and didn't have any real big significant changes to that team coming into 07 (excluding Pennington). I'd say they can become playoff contenders again next year with the right moves in the offseason, easier than at least the Texans.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    This Draft is deep enough that many teams like the Jets, Browns, Bucs, Texans, Titans, Jags, Packers, and other young teams that are on the brink of breaking through (or in the Jets case being respectible) will become playoff contenders and threats to the teams like Pittsbergh, Dallas, The Pats, and Indy. This may be the deepest draft I have ever followed.

Leave a comment:

• TheOUTLAW1
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    He had a first down. Didn't even try for the end zone, just kicked a FG.
    Nah, it was 4th and 10, but I thought thew were going to go for it as well. In retrospect, it wasn't a bad call though. Had they been stopped on the 4th and 10 the game would have been over. At least they had a shot by taking the field goal.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    now if they can replace Barton with an upgrade at MLB I'd be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    They have his replacement. David Harris.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    If they can get someone to match his production go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Have you seen Vilma in the 3-4 before he got hurt? He couldn't shed a block to make the tackle. Unless they go back to the 4-3 it would make more sense to trade him and bring in someone who fits the system better.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Vilma is definately a second if you want to get rid of your best Defensive player for a player who may not be as good. Robertson a mid 3 or early four.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Vilma could get a high 2nd...Roberston could get a really low 2nd at his best value.

I feel Vilma will get a 2nd and Roberston a 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    What do you think they could get for Vilma and Robertson in terms of draft picks?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Hopefully the Jets deal Vilma and Robertson in the offseason to get some more picks. It will surely help out their situation.

Bad teams just can't have enough high draft picks. Okay I love doing mocks so here it goes. Jets trade Vilma to the Bengals for their 2nd round pick. They deal Dewayne Robertson to the Redskins for their 3rd round pick.

1. Jake Long RT/Michigan
    2a. Limas Sweed WR/Texas
    2b. Red Bryant NT/Texas A&M
    3a. Jacob Tamme TE/Kentucky
    3b. Shawn Crable OLB/Michigan
    4. Drew Radovich G/USC
    5. Beau Bell ILB/UNLV
    6. Jacob Hester FB/LSU
    7. Steve Johnson WR/Kentucky (I think he is more of a 3rd-4th round prospect myself)
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 12-09-2007, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Yeah, this team is going to really be hurting if they miss out on Chris Long or Jake Long imo. Sure Darren McFadden is great, but they already have runningbacks...this team needs to fill needs not draft luxury picks.
    Agreed - McFadden would look great in a Jets jersey, but they have so many defensive holes they can't afford to take him.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    And I wonder what it would be like if the Browns had a Chris Long

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    I'm going to talk about that in my Week 15 Picks page. Still, a win wouldn't hurt their No. 1 pick because no one's 1-12 either.

But you're right, I guess the Jets shouldn't try too hard to win because they need someone like Chris Long.
    Yeah, this team is going to really be hurting if they miss out on Chris Long or Jake Long imo. Sure Darren McFadden is great, but they already have runningbacks...this team needs to fill needs not draft luxury picks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X