Michael Vick's Football Career: RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick's Football Career: RIP

Only way I see him coming back is as a 30 year old runningback in 2010, how many 30 year old RBs are in the NFL, much less incarcerated for 2 years with minimal physical conditioning and being away from the game for so long.

If you think his career can be rejuvenated then please tell me how because I can't see it.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I hope he doesn't comeback to the NFL to be honest. An owner might get him just for fans in the stands, but he won't ever be successful in the NFL.

Comment

Oh I agree I was just posing the question.

He wasn't a football player to begin with, he was an athlete.

Comment

But...what about Canadian football league? Arena?

Interesting thought. He needs to make money and if he really loves football I think he will find a way back to a career even if he isn't making 600-700k a year in the NFL (no one would sign him for more than the league minimum for that veteran year).

Comment

He can't play in the CFL under league rules.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Arena football doesn't suit him with how small the field is. He wouldn't have as much room to scramble and use his speed, and the field wouldn't display his arm strength.

Comment

His career is over for sure. They knew that he wouldn't be able to come back and thats why they "left the door" open for him to look like the nice guy. Vick went from everything to nothing with one bad decision... That sucks
              Check out my new site Today!
              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                His career is over for sure. They knew that he wouldn't be able to come back and thats why they "left the door" open for him to look like the nice guy. Vick went from everything to nothing with one bad decision... That sucks
                I think it was more than one bad decision. I'm not an expert in psychology but I'd think that if someone was getting into that crap despite absolutely no monetary need whatsoever, then that someone is a scumbag pure and simple.

Even if he was only given 12 months, I'd still say he'd never play in the NFL again. Just think, if you're an o-lineman, are you going to bust your butt to protect Vick? I think you'd get DEs and LBs coming back from retirement to sack his ass into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                  Just think, if you're an o-lineman, are you going to bust your butt to protect Vick?
                  Yes, because that is what you get paid to do. Just think, if you're an o-lineman, do you want to lose your job?

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                  I think you'd get DEs and LBs coming back from retirement to sack his ass into oblivion.
                  Considering the strenuous training one has to do not only to stay in the league but to get back from retirement to peak physical condition, I highly doubt this is the case...how many LBers get out of retirement? This isn't place kicking. It is running around and hitting people. Do you honestly think any player would come out of retirement just to play Michael Vick once in a season (two if you are in the same division)?

Comment

Matt, I concede that professionalism would mean o-lineman wouldn't just let DEs have a free run at Vick, but such a thing only goes so far. I believe that you will always get a better performance when respect is added into the mix, not just money.

As for the unretireing, sorry, that wasn't actually serious.

Comment

I think the franchise is better off without Vick. He didn't have the talent to win a Super Bowl, and now they have a chance to get a quarterback who can.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        I think the franchise is better off without Vick. He didn't have the talent to win a Super Bowl, and now they have a chance to get a quarterback who can.
                        But Vick was the main reason they were so close to winning the superbowl over the years he was there. Have you seen them now?
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                          But Vick was the main reason they were so close to winning the superbowl over the years he was there. Have you seen them now?
                          Vick was never ever going to get the Falcons to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Vick came close to the Superbowl b/c teams hadn't figured him out yet. The league figured him out and then he consistently missed the playoffs.

The real question is "Who blew it more, Ricky Williams or Michael Vick?"

Ricky destroyed the franchise and now look at the dolphins. I think the Falcons are better off without Vick.

As for the person, Ricky is now spending his life working off debt to the dolphins with the rep of a pot head. Vick is spending jail time with the rep of an animal hater.

Damn, who F*cked up more?

Comment

Working...
                            X