NFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC West

If I had to make a prediction right now, this would be the toughest division for me to call. None of the teams are good enough to where you see a clear frontrunner, but I think all of them have improved since last season (maybe with the exception of Seattle), and you could make a case for each of the teams to win the division.

Before I say what I think, what's everyone's opinions?

I pretty much agree. I could see Seattle, St. Louis and San Francisco winning this division. The only thing I would say is that I don't think the Cardinals have much of a shot. Their defense is sub par, their offensive line still sucks and well, they're the Cardinals.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

In the end, I think Seattle's experience allows them to win the division... just slightly ahead of the 49ers. I think both the Seahawks and 49ers can make the playoffs. That said, I wouldn't count out the Rams.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

This division will come down only to the 49ers and the Rams for reasons that cannot be brought to the public eye quite yet. However i will share a few points now and then release other statments later. Alex Smith has more experience, along with the nice pick up of darell jackson and Frank Gore will have a very solid season despite his hand. In addition, will come the emergence of vernon. With that said, the Rams will have something to prove with the talent that thier offense posses. I believe the 49ers will take the division at the end!!
        Sales Tips and Sales Guide

"Football's Back" by: Rellik

Comment

Why don't you like the Seahawks?
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

thier not bad, i just thing their getting older while the rams just still have more talent, and the 49ers are getting deeper with thier talent getting more mature....the main question, how healthy will alexander be?????????????????????????????????????
            Sales Tips and Sales Guide

"Football's Back" by: Rellik

Comment

Alexander has looked solid in the preseason thus far. I disagree the Rams have more talent. Their defense isn't that good. Seattle's defense is much better.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I see Seattle as being on the slight downturn. Their offense is a little too much of a 2-man show, and with Alexander's production likely dropping off, it will put more pressure on the other players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 or even 3-way tie for first, with all the teams ending up with between 7 and 10 wins. If I had to, I'd probably give San Francisco the nod, though with a star like Jackson, the Rams could surprise.

San Fran 9-7
                Seattle 9-7
                St Louis 8-8
                Arizona 7-9

Comment

I could see that happening, Egg. I'd give Arizona one or two less wins if anything, but those standings look right on point.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Unfortunately for these teams, between Dallas/Philly and New Orleans/Carolina, both of the wildcards will likely be gone. Whoever doesn't take the division will be out in the cold, even if they have the same record.

Intra-division games will be extra important in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                      I could see that happening, Egg. I'd give Arizona one or two less wins if anything, but those standings look right on point.
                      You're probably right. Each year I try prevent the stigma of the Cardinals/Lions/Browns from influencing my predictions, and probably end up slightly overrating one or more of these teams as a result.

I'm reading how the Chargers racked up 506 yards of offense last night, the majority of which was against Arizona's first-team defense, and without Tomlinson. I try not to look too much into preseason games, but it still isn't very encouraging for Arizona's defense.

I expect Leinart to become an outstanding quarterback though. With all the weapons he has, if Leinart and the offense can learn how to strike quickly and force the other team to play from behind, they might eventually be able to get a Colts-like thing going.

The Colts however, have an offensive line which consistently plays at a very high level, year after year.

Comment

You're right, the Cardinals have an explosive offensive and their line didn't allow a single sack to San Diego. That defense is dreadful though.

I think a lot of people get suckered into picking Detroit/Cleveland/Arizona to be successful every year. I try not to let that happen.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I think everyone is a year or 2 too early when they talk about San Fran being good. Smith is still young and I'll give you Gore is a stud but don't think they'll be that good. Arizona doesn't know how to play offense and I think it's still between STL and seattle but I'm giving the edge to Bulger, Holt, and Jackson
                          Check out my new site Today!
                          Live 4 The Story

Comment

San Francisco's defense still needs some work. I think the 49ers may struggle to meet extremely high expectations.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                            X