Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about in denial....

http://www.celtkin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664

Things like that make me feel less and less sorry for them.

Ha, there is another thread down the first page where they are jacking their load off to Ted Ginn and slating Brady Quinn, hahahaha, oh dear.

Comment

I don't think they are in denial...I graded Beck out as one of the 30 best players in this draft. I thought it was a smart move by Cameron and I truly think it was the right move to pass on Quinn at 9 and take Ginn if they wanted to go that route in terms of a playmaking wide receiver.

Give Cameron time. The mess in Miami is not this fault. If he is fired at the end of the year I think that is ridiculous and some team is going to end up with arguably the best offensive coordinator in the NFL. I think Cameron can be a head coach and I think he was the right hire for the Dolphins.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        I don't think they are in denial...I graded Beck out as one of the 30 best players in this draft. I thought it was a smart move by Cameron and I truly think it was the right move to pass on Quinn at 9 and take Ginn if they wanted to go that route in terms of a playmaking wide receiver.

Give Cameron time. The mess in Miami is not this fault. If he is fired at the end of the year I think that is ridiculous and some team is going to end up with arguably the best offensive coordinator in the NFL. I think Cameron can be a head coach and I think he was the right hire for the Dolphins.
        I would fire him. Hiring a new Head Coach is meant to take the team forward. They've taken a massive step back.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
          I would fire him. Hiring a new Head Coach is meant to take the team forward. They've taken a massive step back.
          And you expected this team to win 7-8 games seriously?

Just because the team is losing doesn't mean it is the head coaches fault. Like quarterbacks, coaches get too much blame in this league for what is going on.

Just because you get a new head coach doesn't mean the team is going to come out and be so much better. It is about talent and the Dolphins are injured and old/suck on defense.

No fans to the casual fan but he simply has no clue about how to manage a football team. Knee jerk reactions aren't the answer. It takes patience to rebuild an NFL franchise and it does take 3-4 seasons to do this (look at the browns). Here is how you do it: draft well, draft well, draft well, get lucky with a few inexpensive free agents.

Comment

And you expected this team to win 7-8 games seriously?

Just because the team is losing doesn't mean it is the head coaches fault. Like quarterbacks, coaches get too much blame in this league for what is going on.

Just because you get a new head coach doesn't mean the team is going to come out and be so much better. It is about talent and the Dolphins are injured and old/suck on defense.

No fans to the casual fan but he simply has no clue about how to manage a football team. Knee jerk reactions aren't the answer. It takes patience to rebuild an NFL franchise and it does take 3-4 seasons to do this (look at the browns). Here is how you do it: draft well, draft well, draft well, get lucky with a few inexpensive free agents.
            I think a better draft could have helped them win about 7 or 8 games, maybe even 9, 10 at a push.
            Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but I felt their draft was the very reason they have failed this year. Bums at the most important position in the team and sure Beck is young (well not exactly, but hes a rookie) but look at Alex Smith for example. The 49ers really wanted to give him the starting gig, but he was so bad that Tim Rattay (Cleo Lemon in this case) was still better. They didn't upgrade their woeful secondary either, which they could have done with either of the second rounders. Hey they could have gotten Amobi Okoye 9th overall to address the run game and still upgraded the secondary (Houston, Wright, McCauley) and the QB now and long term (Edwards). Sure Ted Ginn has been OK, but to select a guy 9th overall, when your team has much more important fundemental needs for a guy who will probably touch the ball about 4 times a game is stupid and when you pass up on them early, when you finally look to address the main needs, the talent level just isn't as higher lower down the draft, and for thats where it all started to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
              I think a better draft could have helped them win about 7 or 8 games, maybe even 9, 10 at a push.
              Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but I felt their draft was the very reason they have failed this year. Bums at the most important position in the team and sure Beck is young (well not exactly, but hes a rookie) but look at Alex Smith for example. The 49ers really wanted to give him the starting gig, but he was so bad that Tim Rattay (Cleo Lemon in this case) was still better. They didn't upgrade their woeful secondary either, which they could have done with either of the second rounders. Hey they could have gotten Amobi Okoye 9th overall to address the run game and still upgraded the secondary (Houston, Wright, McCauley) and the QB now and long term (Edwards). Sure Ted Ginn has been OK, but to select a guy 9th overall, when your team has much more important fundemental needs for a guy who will probably touch the ball about 4 times a game is stupid and when you pass up on them early, when you finally look to address the main needs, the talent level just isn't as higher lower down the draft, and for thats where it all started to go wrong.
              You sir are the one that is in denial. A 7 game improvement after drafting 3 rookies? Yeah right. Unrealistic expectations, no wonder you think Cam should be fired.

I totally disagree. Ginn filled a huge need for Miami. He is a playmaker and honestly had one of the highest ceilings of any player in that draft. I have no problem with the pick, he is still an extremely young player. It takes 2-3 years to become an elite receiver in this league. You have to learn the offense, recognize coverages, etc.

Okoye would have been also a very good pick for them, but DT wasn't nearly as big a need for them as WR.

If you are going to draft a young QB then you better give him some receiving weapons. You take Okoye in 1, Beck in 2, and Beck has NOTHING to work with.

Comment

You sir are the one that is in denial. A 7 game improvement after drafting 3 rookies? Yeah right. Unrealistic expectations, no wonder you think Cam should be fired.

I totally disagree. Ginn filled a huge need for Miami. He is a playmaker and honestly had one of the highest ceilings of any player in that draft. I have no problem with the pick, he is still an extremely young player. It takes 2-3 years to become an elite receiver in this league. You have to learn the offense, recognize coverages, etc.

Okoye would have been also a very good pick for them, but DT wasn't nearly as big a need for them as WR.

If you are going to draft a young QB then you better give him some receiving weapons. You take Okoye in 1, Beck in 2, and Beck has NOTHING to work with.
                Return value a-side what extra did he offer to say Chris Chambers?

The way I looked at it originally Sidney Rice and Brady Quinn were my choices, value and need wise. Quinn for me was the polished young QB they have been looking for, for years. Beck is a project grey haired rookie who was taken too early. They could have gotten him even more weapons and still got him in the 3rd or 4th. Rice seemed the physical tall receiver they could have had opposite Chambers and would have filled the number 2 Wideout position that Ginn seemed initially drafted for (Or punt returning or to replace Wes Welker, whatever they never really explained the choice). Hey I'd rather have kept Wes Welker and given him the number 2 job and saved my picks for other more important stuff than spend a high first rounder on Ginn, considering what was available to them.

Miami have lost a lot of extremely tight games, six by three points. (Giants, Bills home, Redskins, Jets away, Texans, Steelers). Those 3 extra quality player could have made all the difference. Not to mention a couple of average teams coming up against them in the last three games outside of New England in Baltimore and Cincy they could easily have won 8 games.

Comment

You keep Welker, and you don't get Samson Steele who has started every game for them at center and looks like a future pro bowler.

There draft was fine...you are being very nitpicky.

Beck showed much more polish as a quarterback than Quinn did last year nad Beck was a better fit for Cameron's offense than Quinn. Beck looked to be the perfect fit for Cameron. Time will tell

Comment

Working...
                  X