2008 NFL Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NFL Losers

Every year it is fun the for the media in the offseason. So much giddyness. Everything is positive. So much to talk about. Players quoting cliches left and right. Everyone is on the same page....then the season starts. And a little snowball becomes an avalanche for some NFL teams. Injuries start to mount. Players getting frustrated with their touches, the team in general sucks.

While all the "experts" pick winners, and it is easy to do in the offseason, I'm picking the losers. It's easy to pick teams like the Dolphins and Falcons this time of year...lets get creative and get our minds going. Here are the 4 worst teams in the NFL for the 2008 season (in no particular order):

1. Carolina Panthers: This team is in shambles. They have been drafting horrible for this team and I particularly blame the scouting department. Offensive line is a mess. Defensive line is overrated. Safeties are a joke. Only good linebacker is Jon Beason. No proven runningback. Jake Delhomme throws a lot of INTs. I just don't like this team for so many reasons.

2. Chicago Bears: Yes. The Bears. Quarterback for this team is a mess. Offensive line is getting older and no talent here any more other than Kreutz who might retire. Cedric Benson being a total bust hurt this team. This team has been drafting horribly and it shows. Lance Briggs might bolt in free agency. Yuck. Just not a like about this football team and the North is about to get much much tougher...Lions should be wild card contenders next year if they make a move or two in free agency. Cowboys will be the Cowboys. Packers are built for the long haul. Tough division to win in and the Bears poor draft choices will haunt them.

3. Tennessee Titans: A team in another really tough division and I think we all expect the Texans to be true Wild Card contenders next year (if Schuab can stay healthy). Albert Haynesworth might bolt in free agency. Their corners are bad. Defensive Ends...not a lot to like about this bunch. I'm just not impressed with the talent on this team (three wins against the horrendous NFC South which they likely won't get next year). They are performing good this year because of three things: 1) Offensive Line, 2) Runningback performance, 3) Coaching...Fisher is a top 5 coach in the NFL in my opinion. Now with the OL returning that is something impressive, but teams are starting to figure out Vince Young and I am just not expecting rookie receivers to make great contributions immeidately. Moves must be made in free agency (resigning Haynesworth, bringing in a TE and WRs, a DE).

4. Saint Louis Rams: If Orlando Pace doesn't retire, then I will sub this team out but I think his career is over (and he is imo one of the most valuable players in the NFL year in year out). There just isn't a lot to like about this team without him. OL is a wreck. DL is getting older. OLBers are horrible. A lot of problems at safety. WRs are getting older. I just don't like this team for the long haul.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I agree with everyone except Tennessee. I think the Titans are a budding team and I agree Fisher is one of the top 5 coaches in the league. Nice job.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
      I agree with everyone except Tennessee. I think the Titans are a budding team and I agree Fisher is one of the top 5 coaches in the league. Nice job.
      That was the toughest team to put in my bottom 4.

Comment

Can the Rams really get any worse than right now?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
          Can the Rams really get any worse than right now?
          Yup.

Comment

I wouldn't call the Titans losers because I don't think many people predicted them to have a winning record. I would agree that their GM is a loser.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
              I wouldn't call the Titans losers because I don't think many people predicted them to have a winning record. I would agree that their GM is a loser.
              2008 not 2007

Comment

how about...

detroit
                miami
                san francisco
                matt mcguire

Comment

burrrrrrrnnnnnn

Comment

I agree 100% with Carolina. They're someones pick to go to the big dance ever year since they lost to the Pats and they do nothing but miss the playoffs.

The Titans however...

Their corners are bad.
                    They just drafted a corner and they'll have Pac Man Jones comming back next year. They're very young at the position, give them a chance to develop.

Defensive Ends...not a lot to like about this bunch
                    Kyle Vanden Bosch is in the top ten of DE's in terms of sacks. He's makes stops at clutch moments and has 3 FF. Antwan Odom is pretty average, but not terrible. He's about what they pay for him... can't complain.

Comment

My bad, Matt. Misread it.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                        how about...

detroit
                        miami
                        san francisco
                        matt mcguire
                        Way to go out on a limb with Miami and San Fran...

forgot my #5 team was Green Bay sorry to have left that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Way to go out on a limb with Miami and San Fran...

forgot my #5 team was Green Bay sorry to have left that out.
                          lol. hey it's pretty obvious that they are just ****ty teams and can't be left off the list.

and by #5 you must mean 19-0 for like 8 years running!! booyah.

Comment

Working...
                          X