Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mock Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Mock Draft

    2008 NFL MOCK DRAFT POSTED BY THE SPORTS SPARTAN Chris Ransom. My buddies call me the sports spartan because I know quite a lot about sports
    1. Miami Dolphins select Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
    2. New England Patriots from (San Francisco 49ers) select Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
    3. Atlanta Falcons select Matt Ryan QB Boston College
    4. St. Louis Rams select Chris Long DE Virginia
    5. New York Jets select Sedrick Ellis DT USC
    6. Kansas City Chiefs select Jake Long OT Michigan
    7. Oakland Raiders select James Laurinitus MLB Ohio State
    8. Baltimore Ravens select Brian Brohm QB Louisville
    9. Cincinnati Bengals select Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State
    10. Carolina Panthers select Calias Campbell DE Miami FL.
    11. Washington Redskins select Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida
    12. Philadelphia Eagles select Sam Baker OL USC
    13. New Orleans Saints Malcom Jenkins CB Ohio State
    14. Houston Texans select Ryan Clady OT Boise State
    15. Denver Broncos select Keith Rivers OLB USC
    16. Chicago Bears select Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
    17. Detroit Lions select Aqib Talib CB Kansas
    18. Buffalo Bills select DeSean Jackson WR California
    19. Arizona Cardinals select Kenny Phillips FS Miami FL.
    20. Minnesota Vikings select Malcom Kelly WR Oklahoma
    21. Tennessee Titans select Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
    22. San Diego Chargers select Rey Maugula MLB USC
    23. Dallas Cowboys from (Cleveland Browns) select Limas Sweed WR Texas
    24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Early Doucet WR LSU
    25. Seattle Seahawks select Rashard Mendenhall RB Illionois
    26. New York Giants select Adrius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
    27. Jacksonville Jaguars select DJ Hall WR Alabama
    28. Pittsburgh Steelers select Antoine Cason CB Arizona
    29. Green Bay Packers select Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
    30. San Francisco 49ers from (Indianapolis Colts) select Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
    31. Dallas Cowboys select Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma

    Walter please post my picks on the homepage of your website.

    Sincerely,

    Christopher Ransom

    P.S. please email me comments at [email protected] or click below to access my sports website.

    http://familylobby.com/ransomssports...um/default.asp

    Later Playa's!
    Last edited by champransom211; 12-11-2007, 08:10 PM. Reason: I'll update my picks after the bowl games and again after the combine.

  • #2
    DeSean Jackson fits what SF wants to do but I'd rather have Kelly myself

    Comment


    • #3
      Good mock, lots of your picks can happen... Though I agree with BR, I'd like to see a bigger WR there.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

      Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

      Comment


      • #4
        Ever heard of Kirk Morrison?

        Ellis is a very poor fit in the Jets scheme.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

        Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

        Comment


        • #5
          No way in hell does San Fran take Ainge in round 1 and pay him first round money to ride the bench a year or two, when they can take him in the second round 3 picks later...

          And the Lions would take Mauluga at their spot if he was on the board, especially with the talent at CB that will be floating around in free agency and the overall depth of the position in this years draft.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
            No way in hell does San Fran take Ainge in round 1 and pay him first round money to ride the bench a year or two, when they can take him in the second round 3 picks later...

            And the Lions would take Mauluga at their spot if he was on the board, especially with the talent at CB that will be floating around in free agency and the overall depth of the position in this years draft.
            I agree with the SF comment but not Detroit. SF needs immediate help. The Lions primary needs are DB and OT. Whatever they can't get in free agency they will get with this pick. Those holes are too glaring. Not that they could not benefit from a great ILB, they just can't pass on upgrading the other 2 positions..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by animal52 View Post
              I agree with the SF comment but not Detroit. SF needs immediate help. The Lions primary needs are DB and OT. Whatever they can't get in free agency they will get with this pick. Those holes are too glaring. Not that they could not benefit from a great ILB, they just can't pass on upgrading the other 2 positions..
              They can't pass on upgrading the ILB position either. Lenon is by far having his best season as a pro and is at the top end of the average scale. They brought in Buster Davis and drafted Johnny Baldwin to try and move Lehman and Lenon out of the position already. The chance at a beastly LB like Mauluga that can run, is just to much to pass up.

              Especially with the poor play by the DT's thus far this season they need someone that can go sideline to sideline and still hold down the middle and run with TE's and Runningbacks. Lenon can't do that, and Lehman doesn't appear to have ever fully recovered from his linsfac fracture a few years ago.

              Lenon can't drop quick enough in coverage either leaving iside slants wide open. See Last offensive play by Dallas this past weekend for a perect example whey they need more speed and skill at that position.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                They can't pass on upgrading the ILB position either. Lenon is by far having his best season as a pro and is at the top end of the average scale. They brought in Buster Davis and drafted Johnny Baldwin to try and move Lehman and Lenon out of the position already. The chance at a beastly LB like Mauluga that can run, is just to much to pass up.

                Especially with the poor play by the DT's thus far this season they need someone that can go sideline to sideline and still hold down the middle and run with TE's and Runningbacks. Lenon can't do that, and Lehman doesn't appear to have ever fully recovered from his linsfac fracture a few years ago.

                Lenon can't drop quick enough in coverage either leaving iside slants wide open. See Last offensive play by Dallas this past weekend for a perect example whey they need more speed and skill at that position.
                lenon can kick the ball back to tony romo if he fumbles on the last drive of the game, so that's a pretty valuable skill.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                  No way in hell does San Fran take Ainge in round 1 and pay him first round money to ride the bench a year or two, when they can take him in the second round 3 picks later...

                  And the Lions would take Mauluga at their spot if he was on the board, especially with the talent at CB that will be floating around in free agency and the overall depth of the position in this years draft.
                  Didn't know Craig was in the front office...since you know exactly what they will do in the draft in terms of exactly which player they would take.

                  I just personally can't stand it when people say, "Give us this player" or "The Giants are going to take Smith and only Smith at that spot"
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                  Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                    They can't pass on upgrading the ILB position either. Lenon is by far having his best season as a pro and is at the top end of the average scale. They brought in Buster Davis and drafted Johnny Baldwin to try and move Lehman and Lenon out of the position already. The chance at a beastly LB like Mauluga that can run, is just to much to pass up.

                    Especially with the poor play by the DT's thus far this season they need someone that can go sideline to sideline and still hold down the middle and run with TE's and Runningbacks. Lenon can't do that, and Lehman doesn't appear to have ever fully recovered from his linsfac fracture a few years ago.

                    Lenon can't drop quick enough in coverage either leaving iside slants wide open. See Last offensive play by Dallas this past weekend for a perect example whey they need more speed and skill at that position.
                    These are good points, but not enough imo to pass on the other 2 positions. They did let 5th round pick Baldwin go in the final cut in Sept. and Davis, although highly touted coming out of college, was cut by the team that drafted him, picked up on waivers but never got off the practice squad.
                    I saw that play too and it looked to me that it was Ernie Sims was the one that blew the coverage.

                    Maybe they'll draft the best WR again

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for your opinions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've never heard of Kirk Morrison. I got a good idea of college football players but I don't know every player. I'll google search 2007-2008 college football top 100 players.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If the Lions draft Aqib Talib they should draft Vince Hall the MLB from Virginia Tech in round 2.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I see the Texans going RB and QB Erik Ainge going in Round 2 or 3, though I think he is a mid to late first round talent. I like the Mock overall.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

                            Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah Joey Potter, thank you for the feedback. What do you think of this.
                              Houston Texans mock draft
                              1st round pick Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
                              2nd round Erik Ainge Quarterback Tennessee
                              3rd round pick Donnie Avery Wide Receiver Houston

                              P.S The Texans could use a boost at Offensive Line, but they adress that in the later rounds.
                              If I were the Texans owner I would try to trade up to get a Left Tackle like Jake Long from Michigan.
                              Last edited by champransom211; 12-12-2007, 06:16 PM. Reason: Offensive Linemen

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X