The Lions and Jon Kitna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lions and Jon Kitna

I think their recent collapse is pretty hilarious. The Lions drafted Calvin Johnson and Kitna suddenly thought they were a 10 win team.

Yes, looking back it's arguable that they should have chosen Joe Thomas instead. They would be running better and Kitna would have fewer sacks. But, time will tell on that. CJ is still young.

They are in free fall right now. All they have to look forward to now is free agency and the draft.

Comment

They have to get a few reliable linemen and a running back who can stay on the field. Then they will have a 10 win Offense.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

If you grade out Calvin Johnson higher than Joe Thomas then they made the right decision...remember they traded for George Foster.

I think drafting CJ was the right decision for the Lions.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          If you grade out Calvin Johnson higher than Joe Thomas then they made the right decision...remember they traded for George Foster.

I think drafting CJ was the right decision for the Lions.
          When he's playing well he looks like an man among boys. In time, you may be right. Goerge Foster has been benched. The Dre Bly trade got Detroit two benchwarmers.

Comment

Didn't the Lions get a draft pick out of that trade?

Comment

No, just Tatum bell and George Foster.

Comment

I thought George Foster was going to be better than what he is. I guess a product of the ZBS in Denver.

Comment

Yea the Lions just collapsed this second half of the season. The Detroit Lions, the new New York Giants in the 2nd half of the year?
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

We all thought that.

Comment

I just think the Lions beat a lot of easy teams and now they got into the meat of their schedule.

Give them credit though they played the Cowboys really tough last week.

Comment

The lions will be better after this MONSTER Draft. This draft has depth at every one of their needs. They will improve through the draft or it will be the worst catastrophy since Ryan Leaf. Offensive Tackle is 5 or 6 guys deep through 2 rounds, Running Back is too deep to count through 4 or 5 rounds. If they screw this draft up fire everyone in the front office.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Good point Joey...I also think Detroit should trade a mid round pick to acquire a veteran quarterback (Chris Simms would be a very good fit in my opinion if they can protect him).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            Good point Joey...I also think Detroit should trade a mid round pick to acquire a veteran quarterback (Chris Simms would be a very good fit in my opinion if they can protect him).
                            Are you thinking backup or replacement to Kitna?

Comment

I mean if you give up a 4th/5th rounder for Simms you aren't giving up much. Simms has a lot of talent, trust me. He throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL he has one hell of an arm. He struggled in Tampa namely with balls being batted down. In a different offense that doesn't require a lot of 3 step drops he would do quite well.

They drafted Drew Stanton for a reason. But bringing in Simms bringing in a realtively young veteran that has some experience.

He could be a total bust and he could be a franchise quarterback you just don't know. I think Simms is worth a 4th-5th round pick. If the Bucs gave up a quality cornerback like Brian Kelly in that deal I think they could get a 2nd rounder for Simms and Kelly considering Marinelli was a former Bucs defensive line coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X