Would you fire Brian Billick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you fire Brian Billick?

Considering their talent level, no team in the NFL has underachieved more the past few seasons than the Baltimore Ravens, especially this year. He was told yesterday in a meeting that he would return as head coach of the Ravens next season.

If you where the Ravens GM/Owner, would you fire or keep Billick?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3153060
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Considering their talent level, no team in the NFL has underachieved more the past few seasons than the Baltimore Ravens, especially this year. He was told yesterday in a meeting that he would return as head coach of the Ravens next season.

If you where the Ravens GM/Owner, would you fire or keep Billick?

13-3 last year and a Super Bowl victory to his credit. I can't see any logic in firing him. He clearly is capable.

Comment

No way I fire Brian. I think he's a good coach who just had a bad year. I like their offense a lot better under his play calling. You can't fault him for 2 year long diseases called McNair-Syndrome and Bolleritis.

If I were him though I might want to leave. That defense isn't dominant and is getting old. The offense was never real impressive.

Comment

The guy who comments at the bottom makes a good point saying...
        He has taken many a serviceable quarterback and ruined them. Granted McNair has health probs, but Grbac had a couple pretty good seasons before he met the Billick Buzz Saw, same with Testaverde. Derek Anderson was on the practice squad?! Luck for him he got to move on. Even makes me wonder how Boller might've turned out if he had gone somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
          13-3 last year and a Super Bowl victory to his credit. I can't see any logic in firing him. He clearly is capable.
          That logic doesn't hold up about past performances indicating that he is still capable. Teams change, player dynamics change, even opponents change.

I was surprised when it was announced that he'd be back. I was appalled after the 'fins win.

While we're firing coaches, I think it might be time for a change at Mile High as well. Not enough shanahanigans.

Comment

I dont' think you fire Brian just because they lost to the Dolphins...I totally forgot how they won 13 games last year.

Comment

I think you fire Billick because his teams have underachieved the past 6 years. Not because he lost to the Fins. Even when they've made the playoffs, they've lost right away.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I would fire him, and egg his house.
                Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
                Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
                Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
                Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  I think you fire Billick because his teams have underachieved the past 6 years. Not because he lost to the Fins. Even when they've made the playoffs, they've lost right away.
                  And once again, Billick is clueless.
                  Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
                  Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
                  Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
                  Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

Ridiculous
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Boller>Troy Smith...there is a reason he was a 5TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE!!!!!!!

He isn't that good as you think he is.

Comment

I agree that he's probably not going to be that good. However at this stage what do the Ravens have to lose by starting Smith. Boller isn't the future. That said, they'll probably be looking for a QB next year even if Smith was amazing (which he wouldn't be).

Comment

Walter, I think our friend Brian might need a priceless pep talk from Peyton Manning in your next write up.

Comment

Just because Smith doesn't start doesn't mean he won't play.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Boller>Troy Smith...there is a reason he was a 5TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE!!!!!!!

He isn't that good as you think he is.
                              "Not so fast my friend", Derek Anderson was a 6th round pic, don't want to make the same mistake two times do you?

Remember, Troy Smith stock droped mostly because of the title game and because of his size. If OSU would have won that game he would have been easy second round. Also looking over Troy Smith's carrer so far, he seems to make mistakes and then grow from them i.e. the title game and not be prepared for it.

Having said all that, I still don't know if you will make it or not but there is something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                              X