X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Oliver's comments on McNabb

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PAM OLIVER STANDS BY McNABB COMMENTS

FOX reporter Pam Oliver has responded to the comments of Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb regarding his comments to her that were reported during Sunday's game between Philly and Dallas.

"I just feel like our relationship is definitely broken," Oliver told the News Journal of Wilmington, Delaware on Monday. "It's not easy to be called a big, fat liar. You wake up to that and it's unpleasant."

Here are her remarks from Sunday, which caused the whole conundrum: "Donovan really seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbered. When I spoke with him before the game, I got the impression that Donovan is a little hurt by what he sees as an organization distancing itself from him and an organization that’s overly concerned about the negative fan reaction to him.

"But Donovan told me point blank: 'My knee is not an issue. The next place I go, I will win,' and also that he will keep a smile on his face for as long he's in an Eagles uniform."

Actually, Oliver said that McNabb's comments about the team were more pointed than she portrayed them to be, and that she toned them down in order to avoid getting him in hot water.

"My only professional regret is: Why on Earth did I bend over backwards to make it less impactful?," she said. "And then wake up to . . . to someone throwing you under bus like that.

"All I can tell you is I stand by it 100 percent," she said. "It's on-my-mother's-grave accurate. That's the bottom line."

Interesting to say the least. I am on the fence on this issue I have no clue who to believe. You know sometims sideline reporters need to fill time and might make up a story and of course Oliver would stand by her comments (even still lieing but who knows).

What are your thoughts and what will happen with McNabb?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

mcnabb is a big brown turd who needs to be flushed.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
      mcnabb is a big brown turd who needs to be flushed.
      Racist much? Lol j/k. But that was the first thing I thought when reading the big brown turd comment.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

oh...didn't even think of that. oops. he still is a turd that needs to be flushed. I guess he also is brown but that really is irrelevant.

Comment

you kids are clowns, pam oliver belongs in the kitchen.
          Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
            you kids are clowns, pam oliver belongs in the kitchen.
            QFT

Comment

what does qft mean again.

sigpic

Comment

quote for truth

Comment

lol ohhhh

sigpic

Comment

A sexist coment. Nice, West. I dont get what a sexist coment has to do with her ability as a reporter. I would believe Oliver over McNabb at this point in time.
                    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think we need a jew joke to complete the trifecta.

Comment

Female sideline reporters are trash...the only good sideline reporter is the Goose because he played the game and gives good analysis/insight.

Comment

My McNabb Rant

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Female sideline reporters are trash...the only good sideline reporter is the Goose because he played the game and gives good analysis/insight.
                          Please tell me this was a joke, that you don't actually like the Goose. By goose i take it you mean tony siragusa.

I'm turn the volum off when he's covering the game.

I was a huge McNabb backer. Took him for what he was and loved him as the eagles qb but I've had it so I'm just going to rant a bit here. McNabb will have at least on more upswing in his career, and good for him, but he is a passive aggressive, prima donna (partly due to being overly coddled by reid), momma's boy, In fact you heard it here first, McNabb and Lindros are long lost brothers.

He has yet to really man up about what happened in the superbowl. Admit you choked, its oky, you still had an ok game threw 3 touchdowns, and if you had better protection that day your team might of still somehow won.
                          So no surprise he wont' man up here and admit that he threw a hissy fit to Pam, I guess because Reid only stated he'd be the starting qb next year 15 times this week instead of 25. He probably talked about the fans booing him for good measure but Pam mercifully edited it cause everyone is tired of hearing about that. His parents will probably claim its another black on black crime this time the bad guy isn't even an ego maniac WR, its a female sideline reporter.

In summary McNabb, in case you are reading this, you are a 31 year old qb who can't read defenses, scramble, make decisions, or stay healthy. You also can't seem to let go of things that happened years ago, manage your team, or talk to reporters. Even though you clearly aren't good at throwing a football at least you are good at throwing recievers, coaches, tight ends, and offensive linemen under the bus, as well as disappointing fans. This has been a pep talk from someone who used to be one of those disappointed fans of yours.

-irish

Comment

If I was a team that needed a QB I'd take Mcnabb. The situation in philly is making him suck, they are just tired of each other and need to separate. Whether subconsciously or not I believe he will play better for his next team.

Comment

So Matt, the only people capable of getting interviews and information (from coaches, players, groundcrew, etc) are men who have played the game? Why does that make little sense to me?
                              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                              X