Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 NFL Mock Draft Updated - 12/20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 NFL Mock Draft Updated - 12/20

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

    Update for Thursday. Some changed picks, draft order modified, yadda yadda yadda.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

    Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

  • #2
    Walter, when are you going to start using the updated draft order instead of power rankings, or did u just switch?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not impressed with taking Matt Ryan #2 over Jake Long when this team needs an OL and I think emphasizing value is the best thing to do here (what the Browns did last year taking Joe Thomas over Brady Quinn at #3 overall).

      I really don't think the Vikings go WR in round 1 this year. I really don't. Sidney Rice looks like a great target. They have Aundrae Allison next to him as a #2 or #3. I think they need to look at other positions, especially defensively in round 1.

      Giants draft a WR???? Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith say hi. Horrible pick imo.

      I love the Jeff Otah/Pittsburgh fit...he is what they look for in linemen with that bulk and strength.

      Other than those 2 issues it is a solid mock. I'll have mine up for you tomorrow,...promise.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

      Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        Not impressed with taking Matt Ryan #2 over Jake Long when this team needs an OL and I think emphasizing value is the best thing to do here (what the Browns did last year taking Joe Thomas over Brady Quinn at #3 overall).

        I really don't think the Vikings go WR in round 1 this year. I really don't. Sidney Rice looks like a great target. They have Aundrae Allison next to him as a #2 or #3. I think they need to look at other positions, especially defensively in round 1.

        Giants draft a WR???? Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith say hi. Horrible pick imo.

        I love the Jeff Otah/Pittsburgh fit...he is what they look for in linemen with that bulk and strength.

        Other than those 2 issues it is a solid mock. I'll have mine up for you tomorrow,...promise.
        I don't have a problem with it. Bowman is 6,4 while Moss and Smith are smaller guys under 6 ft. Anything is an upgrade over Toomer these days. Did you see that drop against Washington? That was a disgrace. Getting another decent receiver in can give us an idea whether the problem is Eli or the receivers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Matt, I addressed the good point you made about Jake Long with another paragraph under my Falcons pick. I stand by Matt Ryan for now.

          As for the "real" draft order, I do use the standings, but when teams have the same record, I seed them in order of my Power Rankings. No reason to do the real order right now because that just changes every week.

          Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith say hello, eh? Manning says hi back, along with the 10 dropped passes the Giants had. Oh, and Amani Toomer's 401K says hi also.

          Vikings was tough for me. I still think they need a top-notch wide out.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

          Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the Eagles may pass on an OT and grab a DE or WR. Do you think the eagles may pick up Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State or Calais Campbell, DE, Miami if they are availalbe?

            Do you see them picking up an End in the first round? or is just me?

            edit: don't think the jags will grab a wideout this year.
            Last edited by bwest36; 12-20-2007, 12:52 PM.
            Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Browns 3rd Round pick you have them taking Titus Brown but it talks about Shawn Crable. Otherwise I liked the changes. Love the 49ers/Erik Ainge pick.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

              Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

              Comment


              • #8
                not a huge ezra butler fan. he's good, but i'm not sure he quite fits bob sanders' scheme to pick in rd 2. probably TE at that point, and a guy like humpal in rd 3. just saying.
                can't really argue with all-american aquib talib at the end of the first round. I still think they trade down, though, but we will see.

                Comment


                • #9
                  if the vikings want to do things right, they spend their first four picks on defensive studs. this way their defense will be complete and they can work on the offense later. look at the bears from two years ago. as bad as their passing game is, if they turn their defense from good to dominant, then they will be winners.
                  that said, i think jordy nelson would probably also look good in purple. unfortunately.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith say hello, eh? Manning says hi back, along with the 10 dropped passes the Giants had. Oh, and Amani Toomer's 401K says hi also.
                    I don't know how you can possibly blame Smith for being injured this season.

                    Look, I just don't think you need to pull a Matt Millen and draft a #3 WR in round 1.

                    You have Smith and Burress...you can find quality receivers in rounds 3 and 4 (even 5 too).

                    Giants have too many needs to address on defense...and if they went with value they should consider Rashard Mendenhall.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Not impressed with taking Matt Ryan #2 over Jake Long when this team needs an OL and I think emphasizing value is the best thing to do here (what the Browns did last year taking Joe Thomas over Brady Quinn at #3 overall).

                      I really don't think the Vikings go WR in round 1 this year. I really don't. Sidney Rice looks like a great target. They have Aundrae Allison next to him as a #2 or #3. I think they need to look at other positions, especially defensively in round 1.

                      Giants draft a WR???? Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith say hi. Horrible pick imo.

                      I love the Jeff Otah/Pittsburgh fit...he is what they look for in linemen with that bulk and strength.

                      Other than those 2 issues it is a solid mock. I'll have mine up for you tomorrow,...promise.
                      Im a firm believer that an O Line should be helped through free agency, Now

                      having said that I like Matt Ryan at #2, but only because Arthur Blank is so

                      Hellbent on getting a QB. As for the Vikings and the Giants I think both

                      should look to add to their secondary in the first round since this draft is so

                      deep at WR. But the vikings getting another WR like James Hardy or Malcom

                      Kelly would be making the final touch to one of the best offenses in the next

                      decade.
                      Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
                        Im a firm believer that an O Line should be helped through free agency, Now

                        having said that I like Matt Ryan at #2, but only because Arthur Blank is so

                        Hellbent on getting a QB. As for the Vikings and the Giants I think both

                        should look to add to their secondary in the first round since this draft is so

                        deep at WR. But the vikings getting another WR like James Hardy or Malcom

                        Kelly would be making the final touch to one of the best offenses in the next

                        decade.
                        The Vikes won't be that good without a real QB. Tarvaris Jackson has a long way to go before he can be good enough to lead a great offense.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                          The Vikes won't be that good without a real QB. Tarvaris Jackson has a long way to go before he can be good enough to lead a great offense.

                          Thats why i said in the "Next Decade" When Brady and Farve and Peyton are gone and a new era begins.
                          Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
                            Thats why i said in the "Next Decade" When Brady and Farve and Peyton are gone and a new era begins.
                            I doubt Bryant McKinnie, their great LT, is still around in the next decade. Plus, how long will Peterson's career last?
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X