Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Bill Parcells is going to rebuild the Miami Dolphins franchise

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Bill Parcells is going to rebuild the Miami Dolphins franchise

    It has been a horrendous year for Dolphins fans, but it got a lot better in the past week with the hire of Bill Parcells and beating the Ravens. Here is how Parcells will turn the Dolphins into a consistent winner:

    1. Fire Cam Cameron
    I don't agree with it and I think Cameron is one hell of a football coach and I like the draft he had last year, but it wasn't Parcells' hire and he is going to bring in his guy for better or worse. You can tell by Cameron's PC yesterday that he Parcells just won't get along and you can see the look in his eye that he won't be in South Beach next year.

    2. Hire Jason Garrett
    Parcells knows Garrett from his Dallas days and I think it is a good fit, he just went on record as saying that is a young head coach generation and he realizes this.

    3. Use the Free Agent Market
    Here are a few inexpensive signings I would make: QB Josh McCown, CB Randall Gay, and T Max Starks. I might even splurge and consider a Bryant Johnson who should be commanded medium range dollars on the market.

    3. Trade veteran talent
    I don't think Jason Taylor is tradable (they will be asking for a 1st and 3rd picks), but Zach Thomas is and you can get a 3rd/4th round pick for him.

    4. Have a great draft
    Parcells is really going to stay put and acquire a lot of good football players. With the first pick they will take either Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey. With the 2nd pick they will address the defense again I think (well most likely). Just draft hard, do your homework, and aquire a lot of good young talent. Here is a Dolphins mock I just made:

    1. Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU
    2a. DeJuan Tribble CB/Boston College
    2b. Josh Barrett S/Arizona State
    3. Mike McGlynn T/Pittsburgh
    4a. J Leman ILB/Illinois
    4b (Traded Zach Thomas). Shawn Crable OLB Michigan
    5. (Traded for QB Trent Green)
    6. Chris Hopkins TE/Toledo
    7. Mario Urrutia WR/Louisville

    5. Develop the talent with the coaching staff, and continue to acquire talent obviously through 2009 and 2010 drafts...I don't think Miami is going to make the playoffs again until 2010.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.


  • #2
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    It has been a horrendous year for Dolphins fans, but it got a lot better in the past week with the hire of Bill Parcells and beating the Ravens. Here is how Parcells will turn the Dolphins into a consistent winner:

    1. Fire Cam Cameron
    I don't agree with it and I think Cameron is one hell of a football coach and I like the draft he had last year, but it wasn't Parcells' hire and he is going to bring in his guy for better or worse. You can tell by Cameron's PC yesterday that he Parcells just won't get along and you can see the look in his eye that he won't be in South Beach next year.

    2. Hire Jason Garrett
    Parcells knows Garrett from his Dallas days and I think it is a good fit, he just went on record as saying that is a young head coach generation and he realizes this.

    3. Use the Free Agent Market
    Here are a few inexpensive signings I would make: QB Josh McCown, CB Randall Gay, and T Max Starks. I might even splurge and consider a Bryant Johnson who should be commanded medium range dollars on the market.

    3. Trade veteran talent
    I don't think Jason Taylor is tradable (they will be asking for a 1st and 3rd picks), but Zach Thomas is and you can get a 3rd/4th round pick for him.

    4. Have a great draft
    Parcells is really going to stay put and acquire a lot of good football players. With the first pick they will take either Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey. With the 2nd pick they will address the defense again I think (well most likely). Just draft hard, do your homework, and aquire a lot of good young talent. Here is a Dolphins mock I just made:

    1. Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU
    2a. DeJuan Tribble CB/Boston College
    2b. Josh Barrett S/Arizona State
    3. Mike McGlynn T/Pittsburgh
    4a. J Leman ILB/Illinois
    4b (Traded Zach Thomas). Shawn Crable OLB Michigan
    5. (Traded for QB Trent Green)
    6. Chris Hopkins TE/Toledo
    7. Mario Urrutia WR/Louisville

    5. Develop the talent with the coaching staff, and continue to acquire talent obviously through 2009 and 2010 drafts...I don't think Miami is going to make the playoffs again until 2010.
    Taylor is at the tail end of his career no one in their right mind would pay anymore than a low second rounder or high third rounder for him.

    BTW I really think they should address receiver in either the second or third round. The word is they want to shop Booker in the off-season and apart from Ginn, a hopeless Derek Hagan and the relatively unknown Greg Camarillo they have nobody.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mario Urrutia in the 7th? Bit low you think I've seen mock drafts on NFLDraftCountdown that have in as hig as the 2nd. I'm not saying he that good but 7th way to low.

      Other than that looks good. Agree trade away the old guys on D even Taylor.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bills_red View Post
        Mario Urrutia in the 7th? Bit low you think I've seen mock drafts on NFLDraftCountdown that have in as hig as the 2nd. I'm not saying he that good but 7th way to low.

        Other than that looks good. Agree trade away the old guys on D even Taylor.
        Can you link me on that because from what I see Scott doesn't have a 2nd round mock up (because he is lazy).

        I have watched this kid play a lot of games this year and he is SOFT. Trevard Lindley absolutely shut him down, he has butterfingers, and he is scared to go over the middle. Very, very overrated receiver in my mind that benefits from a great quarterback, an even better offensive system, and very inferior defensive talent that he goes up against in the Big East. I don't see the speed to warrant a 2nd round selection...the scouts will see through his many weaknesses and he wont' be drafted higher than the 5th round when all is said and done.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

        Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm just wondering if Parcells can be anywhere near as effective not being on the field coaching. What evidence do we have that he can make these types of decisions as well as he coaches?

          Comment


          • #6
            Does Scott run that site in his spare time or run it full-time (even though he does nothing to the site)?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Can you link me on that because from what I see Scott doesn't have a 2nd round mock up (because he is lazy).

              I have watched this kid play a lot of games this year and he is SOFT. Trevard Lindley absolutely shut him down, he has butterfingers, and he is scared to go over the middle. Very, very overrated receiver in my mind that benefits from a great quarterback, an even better offensive system, and very inferior defensive talent that he goes up against in the Big East. I don't see the speed to warrant a 2nd round selection...the scouts will see through his many weaknesses and he wont' be drafted higher than the 5th round when all is said and done.
              Just go to the MB also http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/PremiumBlitz/2008mock.htm

              57) Seattle Seahawks-Harry Douglas, WR-Louisville

              Comment


              • #8
                BR...Harry Douglas and Mario Urrutia aren't the same player :|
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  BR...Harry Douglas and Mario Urrutia aren't the same player :|
                  Yea I see that, but on the MB people have him in rounds 2-3.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't care what people on MBs have him at, they haven't seen him play they are probably going by his 6'6 200 size and 4.6 40 time, which doesn't tell the whole story.

                    So all of a sudden BR, people on forums determine where a prospect goes in the draft?
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                      Mario Urrutia in the 7th? Bit low you think I've seen mock drafts on NFLDraftCountdown that have in as hig as the 2nd. I'm not saying he that good but 7th way to low.

                      Other than that looks good. Agree trade away the old guys on D even Taylor.
                      Drops the ball way to much and has off fiedld issue which won't help him especially given the NFL's crackdown, alot of teams will be afraid to draft him unless he improves his attitude.
                      Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would have J. Leman going a little higher but because of his size he will probably end up there. Besides that great job.
                        Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          3. Use the Free Agent Market
                          Here are a few inexpensive signings I would make: QB Josh McCown, CB Randall Gay, and T Max Starks. I might even splurge and consider a Bryant Johnson who should be commanded medium range dollars on the market.
                          Majorly, don't they have around 26 million in cap room. They should go on a spending spree. Plus next year they'll get around half-a-dozen players back from IR. Tuna or not, I wouldn't be surprised to see something in the range of 4-6 wins for the Fins next season, especially if the Jets keep sucking.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A spending spree won't get them back into the playoffs, especially in that division. Allow your rookies to develop and add some solid player but it is important to realize that they are not going to go to the playoffs next season and should just look at it as a rebuliding season.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X