Mel Kiper says DE Chris Long #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel Kiper says DE Chris Long #1

Mel Kiper has said on this morning's ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the morning" that Bill Parcells may take Virginia DE Chris Long as the #1 to go in Miami's 3-4Defense he will have next season. There is also a chance he will trade for extra picks and take Long at 3 or 4. Kiper says Parcells likes Chris Long and may go out and take him as the Dolphins #1 Pick.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Noooooooo
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Parcells won't tell anybody what they want to know. We'll find out on draft day when it happens.

Comment

Kiper's an idiot but he could be right about Long going to Miami.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
          Kiper's an idiot but he could be right about Long going to Miami.
          Yes, it's a toss up as far as who will go #1. Any of the top 4 or 5 would be acceptable choices. But, given the depth of the draft, the smart thing to do imo is to trade down for extra choices. Lots of holes on that team.

Comment

Agreed... I think the Dolphins should do it even if the buyer doesn't want to match the Trade Value Chart.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

If they're going to trade down they should get Dwayne Robertson. The need a DT too and they could get a pick with it.

Comment

but would the Jets really want to trade players to a division rival?
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I doubt the Jets would trade up to #1 division rival or not, I just threw that out for sh*ts and giggles.

Comment

The Eagles and Cowboys traded last year. Don't rule it out.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Trading down from that #1 pick WILL NOT HAPPEN. It is too costly of a pick and usually trades this high in the draft revolve around a quarterback (Manning/Rivers trade in 04).
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Matt, that's why I said the Dolphins should accept less than the Trade Value Chart says
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

#1: You don't get jipped by 200 points it doesn't matter what you think of the TVC you don't become a total idiot and say "OMG we can get more picks lets do it"

#2: No team is going to trade up because they don't want to give up valuable picks. The Jets are not going to want to part with their 2nd round pick when they have so many needs. The Patriots aren't going to trade up because they don't want to give a huge contract.

#3: No team is going to trade up because they don't want to give a huge contract. I already mentioned the Patriots but this is true for all teams.

Just listen to me...IT WON'T HAPPEN.

Comment

There is a reason in the last 5-6 years that no team has made a trade that high in the draft (other than Manning/Rivers swap).

It is important to study the history of the Draft...people who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Comment

Just because it hasn't happened recently doesn't mean it can't happen again. I don't think it will happen in this situation but I wouldn't rule it out.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X