No announcement yet.

Mel Kiper says DE Chris Long #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see the Raiders trade up to get McFadden if they aren't in a position to get him, likewise with the Chiefs and Jake Long.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      There is a reason in the last 5-6 years that no team has made a trade that high in the draft (other than Manning/Rivers swap).

It is important to study the history of the Draft...people who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.
      I think there are some historical examples where is did work out well. One that I can remember is when Seattle, in their first or second year, traded away their #1 to Dallas, which turned out to be Tony Dorsett. Dallas of course got a player that helped them win Super Bowls, but Seattle immediatly became a winning team, the most successful expansion team in history at the time, using the influx of talent that they got from a bunch of lower picks. Dorsett would not have made the same impact on an expansion team.

This year, there are no Tony Dorsett's to be had, so it probably won't happen, but that doesn't mean that the idea is bad.

Comment

Chris Long is good but theres no way hes going number 1 when it's debatable if hes even the best player at his position.
        Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Calais Campbell?
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Calais Campbell might not even get drafted in the first round, he had a disappointing junior season.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
              Chris Long is good but theres no way hes going number 1 when it's debatable if hes even the best player at his position.
              Why can't he go #1 overall? He would present adequate value in my opinion to take him #1 overall.

Comment

I was thinking Vernon Gholston just because of his upside.

And yes its Adequate value, but theres more than adequate with Glenn Dorsey.
                Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Long doesn't grade out that much lower than Dorsey, if anything both are equally elite players.

Comment

Chris Long is a very safe pick, and if I were the Dolphins I'd like him on my team. I hope they take Dorsey though.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                      Chris Long is a very safe pick, and if I were the Dolphins I'd like him on my team. I hope they take Dorsey though.
                      Parcells is a 3-4 man, I think Chris Long is the pick as Dorsey doesn't fit in the 3-4.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking Mike, but I'm not sure if Long fits what Parcells wants, he prefers more DeMarcus Ware/LT types not Mike Vrabels, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X