X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future is now for Oakland...Russell to make first career start vs. Chargers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3167941
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

More INTs and fumbles!!! Woohoo!!!
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

He's a rookie!!!! Oh wait with today's media we expect him to play like Tom Brady immediately!!! Woohoo!!!1

Comment

Over or Under 3.5 turnovers for JaMarcus Russell?

Comment

Under definately 3 TOs is a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            He's a rookie!!!! Oh wait with today's media we expect him to play like Tom Brady immediately!!! Woohoo!!!1
            I never said he was going to be a bust. But it's always fun to watch the opposing defense score 21+ points.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Although if I had to bet, I'd say he will be a bust.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Russell looks very natural from what I have seen from him. He doesn't try to do anything flashy and he seems very poised (again from the very few highlights I have seen of him). He stays within the gameplan and seems very coachable.

Comment

From listening to him in interviews, he doesn't seem too smart. Then again, Dan Marino is a walking vegetable.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I often wonder how many highly touted QB's were never great only because they played on poor teams or were poorly coached. Would any of the great QB's in history been great on lousy teams?

Maybe Russell's success will depend more on how well the Raiders train him and surround him with the right players. Did anybody doubt that he was the top QB in the '07 draft?

Whaddya think?

Comment

Animal makes a GREAT point.

How many "great" NFL quarterbacks had bad receivers?

How many "great" NFL quarterbacks had a bad OL?

Russell needs talent around him. Walter I agree Russell is a poorly spoken person, definately not Tom Bradyin that sense, but that doesn't mean he can't read a defense. I don't like the way he dresses either, butI don't want to discriminate him and will judge him soolely on how he plays the game/carries himself off the field.

Comment

Thanks Matt. If eloquence were a determining factor then Joey Harrington would be in the Pro Bowl. I watched him for four years and he handled himself with class and poise despite his adversity. I still feel bad for him when he does poorly elsewhere.

Comment

That's a good point, but also the QB has to make a good o-line and good WRers too. The Texans o-line was bad, but Carr made them look way worse than they were by holding onto the ball for forever. I think Mike Vick does something unorthodox when he throws the ball that made his Wideouts drop balls so much, whereas Tom Brady can throw much more consistently and make a Patten/Branch/Givens look better than they are.

It most certainly is a very valid point, but the QB has to meet his guys halfway.

Comment

Good point NNC, Carr certainly made his OL look worse than what they were.

And your point is exactly why I am a big fan of Erik Ainge. Fewest sacks in the country and he had a very good senior season with a very inexpierienced WR cast.

Comment

Working...
                            X