Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aug. 22, 2007: The Chiefs gave Larry Johnson 6 years, $45 million. Did they overpay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    I took out a bet on Larry Johnson Under 1,700 rushing yards. Easiest prop ever.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Man the Cheifs are bad this year.... LJ better start rushing for 150 yards and 2 TDs a game for them to even have a chance

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    Well they had to get him on the field ASAP to get him in shape for the season, so I don't think they care about giving him the money as if they don't have him out there they are screwed, and when hes at his freshest he can do serious damage.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Adam, no running back who has carried the ball 385+ times has finished in the top 10 in rushing the following season since Eric Dickerson in 1989!

And that's 385 - LJ carried it 416 times! He's definitely going down.

Leave a comment:

• Egg
    replied
    Johnson will be 28 in a couple months, and a back of his type probably won't be successful much beyond 31 or so.

I believe I read he's getting 27.7mil over the first 3 years, so an average of 9.2mil per year.

Yeah, I'd say they over paid.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Everyone keeps saying he is going to get hurt! Why because he carries the ball every other play? I think he is built for the punishment and will be a very successful back. I would love to have this guy on my team. (They need to do something with their QB situation to improve his chances of not getting hurt)

Leave a comment:

• Aug. 22, 2007: The Chiefs gave Larry Johnson 6 years, $45 million. Did they overpay?

I think so. He's going to get hurt after carrying the ball 416 times.
Working...
X