Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 NFL Mock Draft Updated - 8/23

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 NFL Mock Draft Updated - 8/23

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

    Changed some stuff around based on the updated rankings and what I've seen in the preseason.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

    Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

  • #2
    I must say I'm a bit disappointed old chap.

    1st round pick- is nice but it's not a need, CB, DT and maybe RG are.
    2nd round pick- nice value but again CB, DT and maybe RG are more of a need but I would like that pick.
    3rd round pick- good pick a CB finally but I would love to get Andre Fluellen there.
    3rd round pick- bad pick FS is not at need at all with not DT picked one should be picked there.

    Mine with your spots would be this
    1st-Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
    2nd-Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
    3rd-Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
    3rd-Adam Kraus, C/G, Michigan

    Then in the 4th grap a WR and later in the draft maybe

    Comment


    • #3
      Bills Red,

      I have a huge problem with people that look at just your favorite team's picks in the mock. Okay, he didnj't pick the players you wanted. Guess what? That doesn't stop NFL GM's from pulling the trigger aka the Ted Ginn pick.

      My point in relation to mock draft is if you are going to criticize Walt's, Craig's, or my mock, then please critique THE ENTIRE MOCK DRAFT.

      Not just 2-3 picks. That is lazy. It is also very amateurish imo. Just looking to see who your team picked? If you want your opinion valued, then please tell Walt what picks you liked in the mock draft, as well as the picks you obviously didn't like.

      But that's not fun is it. Just go through and see who the Bills drafted. Walt didn't put in all his time on this site just so you are happy with who the Bills are taking in a mock draft that will actually happen 8 months from now.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

      Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        Bills Red,

        I have a huge problem with people that look at just your favorite team's picks in the mock. Okay, he didnj't pick the players you wanted. Guess what? That doesn't stop NFL GM's from pulling the trigger aka the Ted Ginn pick.

        My point in relation to mock draft is if you are going to criticize Walt's, Craig's, or my mock, then please critique THE ENTIRE MOCK DRAFT.

        Not just 2-3 picks. That is lazy. It is also very amateurish imo. Just looking to see who your team picked? If you want your opinion valued, then please tell Walt what picks you liked in the mock draft, as well as the picks you obviously didn't like.

        But that's not fun is it. Just go through and see who the Bills drafted. Walt didn't put in all his time on this site just so you are happy with who the Bills are taking in a mock draft that will actually happen 8 months from now.
        I think Matt has something up his....well you know what.

        No **** man, I'm just saying what the team will do more likley. Does Walt follow the Bills more than me. 99.998% he doesn't.

        I don't pay attention to every team like Walt or maybe you i don't know. I just really know my Bills and that is what I'm going to stick to. If I wanted to know about every team then I would, but do I care about the Colts no, so will I follow the Colts? No. So if I talked about the Colts I would be bull****ing.

        Comment


        • #5
          For Matt

          Agree the Fins suck but R.Brown is a good player and I think they would go with a O-Line guy.

          -----------------
          See I have no clue just how good Brown is or what spot on the O-Line they need help at, but then again I'm bull****ing to keep you happy so it's worth it.

          Comment


          • #6
            A few picks I don't like Walt:

            1. McFadden to Miami: Um? Are you kidding me? They spend the third pick overall on Ronnie Brown and then 3 years later they take a RB #1 overall? Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. This team would be better off with a player such as Jake Long or Calais Campbell #1 overall.

            2. Slaton to Detroit: Next year's draft will be loaded with runningbacks. I don't quite understand passing up on talents such as Glenn Dorsey, Sam Baker, Derrick Harvey, James Laurinitis/Dan Connor/Rey Maulaluga, or Justin King when they can find a damn good RB in round 2.

            3. Dorsey to Giants: Great value pick, but they took Jay Alford in the 07 draft. Sam Baker fits a much much bigger need with equal value.

            4. Phillips to Texans: Don't get me wrong, I like the pick. But it is reminiscent of last year the Redskins taking Landry with Okoye and Anderson on the board. The Texans need offense. Sam Baker, Early Doucet, Adarius Bowman, and Mario Manningham are available yet you pass?

            5. Mario Urrutia is in no way a round 1 talent. Highly overrated their in your mock.

            6. Why do you keep giving New England a runningback? Just doesn't make sense at all to me. They have needs at LDE, ILB, and CB.

            7. No Keith Rivers in round 1? Wow. He is no Rufus Alexander with his measurables imo.

            8. Only pick I can really criticize in round 2 is that of Vince Hall to the Cowboys. I thought this team was loaded at linebacker? Bobby Carpenter could be a star...idk. I think RB is a bigger need. Allen Patrick and Tashard Choice would both be excellent value in round 2.

            9. Jerome Felton is a round 6 pick. Seattle could easily address other needs on this team. Such as a backup quarterback since David Greene has never done anything.

            10. Bills have a great safety tandem in Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner. No need there for the next 4 years.

            11. DET took Alama-Francis so they are set at LDE. I don't see Ellis being a RDE. They need someone in the Simeon Rice mold.

            Picks I love:
            1. Cherilus to Dolphins
            2. Long to Vikes
            3. Burton to Titans
            4. Ryan to Jags
            5. Bryant to 9ers
            6. Richardson to Bears
            7. Jackson to Bengals
            8. Grimes to Steelers
            9. Davis to Seahawks
            10. Hardy to Jets
            11. Monk to Rmas
            12. Hall to Bears
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bills_red View Post
              I don't pay attention to every team like Walt or maybe you i don't know. I just really know my Bills and that is what I'm going to stick to. If I wanted to know about every team then I would, but do I care about the Colts no, so will I follow the Colts? No. So if I talked about the Colts I would be bull****ing.
              Idk dude. It is like criticizing a book after only reading 3% of it. You had nothing positive to say about his mock.

              I get emails all the time, and I like getting responses. But sometimes it really irks me when I hear people just want to talk about their team. "Gee, thanks for reading 2/64 of my mock."
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                I must say I'm a bit disappointed old chap.

                1st round pick- is nice but it's not a need, CB, DT and maybe RG are.
                2nd round pick- nice value but again CB, DT and maybe RG are more of a need but I would like that pick.
                3rd round pick- good pick a CB finally but I would love to get Andre Fluellen there.
                3rd round pick- bad pick FS is not at need at all with not DT picked one should be picked there.

                Mine with your spots would be this
                1st-Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
                2nd-Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
                3rd-Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
                3rd-Adam Kraus, C/G, Michigan

                Then in the 4th grap a WR and later in the draft maybe
                LOL - old chap.

                Receiver is a need. Josh Reed sucks. Roscoe Parrish hasn't proved anything. Peerless Price is a has-been. Early Doucet is such a talented player.

                Umm... we agree on second-round picks. I have Rivers. You have Rivers. You don't like the pick?

                I actually really thought about Fluellen in the third round, but with all the wide outs the Patriots have, I think the Bills will go after depth next offseason. Remember, by drafting a safety in the third round, I'm not suggesting that guy will go after Ko Simpson's job; he'll be a valuable backup against all the receivers the Patriots have.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

                Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  A few picks I don't like Walt:

                  1. McFadden to Miami: Um? Are you kidding me? They spend the third pick overall on Ronnie Brown and then 3 years later they take a RB #1 overall? Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. This team would be better off with a player such as Jake Long or Calais Campbell #1 overall.

                  2. Slaton to Detroit: Next year's draft will be loaded with runningbacks. I don't quite understand passing up on talents such as Glenn Dorsey, Sam Baker, Derrick Harvey, James Laurinitis/Dan Connor/Rey Maulaluga, or Justin King when they can find a damn good RB in round 2.

                  3. Dorsey to Giants: Great value pick, but they took Jay Alford in the 07 draft. Sam Baker fits a much much bigger need with equal value.

                  4. Phillips to Texans: Don't get me wrong, I like the pick. But it is reminiscent of last year the Redskins taking Landry with Okoye and Anderson on the board. The Texans need offense. Sam Baker, Early Doucet, Adarius Bowman, and Mario Manningham are available yet you pass?

                  5. Mario Urrutia is in no way a round 1 talent. Highly overrated their in your mock.

                  6. Why do you keep giving New England a runningback? Just doesn't make sense at all to me. They have needs at LDE, ILB, and CB.

                  7. No Keith Rivers in round 1? Wow. He is no Rufus Alexander with his measurables imo.

                  8. Only pick I can really criticize in round 2 is that of Vince Hall to the Cowboys. I thought this team was loaded at linebacker? Bobby Carpenter could be a star...idk. I think RB is a bigger need. Allen Patrick and Tashard Choice would both be excellent value in round 2.

                  9. Jerome Felton is a round 6 pick. Seattle could easily address other needs on this team. Such as a backup quarterback since David Greene has never done anything.

                  10. Bills have a great safety tandem in Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner. No need there for the next 4 years.

                  11. DET took Alama-Francis so they are set at LDE. I don't see Ellis being a RDE. They need someone in the Simeon Rice mold.

                  Picks I love:
                  1. Cherilus to Dolphins
                  2. Long to Vikes
                  3. Burton to Titans
                  4. Ryan to Jags
                  5. Bryant to 9ers
                  6. Richardson to Bears
                  7. Jackson to Bengals
                  8. Grimes to Steelers
                  9. Davis to Seahawks
                  10. Hardy to Jets
                  11. Monk to Rmas
                  12. Hall to Bears
                  I'll address your points:

                  1. McFadden's the best player available. If the Dolphins have the No. 1 pick, they must take him. The Saints had Deuce McAllister and yet they took Reggie Bush. And it definitely does make sense from a business standpoint; the Fins will make more cash selling McFadden jerseys than Long or Campbell jerseys.

                  2. Two words: Matt Millen.

                  3. The Giants will get exposed against the run this year. You may not see DT as a need now, but it will be next year.

                  4. I think you undervalue Kenny Phillips a bit. I think he goes top 10.

                  5. I've seen other mocks with Urrutia in the first round. We'll have to agree to disagree there.

                  6. New England takes a corner with their first pick. They have no legitimate backup for Laurence Maroney. I think backup RB is definitely a need.

                  7. USC players tend to slip.

                  8. Bobby Carpenter hasn't done anything yet. Akin Ayodele is mediocre.

                  9. Seattle just signed Seneca Wallace to an extension. Felton is a round 3-4 prospect in my opinion.

                  10. A third-round safety isn't going to take anyone's starting job. The pick will provide depth against the receiver-laden Patriots. Bills have to beat the Pats to win the division, right?

                  11. Alama-Francis is no guarantee to perform well in the NFL.

                  Thanks for the feedback.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

                  Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    I'll address your points:

                    1. McFadden's the best player available. If the Dolphins have the No. 1 pick, they must take him. The Saints had Deuce McAllister and yet they took Reggie Bush. And it definitely does make sense from a business standpoint; the Fins will make more cash selling McFadden jerseys than Long or Campbell jerseys.
                    It's different. The Saints suffered from Katrina and they needed to sell tickets. Also, Deuce isn't a passing threat like Bush is. Brown is much more versatile than Deuce. Selling jerseys doesn't win football games. Drafting Darren McFadden won't help this team win nearly as many games when comparing the impact of a Jake Long or Calais Campbell...but McFadden when you already have Ronnie Brown? It's a bad pick. Investing too much money in the running back situation. This is part of the reason why Houston passed up on Reggie Bush. Also, Miami already drafted Lorenzo Booker. They have depth at RB.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    2. Two words: Matt Millen
                    Millen drafted Ernie Sims. So whats your point? He knows he f'd up with the pick of Mike Williams (Rogers busted more because of health than anything imo), but he did the right thing in drafting CJ, we all know this. Millen had a great draft last year. So stop it with the haterade. Getting Drew Stanton, Gerald Alexander, and Akaika Alama-Francis were all great 2nd round picks (okay, Alexander was a bit of a reach, but he fits their Cover 2).

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    3. The Giants will get exposed against the run this year. You may not see DT as a need now, but it will be next year.
                    So will their pass protection. You can find an adequate run stuffing DT in round 2. You can't find many left tackles in round 2 unless u get uber lucky like the Colts did seeing Ugoh fall that far.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    4. I think you undervalue Kenny Phillips a bit. I think he goes top 10.
                    I never said anything bad about Phillips. Top 6 player imo. But Houston needs to help out Matt Schuab. You criticize the Houston organization for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush (which I agree with with that pick at that time) but then you take Kenny Phillips over players like Steve Slaton and Early Doucet?

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    5. I've seen other mocks with Urrutia in the first round. We'll have to agree to disagree there.
                    6'6 runs a 4.65 40...maybe into the first round as a TE. Fact of the matter is he might have been partially a product of Petrino's system against extremely weak Big East defenses.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    6. New England takes a corner with their first pick. They have no legitimate backup for Laurence Maroney. I think backup RB is definitely a need.
                    You can find a very good backup in round 3 this year. Heck, Rafael Little might go in round 5! He is quite a talent and will be a solid backup imo.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    7. USC players tend to slip.
                    Pro Scouts don't think like this. They don't grade scouts based on what school they go to. So Dwayne Jarrett fell last year (due to bad 40 time and character issues) and Kalil fell (not a big need for an undersized center in the NFL). Matt Leinart fell....not a big need for QBs in the NFL anymore. Nothing of this has to do with USC. That is just poor logic. Same with Notre Dame players. Brady Quinn didn't fall because he went to Notre Dame. He fell because Cam Cameron didn't like his accuracy and there isn't a big need for QB like I said already.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    8. Bobby Carpenter hasn't done anything yet. Akin Ayodele is mediocre.
                    Neither has Jamarcus Russell. Doesn't mean Oakland should take a QB in round 2 next year.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    9. Seattle just signed Seneca Wallace to an extension. Felton is a round 3-4 prospect in my opinion.
                    They didn't give Wallace big money though. He is a poor passer...FBs rarely go early. There is just no need for FBs in the NFL really. Maybe 2 teams will need a FB. They can wait cuz they know other teams won't take their guy. Also, remember that people had Mason Crosby as a first rounder before last season started. lol donkaments

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    10. A third-round safety isn't going to take anyone's starting job. The pick will provide depth against the receiver-laden Patriots. Bills have to beat the Pats to win the division, right?
                    Maybe I was being too nitpicky in the third round. But you can find the backup in round 4. Teams drafted starters in the first three rounds usually. The Bills need a backup RB more than a backup safety. Insurance for Lynch is a must.

                    Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    11. Alama-Francis is no guarantee to perform well in the NFL.
                    Renown DL coach Rod Marinelli transformed the career of guys like Booger McFarland, Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, and Chris Hovan. When he drafts "his" guy and he coaches him, I like the pick. Also, no guarantee Calvin Johnson will perform well either. But that doesn't mean you have zero patience with your young players Walter unless they end up having Lawrence Phillips type issues.

                    Thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      1. The Vikings drafted Adrian Peterson when they had Chester Taylor too. Sometimes you can't pass up pure talent. Besides, I don't think Ronnie Brown's that good anyway. He's NEVER been a featured back anywhere. Not in high school. Not in college. He was last year, and he broke down. And football, as sad as it is, is about making money, at least from the owners' perspective. Not winning football games. You can make money by winning football games, yes, but you can also make money by drafting a popular player and selling his jersey.

                      2. No one can say if Millen had a great draft this year because we haven't seen anyone play yet. The Lions need a top running back. Why should they deal with Jones' injuries and Bell's fumbling problems? They won't win football games that way.

                      3. Jerry Reese thinks the left tackle position is overrated, remember?

                      4. Well, Slaton's already gone at No. 9. I'm not saying the Texans don't need a receiver. They need help everywhere. In my opinion, Phillips is better than Doucet. That's why I have them taking Phillips over Doucet. It was a close call.

                      6. Ray Rice is better than any RB in Round 3. The Patriots don't really have any overwhelming needs. I think they can take BPA.

                      7. Quinn's the only player to fall from Notre Dame. But no need for big QBs anymore? What about the Lions and the Raiders? They both passed over him. What about Winston Justice, who fell from Top 15 to the second round? Almost every single USC player has dropped over the past few years. Just check it out.

                      8. Bad comparison. Carpenter played one year. Russell hasn't played yet. Plus, the QB position takes a lot longer to produce.

                      9. Well, I never said anything about first round, but Felton is projected to go Rounds 3-4. I'm just telling you what I see and what I've heard from others. I doubt Seattle takes a backup QB unless Hasselbeck gets hurt.

                      10. You could be right about a backup RB.

                      11. I guess we'll see about Alama-Francis in one year. This is about a third-round pick, anyway. We're talking about depth here.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

                      Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X