Cowboys ILB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys ILB?

I'm confused on why you have the Cowboys taking a ILB in the 2nd round in 2008 and then another in the 1st round of 2009? We have two starters Ayodele(27), James (26) and then two solid backups in Burnett (24) and Carpenter (23).

Let me get your opinion on Akin Ayodele then, because I think he's very mediocre. Also, Bobby Carpenter has yet to do much in this league, and I thought he was a pretty significant disappointment last year. Think he gets into the starting lineup this year? Carpenter and Burnett only have one start between them in their careers...
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I'de say Akin had a pretty medicore year too but the way I see it is James is the leader of the D and just signed a 5 year contract last year so he's around for awhile and then if Akin doesn't perform this year Carpenter or Burnett gets the start next year (possibly this year,but doubtful) All should see significant time this year. IMO there's just to much talent and depth to draft another ILB.

PS: I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I think your site is one of the best there is.

Comment

It's a little unfair Walter to say X player hasn't done this yet. We have 17 weeks of football in front of us. Lay off the red haterade!
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaBoyz View Post
          I'de say Akin had a pretty medicore year too but the way I see it is James is the leader of the D and just signed a 5 year contract last year so he's around for awhile and then if Akin doesn't perform this year Carpenter or Burnett gets the start next year (possibly this year,but doubtful) All should see significant time this year. IMO there's just to much talent and depth to draft another ILB.

PS: I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I think your site is one of the best there is.
          Thanks for that comment, and no I wasn't offended or anything, I just wanted your opinion.

I really like Bradie James too. I just haven't seen anything from Carpenter or Burnett yet. If they both struggle to get on the field again this year, could you see the Cowboys drafting an ILB early in '08?
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I guess if they don't see the field(and Akin doesn't play good) then it's a possibilty but wouldnt that be giving up on Carpenter too early?

Another question is how all these LB's do in Wade Phillips system. Akin could really thrive in the new system or he could be worst and Burnett or Carp could thrive. So who knows, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
            X