Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    Yeah, I agree with what you're saying, but I think that when a team doesn't cover the number, it means it doesn't produce as well as expected.

Still, a 3-5 SU number is more horrifying for teams with byes.

Leave a comment:

• Egg
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    ATS statistics determine overrated/underrated teams. Look at the teams who have great ATS records this year. Some of the best teams are the Packers, Browns, etc. - squads people underestimated. Teams with poor ATS records this year are the Ravens, Bengals, etc. - squads people overrate.
    Yeah, ATS basically just gives an idea of who is overrated and underrated.....by the oddsmaker. The Patriots don't stop and say "Wait guys, we're winning by 17 with a minute left to go.......we need to go all out to score another touchdown to cover an artifical spread."

If they don't do this though, they'll be penalized when you look at ATS statistics. ATS stats are flawed.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Egg View Post
    Not to agree or disagree with the rest of the discussion, but ATS statistics are flawed. Teams don't play to cover an artificial spread. They play to win.
    ATS statistics determine overrated/underrated teams. Look at the teams who have great ATS records this year. Some of the best teams are the Packers, Browns, etc. - squads people underestimated. Teams with poor ATS records this year are the Ravens, Bengals, etc. - squads people overrate.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    The people making the odds just want even money on both sides for playoff games correct?
    No, that's very incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• Egg
    replied
    Not to agree or disagree with the rest of the discussion, but ATS statistics are flawed. Teams don't play to cover an artificial spread. They play to win.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    Not covering the spread is indicative of the favorite not playing as well as expected.
    "Not playing as well as" the casual fan expected. The people making the odds just want even money on both sides for playoff games correct?

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    ...or the people making the spreads to be off.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Not covering the spread is indicative of the favorite not playing as well as expected.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I'ts the playoffs games are supposed to be ****ing close not blowouts.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Omg They Are 1-7 Ats Becasue The Spread Really Matters In The Playoffs Omgomgomgomgogm

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    But they did lose. 1-7 ATS the past two years. 3-5 SU I believe. That's terrible!

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    WAlter you looked at W-L record you didn't do any real research and look at why those teams that lost, actually lost.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Matt, I already showed you yesterday that teams with byes really suck in their first game. That only gets magnified if those teams rest their starters in Week 17 and especially Week 16.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Brad Johnson is back manhe is playing awesome.

Leave a comment:

• SanchezMVP2009
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Why did they have to play their starters? Don't these guys practice or do they just play games and do nothing else related to football during the week?

Their great players like Romo, Marion Barber, T.O., Witten etc. should be rested no matter what this time of year.
    So that their starters won't get rusty in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X