X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft Stock Market 1-2-08

Stock up:

*Jake Long T/Michigan
    Absolutely manhandled Florida speedster Derrick Harvey all game long. Questions came into this game about Jake Long being able to play LT...I think he can.

*Chad Henne QB/Michigan
    Henne threw some absolute bullets against Florida, and when healthy I think he is a solid quarterback. His stock goes up, but I'm still very hesitant to put him in the 2nd round. He still forces the ball. He still makes bad decisions. He still looks lost sometimes.

*Lawrence Jackson DE/USC
    Played a great game against Illinois and showed that he can play the run and the pass against the electric Juice Williams.

*Andre Woodson QB/Kentucky
    Showed excellent accuracy against a very underrated FSU defense. He threw several deep balls on the money that his WRs could not get to because of their speed, not because Woodson overthrew them.

*Shawn Crable OLB/Michigan
    Was everywhere on the field and handled the tough reads against the Florida spread option.

*Vontae Davis CB/Illinois
    Did you see him fly to tackle All-Universe recruit Joe McKnight? WOW!

Stock Down
    *Matt Ryan QB/Boston College
    It is neck and neck right now between Ryan and Woodson for being the first QB taken. Ryan has shown a lot of bad habits, and Woodson looked like he shored up his accuracy against FSU, but it still a little streaky. Ryan didn't impress against the more talented opponents this year (3 INTs vs. FSU) while Woodson shined against them, granted with a more talented supporting cast. But Ryan does a lot of things I'm just not a fan of, and his arm strength isn't what it is hyped up to be.

*Gosder Cherilus T/Boston College
    His pass protection is really starting to come into question, and he just isn't that athletic. Isn't tough enough to play guard. Might now be a 3rd-4th round draft pick.

Colt Brennan was left off this list because in my opinion he was never that good to begin with.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-02-2008, 02:02 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Rey Maualuga LB/USC = up
    Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

I have watched him play a lot this year, This kid can run.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        Colt Brennan was left off this list because in my opinion he was never that good to begin with.

LOL Priceless!
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
          Rey Maualuga LB/USC = up
          He was very impressive early in the game but he looked bad in pass coverage when Juice Williams got in a rhythm and Illinois started taking chances. Maualuga is best fit in a 3-4 defense.

Comment

Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State rb - do you think he went a little bit up? He showed speed, and was hitting holes hard. Now i no his O-Line one of the best but he honestly made people miss.
            Last edited by bwest36; 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Tony Temple-Up
              Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Theres a typo under Lawrence Jackson, they played Illinnois not Hawaii, And in my mind Andre Woodson was always better that Matt Ryan. The other thing that bothers me about Jake Long is if he did so good against Derrick Harvey then why did he blow it against Vernon Gholston?

Comment

Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
                  Theres a typo under Lawrence Jackson, they played Illinnois not Hawaii, And in my mind Andre Woodson was always better that Matt Ryan. The other thing that bothers me about Jake Long is if he did so good against Derrick Harvey then why did he blow it against Vernon Gholston?
                  Because I think he prepared more for Harvey and Gholston is a much better all around player than than Harvey is.

If Gholston stays in school he is going to be a top 5 pick in 2009. I think he will come out though.

I mean give Jake Long a break. It is Vernon Gholston. He is going to look a lot of NFL OL look bad.

Comment

Lol true true.

Comment

Stock up:

*Jake Long T/Michigan
                      Absolutely manhandled Florida speedster Derrick Harvey all game long. Questions came into this game about Jake Long being able to play LT...I think he can.

*Chad Henne QB/Michigan
                      Henne threw some absolute bullets against Florida, and when healthy I think he is a solid quarterback. His stock goes up, but I'm still very hesitant to put him in the 2nd round. He still forces the ball. He still makes bad decisions. He still looks lost sometimes.

*Lawrence Jackson DE/USC
                      Played a great game against Illinois and showed that he can play the run and the pass against the electric Juice Williams.

*Andre Woodson QB/Kentucky
                      Showed excellent accuracy against a very underrated FSU defense. He threw several deep balls on the money that his WRs could not get to because of their speed, not because Woodson overthrew them.

*Shawn Crable OLB/Michigan
                      Was everywhere on the field and handled the tough reads against the Florida spread option.

Stock Down
                      *Matt Ryan QB/Boston College
                      It is neck and neck right now between Ryan and Woodson for being the first QB taken. Ryan has shown a lot of bad habits, and Woodson looked like he shored up his accuracy against FSU, but it still a little streaky. Ryan didn't impress against the more talented opponents this year (3 INTs vs. FSU) while Woodson shined against them, granted with a more talented supporting cast. But Ryan does a lot of things I'm just not a fan of, and his arm strength isn't what it is hyped up to be.

*Gosder Cherilus T/Boston College
                      His pass protection is really starting to come into question, and he just isn't that athletic. Isn't tough enough to play guard. Might now be a 3rd-4th round draft pick.

Henne really was impressive yesterday but Booty really hasn't impressed me that much. Woodson is the QB frontrunner in IMO. If he comes out, Mendenhall will be a great back. J.Stewart will be also. Brennan is a little girl and it was great seeing that wrestling match he was in last night. He got an 8 count!

Comment

Also other additions:

Stock Up: Jason Rivers WR Hawaii
                        Yeah Hawaii was terrible on offense, but I was impressed with Rivers because he was their only receiver that truly stepped up and was a leader. Don't look at the stats (10 rec, 101 yards)...this kid showed a lot of intangibles against a nightmare that was Georgia.

Stock Down: Chase Daniels
                        12-29 for 140 yards? Hardly impressive. He is not the next Drew Brees. More like the next Chris Leak.

Again I haven't ever been that impressed with Daniels, just throwing it out there that he didn't play great vs. Arkansas despite the scoreboard.

Comment

Also other additions:

Stock Up: Jason Rivers WR Hawaii
                          Yeah Hawaii was terrible on offense, but I was impressed with Rivers because he was their only receiver that truly stepped up and was a leader. Don't look at the stats (10 rec, 101 yards)...this kid showed a lot of intangibles against a nightmare that was Georgia.

Stock Down: Chase Daniels
                          12-29 for 140 yards? Hardly impressive. He is not the next Drew Brees. More like the next Chris Leak.

Again I haven't ever been that impressed with Daniels, just throwing it out there that he didn't play great vs. Arkansas despite the scoreboard.

at least Daniels has another year. It will be interesting to see if he improves.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                            at least Daniels has another year. It will be interesting to see if he improves.
                            Meh, he doesn't have much upside in the NFL, or in his next season. I mean you can't really improve your arm strength. It is what it is.

We all know how shorter quarterbacks fall in the draft recently (Gradkowski, Leak, Smith).

Comment

aaron rodgers improved his arm strength a ton this past offseason.

not saying that daniels is going to be good, but crimeny i give guys a shot when they're only 21 years old.

another jab into your proverbial ribs is that I think Tebow will be a good QB. because his focus is on improving as a qb. he may never be superstar, but he doesn't want to be a fullback, he wants to read defenses and be accurate and all that, but he is willing to do what it takes to win, and right now that is run like a fullback. and again, he also is young.

Comment

Working...
                              X