X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by trayrenfro View Post
    I do agree the sec top to bottom is the best but they dont always have the best team.
    I agree with this.

Leave a comment:

• trayrenfro
    replied
    Ill say this again ranking confrences is meaningless. Just because a confrence isnt that good top to bottom doesnt mean a thing, look at past national championships (all had average conf. that year)
    Ohio St in '02
    Oklahoma in '00
    USC in '04 and '05
    Texas in '06
    and if OSU wins that makes 6 teams in the last 8 years the best team in the best confrence didnt win the national championship.
    btw auburn was the best team in the sec in '04-'05 season and ran the table but I still call them #1 in my book.
    I do agree the sec top to bottom is the best but they dont always have the best team.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    or even when cal lost longshore, not that cal was super duper but same effect on the ensuing game.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    yeah that game was like oregon losing dixon.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
    well when they were hot they really dominated. problem is they were streaky like every other team in the country pretty much.
    True...they played bad vs. Colorado...and Bradford got injured vs. Texas Tech that was a fluke.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    well when they were hot they really dominated. problem is they were streaky like every other team in the country pretty much.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
    yeah if donovan didn't suck and they had a defense and no injuries to all their wrs they probably would have. just that little bit could've made the difference.
    lol yeah if they only had 15 things go their way....

But seriously did people want to put Oklahoma in the National Championship? I was a big fan of their football team, and they deserved BCS but they don't deserve to play OSU or LSU.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    yeah if donovan didn't suck and they had a defense and no injuries to all their wrs they probably would have. just that little bit could've made the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I thought the Badgers were gonna win the Big Ten honestly.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    yeah it sure was a disappointing year for the big's. stupid badgers.

Leave a comment:

• tech2186
    replied
    Really all of those "Big" conferences were little as a whole this year if u ask me with the exceptions of a few teams

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yeah but you can say that about any conference. Every conference has a lot of good teams, it is a matter of depth and this year the Big XII, Big East, and Big Ten.

Basically, you aren't Big, just average.

Leave a comment:

• tech2186
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    WVU's offense wasn't too much for OU's defense...OU was just unprepared and they didn't want it so credit to WVU. But I'dhardly say WVU is out of OU's league.

WVU is not making the Big East look more legit. Did you see South Florida get thumped by Oregon? This is one game. As a conference, the Big East doesn't impress me at all. Top to bottom, they flat out suck...okay maybe WVU is good but other than that if we went through the matchups the Big East would get annihilated.

OU is making lesser conferences better? Yeah, that Hawaii meltdown didn't happen. Lets just forget about that.
    LOL i was being sarcastic about the OU making conferences better thing but I think the Big East is underestimated. I mean WVU, Rut, USF were all pretty decent teams. It isn't the best conference by any means but you got to play any of the big east teams hard or they'll beat you cuz they never give up

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yuck...Bradford get some Proactive

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    WVU's offense wasn't too much for OU's defense...OU was just unprepared and they didn't want it so credit to WVU. But I'dhardly say WVU is out of OU's league.

WVU is not making the Big East look more legit. Did you see South Florida get thumped by Oregon? This is one game. As a conference, the Big East doesn't impress me at all. Top to bottom, they flat out suck...okay maybe WVU is good but other than that if we went through the matchups the Big East would get annihilated.

OU is making lesser conferences better? Yeah, that Hawaii meltdown didn't happen. Lets just forget about that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X