Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Only one team was high on Henry though and that was Tennessee...just like Matt Jones the majority opinion was those guys where still reaches. Jones was a projected 2nd round pick and Henry was a projected 4th round pick.

If Jones was taken in the 2nd round and still played slightly below average (his career hasn't been a total flop) then no one would look at him and say he was a big reach because of the combine...he always had the upside as a receiver in college...he was projected to run a 4.55 at the combine and be a 3rd round pick before the combine.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Chris Henry Titans who got blew up last week.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    The combine is just one piece of the puzzle, and it is an improtant piece.

A player underperforms to their projections and you question how athletic they are and their work ethic.

It is important, but certainly not the be all end all. Some teams get too carried away: aka the Jags with Matt Jones.

Leave a comment:

• trayrenfro
    replied
    I like how a 3erd rounder can earn millions more by busting his a** in these pre combine camps, go into the combine a 3erd rounder and walk out a 1st rounder with out actully getting better at football. Im not knocking it, it can show nfl teams how a guy can improve on his athletic abilty if he really wants to. Ive seen phil jackson CB for Colorado '99-'02 run a 4.33 45in vert run blow out everyone else in every other skills test yet get burned 6 times a game. Make you wonder if people over emphisize these skills test and not enough on game tapes.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Okoye was a stud at the Senior Bowl but Gholston should blow up the Combine.

Leave a comment:

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    Ahh ok

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Okoye was put on the map in the Senior Bowl, not really the combine (although he was impressive there as well).

The Combine is broadcast on NFL Network and it has like 6 hours of coverage for every day there.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
    What channel is the Combine on?

Vernon Gholston might do what Omobi Okoye did last year.
    Be young?

Edit: nfl network

Leave a comment:

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    What channel is the Combine on?

Vernon Gholston might do what Omobi Okoye did last year.

Leave a comment:

• trayrenfro
    replied
    Vernon Gholston looks like Robert McCune the LB from Lousiville. Any one see him at the combine in '05. Looks like a bodybuilder.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    Who do you think will run the fastest 40?
    I mean to tough to say accurately because I mean I can't predict a 4.32 over a 4.34...these guys will definately be in the running for the fastest times though:

Donnie Avery WR Houston
    DeSean Jackson WR Houston
    Andre Caldwell WR Florida
    Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
    Patrick Lee CB Auburn
    Nile Legania CB Wayne State (heard he can run a very very low 4.2)
    Chris Johnson RB Eastern Carolina
    Jaymar Johnson ATH Jackson State

Nile is the odds on favorite and my guess...if Darrius Heyward Bey the Soph from Maryland commits he will be on this list as well (as a note he is a 3rd-4th round pick)...All of these players will be on Oakland's raid-ar just because of their 40 time.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-03-2008, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Who do you think will run the fastest 40?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Loadholt is definately best fit at RT...I think he is too tall to play guard.

Loadholt reminds me of a poor man's Marcus McNeil.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Loadholt reminds me of a less polished Leonard Davis, he'd also be better at guard, maybe RT.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Johnny Dingle owned Loadholt all night with his speed and Loadholt is penalty prone we knew that.

Duke Robinson played pretty good despite the rest of his OL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X