• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 1/3

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Hope you guys like it.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I can't see the Raiders passing on McFadden.Not the way Al Davis likes these flashy players.Also, Fargas is an UFA so we may or may not re-sign him.Jordan is as good as gone.That still leaves Rhodes & Bush.

But if we did pass on him, the selection you had going to us would still make sense.

RD.2:
    Why not Dre Moore instead of Kentwan Balmer?Was it b/c he was ranked higher?

Comment

Chris Long might be just as good as McFadden from a value standpoint...they could go either way.

Also, Al Davis did draft Howie Long. There is a big history in the NFL Draft of teams drafting other players based on the familiarity with the genetics, just off the top of my head:

*49ers drafting Andre Carter because of his father Rubin Carter
      *Cowboys drafting Bobby Carter based on his father Rob Carter (who was coached by Parcells)
      *Peyton deserved to go #1 (which was helped with familiarity with Archie), but lets call a spade a spade here. Eli was #1 because of his DNA (to Peyton )
      *Cam Cameron was familiar with Ted Ginn Sr. (as the HC of a high school football team in Ohio) and so he drafted his son Ted Ginn Jr. in a shocking draft pick.

Not genetics, but the Knicks drafted Michael Sweetney (C, Georgetown) in the hopes that he would be the next Patrick Ewing. Not the NFL or anything I know but I'm just making the point of familiairity.
      Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-03-2008, 11:30 AM.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

That's what I came to realize... Chris Long is pretty flashy in himself, being the son of Howie.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

dam kenny phillips at #10... eagles cant get him . I hope they draft Reggie Smith or bowman..................................... OR maybe Gholston will make it to #19? i can dream right?
          Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

^If your gonna you might as well dream big.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

^^ill be shocked if Gholston isnt in the top 10..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
                ^^ill be shocked if Gholston isnt in the top 10..
                I won't...the need for a DE might not be there.

Comment

saints/cinci/jets, KC if they let Allen go, Even the ravens might snatch him.

sigpic

Comment

i also thought carolina had a top 10 pick, you maybe right but i doubt he gets past the lions.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
                      i also thought carolina had a top 10 pick, you maybe right but i doubt he gets past the lions.
                      Lions will pass on him they have too many needs, already drafted Alama-Francis and signed DeWayne White last year.

Comment

that's a good Falcons draft. Keith Rivers is a steal and so is Charles so I liek that. it makes passing on McFadden early good. I would rather us trade down for Woodson at QB though.

Founder of ScarDraft
                        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Yeah but scar who is going to trade up that high and for what player? I just don't see it happening.

And don't you guys have Boley and I heard Atlanta is high on Stephen Nicolas. Why do you need an OLB (even though I think your defense needs more speed up front).

Comment

Okay so Jerious Norwood can't carry the load but Charles can? I'm not buying it. Both are speed backs that aren't built for 30 carry games.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              I won't...the need for a DE might not be there.
                              Miami
                              St. Louis
                              Oakland
                              NY Jets
                              New England
                              Baltimore
                              Cincy
                              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                              X