Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the world was upside down? What if the NFL had bowls, and NCAA had a playoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the world was upside down? What if the NFL had bowls, and NCAA had a playoff?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...s-ran-the-nfl/

Great read.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

But it is not. It is different. There is more parity in the NFL. YOu can't compare the two leagues. It is totally different and anyone that knows anything about football knows this.

119 D1A teams vs. 32 teams...hmmm.

I've already made my points this year how there was only 2 teams worthy this year of playing for the title game and those points can not be debated.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

320 something NCAABB teams and they have a tournament. Hmmm...

Matt, just read the article, it's really good.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I'll read it objectively...

I disagree with these concepts. It is two different leagues. In college there are really only 2 other teams in my opinion that would have a shot of beating the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes: LSU and USC.

Now in the NFL every team plays a tough schedule because you are playing up against NFL talent. Okay so your opp. record was .350...it is still different than say Hawaii playing Creampuff U every other week. The NFL is just different Walter. I have made my points why a playoff would be a waste of time this year and why the BCS gets it right most of the time.

And like I said for the millionth time, College Football is much more regional than the NFL. There are more teams (no matter how good/bad) for fans to root for and follow so determing a "true" (bull**** word but you use it) national champion in NFL is much more important than in the NCAA. I like the NCAA football more than the NFL because the regular season has more meaning than the NFL. USC lost to Stanford. Done you are out. Oklahoma lost to Colorado. Done you're out (later lost to TT, but because they lost Bradford...still shoulda beat them).
        Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-04-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

That's ridiculous that the regular season should mean so much. It's the damn regular season. Remember a few years ago when Georgia lost D.J. Shockley for one game? That was their only defeat and they were excluded from the final postseason exhibition contest because they lost their starting QB for one game. In the words of Dennis Green: Bull**** Bull****!
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Yeah but it is awesome that the regular season means so much. I love it. I love knowing that one game can ruin their season and it puts more pressure on teams to play up to their abilities.

It is how it is supposed to be in my opinion. But in Walter's playoff system, USC can slip a few times, not play to their potential, but still have a chance at the title, and in my opinion that is wrong.

Okay, LSU has 2 losses. One in which happened to a very underrated Kentucky team, on the road, and lost in triple overtime. The other to the best running game in the country: McFadden/Jones. It is just the gauntlet that is the SEC.

LSU has more quality wins than any team in the country (off subject but proving a point).

Comment

How many NFL studs, QBs especially have made their name in the post season? Dan Marino is the undisputed best QB ever of the regular season, but he never won a Superbowl so we talk about Montana and Elway.

The goal of football is to win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                How many NFL studs, QBs especially have made their name in the post season? Dan Marino is the undisputed best QB ever of the regular season, but he never won a Superbowl so we talk about Montana and Elway.

The goal of football is to win championships.
                How often are we going to talk about Chris Leak? Favre says Marino is the greatest QB ever.

Comment

I love Favre, but he doesn't know what he's talking about.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    I love Favre, but he doesn't know what he's talking about.
                    brett Favrerer noes all..
                    Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Yeah well when Favre said this was the most talented team he has been on people laughed at him...who is laughing now?

Comment

For every Brett Favre that thinks Marino is the best QB ever I'll find 100 people who think it's Elway or Montana.

Comment

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that Montana is the greatest QB ever. But Brady, Manning, Marino, and Elway are also very very high on that list.

Comment

Alright, so if the regular season was weighted so much how many QBs would jump Montana? Montana could hardly ever stay healthy for a whole regular season. He never threw for 4,000 yards (something Peyton does every year), but yet when it comes to the post season he turned it all on.

I think he had like 11 TDs and 0 INTs in the Superbowl (positive he had no INTs). The BCS doesn't allow this sort of evaluation. How many college football players have the rep as great in the regular season, but just couldn't get there game on in the Outback Bowl.

Comment

Yeah...Chris Leak was a GREAT quarterback because he won a national title.

Comment

Working...
                              X