Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trayrenfro
    replied
    There will never be a playoff, I do like college football the way it is. Make for great conversations. Both my teams have benifited from it. Colorado in '90 and '01 and Auburn in '04.

Leave a comment:

• ysuallthetime
    replied
    Mizzou lost twice, Kansas once. There was the some dabate with Miami and FSU years back when Miami beat FSU. Kansas did somebody (Va Tech) and won. Va Tech was one defensive stop away from the national title this year.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by ysuallthetime View Post
    Dude you obviously never knew of Kansas football before Mangino got there. It was a joke. Would get blown out by every Big-12 team and would lose to a bunch of MAC schools. Mangino has brought respect to the program with His own players. Now this is key because a lot of big name coaches do it with players that are not their own (IE Urban Myer).

Kansas deserved to be there as did Mizzou, it's stupid to limit conferences to 2 teams in the BCS.
    Well if they are going to limit conferences, then Kansas shouldnt' have been there anyways...they got beat by Mizzou.

Also you made my point for me. Getting blown out by everybody...I'm just saying I'm not sold on Kansas yet (unless they play another schedule with a bunch of Creampuff State schools).

Leave a comment:

• ysuallthetime
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I'm not buying into Mangino just yet. Kansas could be a one-year wonder. They did nothing to deserve being in the Orange Bowl (over Mizzou).

Here is my motto: If you think your team is good, and you aren't scared to play anybody....THEN ****ING PLAY SOMEBODY.

Look at what Pete Carroll does. Anyplace. Anytime. Anywhere. He isn't scared. Les Miles? He's not scared. He played one of the best non-conf opponents in Virginia Tech and slaughtered them.

Dude you obviously never knew of Kansas football before Mangino got there. It was a joke. Would get blown out by every Big-12 team and would lose to a bunch of MAC schools. Mangino has brought respect to the program with His own players. Now this is key because a lot of big name coaches do it with players that are not their own (IE Urban Myer).

Kansas deserved to be there as did Mizzou, it's stupid to limit conferences to 2 teams in the BCS.

Leave a comment:

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    Hawaii no, but if illinois keeps getting the recruits there getting watch out.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by trayrenfro View Post
    A lot of college football is opion based. The bcs trys to eliminate it with rankings, strength of schedule ect. but there is still a opion factor in there. Its been this way since the 1900's.
    Very true, but I like it this way. I just think a playoff would be a huge waste of time whether you guys want to admit it or not. Would Hawaii or Illinois be able to compete with teh big boys? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• trayrenfro
    replied
    A lot of college football is opion based. The bcs trys to eliminate it with rankings, strength of schedule ect. but there is still a opion factor in there. Its been this way since the 1900's.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    Once again, why would you want a Champion most of the time when you could have it all the time? What if it was your team that got snubbed?
    Thats just the nature of the beast. Oklahoma felt they got snubbed yet Stoops came out and said he likes the BCS for a whole lot of reasons, most of all he thinks it would put a financial burden on fans.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Just go on the history of the BCS....they get it right a very big majority of the time.
    Once again, why would you want a Champion most of the time when you could have it all the time? What if it was your team that got snubbed?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by ysuallthetime View Post
    Mark Mangino (Kansas Football Head Coach) graduate of my college Youngstown State. Shocker another sucessful football figure comming out of YSU.
    I'm not buying into Mangino just yet. Kansas could be a one-year wonder. They did nothing to deserve being in the Orange Bowl (over Mizzou).

Here is my motto: If you think your team is good, and you aren't scared to play anybody....THEN ****ING PLAY SOMEBODY.

Look at what Pete Carroll does. Anyplace. Anytime. Anywhere. He isn't scared. Les Miles? He's not scared. He played one of the best non-conf opponents in Virginia Tech and slaughtered them.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    LOL Matt, stop going against what everyone wants - the best and most fun thing for college football
    You don't necessarilly know that.

Look. No one likes it because teams are getting "snubbed" from winning the title. The fact of the matter is this only becomes magnified even more if there is a playoff.

Like I said OSU and LSU deserved to play for the title game. They had minimal losses and they lost to very good football teams.

Just go on the history of the BCS....they get it right a very big majority of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    LOL Matt, stop going against what everyone wants - the best and most fun thing for college football

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    That's the point I was making.
    So your point is we need a 100 team playoff?

Leave a comment:

• ysuallthetime
    replied
    Mark Mangino (Kansas Football Head Coach) graduate of my college Youngstown State. Shocker another sucessful football figure comming out of YSU.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Hey. We can't prove if Ole Miss can beat USC because it can't be proven. What about Notre Dame? Can Notre Dame beat LSU? We don't know because it can't be proven.

The list goes on and on down the line.
    That's the point I was making.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X