X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Tim Tebow Debate

http://walterfootball.com/tebow.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

"GridIron NUt - You are right about him not being able to run around in the NFL, BUT he reminds me a lot of Ben Roethlisberger, only better. He's big, and he will be able to escape the pocket when needed and maybe break one for a big gain like we've seen from Big Ben."

I've been of the opinion that Tebow is Big Ben, but faster and with less throwing skills. I'd be very surprised if Tebow evolves into a better pro than R'berger is.

Comment

Wow thanks for posting that Walter that's a really good idea. Just a question for you though Walter. Did you see Tim Tebow at the end of the game (and most during it) versus Michigan? When Michigan neutralized the read option and forced Tebow to become a pocket quarterback he looked like a lost puppy and played exactly like how I predicted.

Keep in mind on the poll though these are the same people that voted Florida into the National Championship game.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
        "GridIron NUt - You are right about him not being able to run around in the NFL, BUT he reminds me a lot of Ben Roethlisberger, only better. He's big, and he will be able to escape the pocket when needed and maybe break one for a big gain like we've seen from Big Ben."

I've been of the opinion that Tebow is Big Ben, but faster and with less throwing skills. I'd be very surprised if Tebow evolves into a better pro than R'berger is.
        Berger was a much more polished passer than Tebow was, and this isn't going to change because Meyer's offense is just going to stunt the growth of Tebow in terms of being able to make NFL reads and NFL throws (not saying he doesn't have the ability to do this).

Look Tebow has all the ability in the world don't get me wrong, but if he gets drafted by an NFL team he needs 2-2.5 years on the bench to learn the position and I'm not kidding.

Also, he probably runs a 4.65-4.7 40. And remember how un-elusive VY has looked once teams start gameplanning for him.

Comment

I look at Tebow physically and I see:

A QB with great size and mobility
          A QB with a great arm
          A QB whose ceiling is extremely high

This is why I think he goes high in the draft. GMs will love his potential.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Okay one thing I never mentioned in that debate was how beat up Tebow is going to be by the time he gets to the NFL. He's going to get hit a lot. Also, I'm not so sure he comes out as a junior.

I can't disagree with those points Walter. But I don't think the area scouts are going to bite and take a HUGE risk on him as a first round pick, much less a very high one.

Comment

I think they almost did the same thing with JaMarcus Russell.

And I agree with Tebow perhaps getting hurt. That's my only concern with him as far as his draft status is concerned.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Once again Russell is a much more polished passer. He isn't the most polished but when it comes to comparing him to Tebow, not even in the same ballpark.

And Russell improved because he had to learn how to play the quarterback position in Jimbo Fisher's offense. He grew as a quarterback, and I don't think Tebow has that capacity in MEyer's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  A QB whose ceiling is extremely high
                  \
                  Yeah, white male QBs don't have to deal with that glass thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Berger was a much more polished passer than Tebow was, and this isn't going to change because Meyer's offense is just going to stunt the growth of Tebow in terms of being able to make NFL reads and NFL throws (not saying he doesn't have the ability to do this).

Look Tebow has all the ability in the world don't get me wrong, but if he gets drafted by an NFL team he needs 2-2.5 years on the bench to learn the position and I'm not kidding.

Also, he probably runs a 4.65-4.7 40. And remember how un-elusive VY has looked once teams start gameplanning for him.
                    Wait, Matt, are you actually agreeing with me here? The first part was quoting GridIron Nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Okay one thing I never mentioned in that debate was how beat up Tebow is going to be by the time he gets to the NFL. He's going to get hit a lot. Also, I'm not so sure he comes out as a junior.

I can't disagree with those points Walter. But I don't think the area scouts are going to bite and take a HUGE risk on him as a first round pick, much less a very high one.
                      Next year he wont run nearly as much with transfer from USC Emmanuel Moody starting at RB plus Meyer has already said that we will use a two QB system again next year using Cam Newton.
                      With Tebow along with any QB running the spread in College should definitely sit for a couple years and develop into a pro style QB but I agree with Walter in that he will go very high because of his insane potential.

Comment

I don't know why you all categorize Tebow's potential as "insane". He just isn't as mobile as you think in terms of translating to the NFL. Vince Young has "insane" potential and the Titans coaching staff feels Collins gives them the best chance to win.

Comment

VY is also an Idiot. I dont see the comparison to VY besides the fact that they ran the football in college. Sorry that you dont like the use of the word insane but his potential is insane, nuts, otherwordly, (insert synonym), etc. Whether you agree with it or not he will be a coveted prospect coming into the NFL and will get drafted high. Its just the way it goes, when youre an athletic monster you will go high.

Comment

Ever watched the NFL before?

Hi guys, I'm new to the site. I was reading some of your posts and can't help but wonder if those who think Tebow is even a first rounder have watched much NFL football, or the draft. Undoubtedly, Kiper and McShay won't have him in their top 25, and teams will hate the system he's in. Anyone remember where Troy Smith went in the draft? Eric Crouch? Scott Frost really tore the NFL up... AS A BACKUP SAFETY! Even Vick, who is far more talented, as well as disturbed, couldn't really cut it in the NFL. I agree with the theory that Tebow might make a decent fullback, but he won't get drafted ahead of guys who like Mathew Stafford of Georgia, Boeckman (if he returns), and a slew of dark horses who aren't yet on the radar. Tebow isn't polished enough in the passing game, and will suffer the same adjustment that most run first quarterbacks do when going to the NFL.

Comment

Lol Matt didn't you say Carson Palmer was gonna be a bust?
                              Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X