Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commishes discuss 4 team playoff

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3185000

Not surprisingly, Pac 10 and Big 10 commishes don't want it (same conferences w/o a championship game).
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

There is a God.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
      There is a God.
      So I'm guessing your god is not a Pac 10/Big 10 fan?

Comment

I am
        Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

i love Kansas
          Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Never going to happen. 8 Team playoff would be nice with keeping the other bowl games.
            All confrences need championships or none at all.
            Auburn Tigers in the Draft:
            Quentin Groves-DE
            Patrick Lee-CB
            Pat Sims-DT

Colorado Buffalos in the draft
            Jordan Dizon OLB
            Terrence Wheatley CB

Comment

100% agree with trayrenfro here. All the conferences need championships or not at all. I'll post later what I think an ideal playoff would be although it would never happen for obvious reasons (you will see why).

Comment

this is all just talk, there is tooo much money in bowl tv deals at stake .....greed always wins over the greater good

Comment

I'd be ecstatic

Comment

Originally posted by Mvpsdad View Post
                    this is all just talk, there is tooo much money in bowl tv deals at stake .....greed always wins over the greater good
                    they would make much much more money in a 16 team playoff while still kepping minor bowls for the guys outside of the top 16 (why 16? well, it's enough to give EVERY conference champion a shot at the title (11) so the minor conferences won't *****. and it gives the same amount of at large teams as the minor conferences. it may not be the best 16 but it will be the best 11 and the 5 minor conference champions and everyone would get a shot. even if there were some crush games. and the BCS could be used for the seeding and such. that would be much less controversy. OH NO! the #13 team didn't make it. oh well, too bad.

Founder of ScarDraft
                    Writer for Drafttek

Comment

School Scheduals, event planning, TV contracts all play a major roll in why even a 4 or 8 team playoff will never happen. More goes into the whole picture then just creating extra games.
                      Quentin Groves-DE
                      Patrick Lee-CB
                      Pat Sims-DT

Jordan Dizon OLB
                      Terrence Wheatley CB

Comment

Originally posted by trayrenfro View Post
                        School Scheduals, event planning, TV contracts all play a major roll in why even a 4 or 8 team playoff will never happen. More goes into the whole picture then just creating extra games.
                        and I got to a D1-AA school. make the school season 11 games instead of 12 and it works just fine.

Founder of ScarDraft
                        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

1AA schools are completly diffrent, they dont have to worry about hundreds of millions of dollars, sponserships, venues that hold 50-90,000, and creating all the hype that goes with all the tradition. If you dont want to make $ it works just fine. Play the games on campus, and see who's the best team is. The key is to do that with the hundreds of millions of dollars. Gets very tricky.
                          Quentin Groves-DE
                          Patrick Lee-CB
                          Pat Sims-DT

Jordan Dizon OLB
                          Terrence Wheatley CB

Comment

Originally posted by trayrenfro View Post
                            1AA schools are completly diffrent, they dont have to worry about hundreds of millions of dollars, sponserships, venues that hold 50-90,000, and creating all the hype that goes with all the tradition. If you dont want to make $ it works just fine. Play the games on campus, and see who's the best team is. The key is to do that with the hundreds of millions of dollars. Gets very tricky.
                            um, not even close to true. Their are many stadiums that hold 45-70 thousand in D1-AA (Ga. Southern for one) ALSO it works just fine for us. Money is not an issue that can be decided later. the hype will be there in the first place. thin kthe NFL. just the same.

Founder of ScarDraft
                            Writer for Drafttek

Comment

I dont think anything will happen next year obviously but if we have the same thing where there are not 2 clear contenders I feel they will look into some sort of playoff and I wouldn't be suprised to see that happen in the next 3 years...
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                              X