Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martz to the niners!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Martz to the niners!

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3186942

    Will we see the development of Alex Smith the coming season? And how will Kitna and the Lions do without him?
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

  • #2
    Im sure Frank Gore loves the move. Good luck to Alex Smith.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
      http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3186942

      Will we see the development of Alex Smith the coming season? And how will Kitna and the Lions do without him?
      The niners will need to learn a new and complex system. No instant offense for sure.

      Kitna will do fine. With the new committment to running the ball, he'll add a couple years to his career with the far fewer sacks. The Lions....it all depends if they learn how to block. The new OC is the O-Line coach so maybe. As a Lions fan, I've learned to live with reduced expectations.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh thank god, but anything is better then Hostler. I still think Ted Tulner would be a fine OC.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
          Oh thank god, but anything is better then Hostler. I still think Ted Tulner would be a fine OC.
          Whenever I saw the Niners which wasn't much it looked like they couldn't block at all. You don't have O-line listed as one of your need or wants. I understand the QB situation didn't help but you need a capale line especally with Marx or that offense will continue to look like crap.

          Maybe they had injuries on the line or I'm just wrong but I got feeling any receiver you bring in will have the same fate as Jackson. Just wondering your opinion.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hopefully Martz can tap into Vernon Davis' potential.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Hopefully Martz can tap into Vernon Davis' potential.
              Agree I want to see what he can do

              Comment


              • #8
                Vernon is smart but he will never be an elite TE for one reason - he's dumb. He gets called for a false start or idiotic holding call at least once per game. As for the OL, they admittedly weren't that great, but they were better then 55 sacks would suggest. Our biggest problem is the left side of the line, which had been our strength. Jonas Jennings has lost it both physically and mentally (he never was that good) and Larry Allen is so arthritic, old, and slow that my grandma could beat him. Our OL should be better next year since Allen will most likely retire and Jonas will (hopefully) be cut. In addition, our young guys will mature and get better. Our OL should be pretty good next year.
                Last edited by 49ersfan; 01-09-2008, 08:30 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah I was really hoping we would see a break out season this year. Lets hope it was the coordinator not the personnel.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Martz says Gore will be the centerpiece. However I wont buy it until I see it since he was committed to the run last year. See how far that went and how much Kitna got hit because of it.
                    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

                    Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dude mart the fart couldn't even make it happen with the Detroit WR corps. I can't imagine him lighting it up with the dismal personell in San Fran. Does Alex Smith have anyone to throw to? Nope. Has he shown upside and/or promise? Nope. I think the niners need to take a hard look at the QB position and possibly take a QB early in the draft. I like Stocco in round 2. Good size. Not a weakling like Smith. He will be able to step in and physically deal with the weak oline and lack of receivers getting open. Just my opinion.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My condolonces go out to all 49ers fans...

                        They just don't have the people to run that system. Under Martz, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore become wasted talent. They should request a trade now.

                        Martz can say Gore will be the centerpeice all he wants, but he said the same thing about Kevin Jones in Detroit, and even when Jones was healthy he still only touched the ball 10 times a game, if Martz was being generous to him.

                        And his offense just rarely utilizes a TE for anything other then blocking the incoming rush.

                        But on the bright side Patrick Willis is sure to make the pro bowl every year, since Martz goes 3 and out so much, Willis should end in 250 tackles a season range...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          LOL. I agree

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Flacco*

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                              My condolonces go out to all 49ers fans...

                              They just don't have the people to run that system. Under Martz, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore become wasted talent. They should request a trade now.

                              Martz can say Gore will be the centerpeice all he wants, but he said the same thing about Kevin Jones in Detroit, and even when Jones was healthy he still only touched the ball 10 times a game, if Martz was being generous to him.

                              And his offense just rarely utilizes a TE for anything other then blocking the incoming rush.

                              But on the bright side Patrick Willis is sure to make the pro bowl every year, since Martz goes 3 and out so much, Willis should end in 250 tackles a season range...
                              Hahaha my condolences as well. I hate Mike Martz

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X