Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bills with Everett, Redskins with Taylor (pre-death)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills with Everett, Redskins with Taylor (pre-death)

I was trying to figure out how the Bills would react when Kevin Everett was paralyzed and his life was in limbo. I didn't know how to pick the Bills-Steelers game.

Same goes for the Redskins-Bills before Taylor died.

Unfortunately, I now know how they feel like. I've had people I know die before, but I've never had someone tell me "your friend is going to die."

That happened today... I feel as though I can post this on here because none of you know me or her personally...

A friend of mine just discovered that she has an inoperable tumor in her brain. I just found out today. Doctors don't know how long she has. Could be any day, could be months or years.

I've spent the whole evening forgetting things, wandering to random rooms in my house wondering what I was planning on doing, and just feeling helpless.

Life can suck sometimes.

I just felt like typing this... Had to do it somewhere.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Man that's crazy...how long have you known her for? College friend?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I've known her a while, she's from my neighborhood... Lives about two blocks down.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I have the ultimate respect of these players now. I'm just trying to run a site... They're preparing for an NFL game. Just mind-boggling to me.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. People seem to grieve better in numbers. I was at the skins game vs Buffalo with all of the Taylor vids and memorial stuff. I was 2nd row where the skins players run out onto the field. Seeing Chris Samuels sobbing really hit home for me. This big dude was just laying it all out with his teamates. It was hard not to get teary eyed during the ST memorial video. Most people were crying, it was surreal. I don't think the pain goes away, but if you have a network of people to be with/who support you, it should be easier.

Comment

Thanks man
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

It's really hard for me to relate, I just haven't ever really been through that kind of an experience. My grandfather died when I was I a kid (like 10 y.o.) but I didn't know him all that well (my dad tells me stories about him and stuff, he was a really really really smart person).

Anyways, my advice is to try to go to sleep, it will make you feel better. And if you can't go to sleep, then I got nothin.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                I have the ultimate respect of these players now. I'm just trying to run a site... They're preparing for an NFL game. Just mind-boggling to me.
                Yeah, I just can't imagine having one of my teammates dying (and a huge leader at that) and then having to prepare for the next game. Oh well, it made that team stronger, that's for sure.

Comment

Good advice - Tylenol PM should do the trick.

I feel though that I should honor her in some way by just continuing to work hard, trying to get a lot of money, and donating/creating some cancer research organization of some sort.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I had a teammate and neighbor who died (comitted suicide). At first it was just unbelievable and it took about a week of thinking and talking to people and crying with people to get things working straight again, and then you are forced to realize that life must go on, whether you want it to or not.

I really have no though idea how it feels to know that a close firend is dying (except that we all are sooner or later) but I know how hard things can be when life, or death, takes its toll on people.

It's hard to know what to say, or write, to people sometimes, and this is one of those times, but I've learned that just letting people know that you are there to listen, if nothing else, helps. So I guess we'll be listening through this forum if/when you need us to.

Take care!
                    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Thanks Leo, that means a lot.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Life is crazy Walter.

I just flew back from the US to start my job here on the Gold Coast, Australia. My grandma's currently sick in the very same hospital I'm working in. Today she was talking about how it wouldn't be such a bad thing for her to die now, and given her elderly and fragile condition, I had to agree with her.

This was bittersweet, when I (and she) know her life has been well lived. When it is someone with what we expected to be most of their life remaining its just bitter.

Time, family and friends.

Comment

making jokes helps, I think. maybe I'm insensitive, but my advice would be to pop in blazing saddles or anchorman.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                            making jokes helps, I think. maybe I'm insensitive, but my advice would be to pop in blazing saddles or anchorman.
                            I actually just watched Harold and Kumar for the first time.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                              Life is crazy Walter.

I just flew back from the US to start my job here on the Gold Coast, Australia. My grandma's currently sick in the very same hospital I'm working in. Today she was talking about how it wouldn't be such a bad thing for her to die now, and given her elderly and fragile condition, I had to agree with her.

This was bittersweet, when I (and she) know her life has been well lived. When it is someone with what we expected to be most of their life remaining its just bitter.

Time, family and friends.
                              Ah, I know what you're going through. Two years ago, my grandfather, whom I talked to every night on the phone, passed away from heart failure. He was almost 84.

We knew it wasn't going to end well for months because he was always in and out of the hospital.

Just know you have people to talk to on here.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X