Chad Johnson unhappy with Bengals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Johnson unhappy with Bengals!

Chad Johnson stormed the national stage Friday in an attempt to talk his way out of town and off the Cincinnati Bengals' roster.

Live from Harrah's resort in Atlantic City, the star wide receiver played the role of victim during an appearance on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" radio show.

"If I'm a cancer," Johnson said, "then as a team, we need chemo, and the problem needs to get dealt with."

Johnson, who signed a $35.5 million extension in April 2006 and is under contract with the Bengals through 2011, didn't demand a trade. But he wouldn't say he'd be returning to Cincinnati for the 2008 season.
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...svc=7&cxcat=25
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
    Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
    Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Yeah I watched that interview, but 85 has wanted a trade for a while.

One team who could trade for him is Tampa. They have a ton of future cap room and can afford to give up a first round pick for him...I think Cincinnati will demand a first and third though.

I personally don't want him because he is a head case. We dealt with Keyshawn Johnson and I don't want 85. You invest a first round pick in him then I want him on my team for a good 6-7 more years, and I just don't think his attitude will warrant any team to be able to stick with him for another 7 years.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

T.O, Randy Moss, Keyshawn, 85....What is it with all these crazy WR's?

Comment

If I was on that team I would want out too. The team needs a lot of help and maybe Chad saw the impending doom. Who knows. That team needs a lot of improvement on defense before I would be comfortable there.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I WILL TAKE CHAD JOHNSON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Anyone out there who doesn't want him has got caught up in the media. Remember when the Bengals where winning and the media praised Johnson and said it's just different when he does it.

Al of a sudden the Bengals are lossing and it's Johnson's fault. Come on people that team is full of head cases, but one of them isn't Johnson.

IMO Johnson is a stand up guy. You don't see him doing stupid off the field type of things (like the rest of his team mates). You always see him given back to the fans. On the field he gives you everything he has. How many star WR do you see go over the middle like Johnson and lay out for a ball and get hammered.

So I hope the Bunholes give up on him. I would love him in Cleveland (you know he already love the doug pond), and if we could get him for a low price the would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
            If I was on that team I would want out too. The team needs a lot of help and maybe Chad saw the impending doom. Who knows. That team needs a lot of improvement on defense before I would be comfortable there.
            Couldn't we say the same about guys like Javon Walker, Randy Moss, and Bobby Petrino?

It's an attitude issue. "I only want to play for a winning team." It's bull****. Making millions isn't enough for Chad Johnson. If he wants to win then maybe he should put out more effort and not drop so many passes like he did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Couldn't we say the same about guys like Javon Walker, Randy Moss, and Bobby Petrino?

It's an attitude issue. "I only want to play for a winning team." It's bull****. Making millions isn't enough for Chad Johnson. If he wants to win then maybe he should put out more effort and not drop so many passes like he did last year.
              I don't think that is want he was saying at all. What he was saying is there is a problem. Some people think it is me, so if it is me then get rid of me. If it's not me then find the problem fix it or get rid of it.

Comment

With them they have been at their destinations for only a year or two. Chad has been a Bengal his entire career. I would be sick of the situation if I was him. Even when they get a good offense they screw up the defense. Management cant do 2 things at once. Living in Ohio I have seen a lot more of the headlines than the nation does and I have to agree with GQ. Things go good, Chad is the greatest thing in history. Things go bad and Chad automatically becomes the bane of existance. However locally no one else takes much heat. Palmer has a 3 int game and Chad drops two balls the headlines are "Chad Drops The Ball". Palmer had a bad game while Johnson played a decent one yet Chad gets the hate and Palmer is ignored. Cant blame the guy for wanting out.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
                  I don't think that is want he was saying at all. What he was saying is there is a problem. Some people think it is me, so if it is me then get rid of me. If it's not me then find the problem fix it or get rid of it.
                  That's a very childish thing to say. A child doesn't take responsibility for their actions. Chad Johnson is an idiot, period. He just thinks it is so easy for a team to trade a player of his quality, and he doesn't asess any blame to himself for what is going on in Cincinnati.

Comment

Cant blame the guy for wanting out.
                    This guy is making millions of dollars to do his job. Not every team in the NFL is going to be a perennial winner. Produce, do your job, work hard, make your money, and be quiet.

Comment

Question Matt. What if that team doesnt want you to do that job for them anymore? It's obvious they dont want him yet at the same time they make no effort to trade him. Why should he want to be some place that doesnt want him or appriciate him. I got paid sh*t at one job but got the same treatment he did and I left. Because he is a football player he doesn't get the same courtasy to want out of a bad situation? Essentually that is what you are saying. His salary outways his happyiness and before its overwith his sanity. If they made an attemp without him coming out and saying it the situation would be different. However they didnt and he looks like the bad guy when the Bengals Organization dropped the ball.

Comment

Question Matt. What if that team doesnt want you to do that job for them anymore? It's obvious they dont want him yet at the same time they make no effort to trade him. Why should he want to be some place that doesnt want him or appriciate him. I got paid sh*t at one job but got the same treatment he did and I left. Because he is a football player he doesn't get the same courtasy to want out of a bad situation? Essentually that is what you are saying. His salary outways his happyiness and before its overwith his sanity. If they made an attemp without him coming out and saying it the situation would be different. However they didnt and he looks like the bad guy when the Bengals Organization dropped the ball.
                        That's bull****. When did Cincinnati say they didn't want Chad Johnson? He's one of the top 5 receivers in the game and they know it.

His salary doesn't outweigh his happiness. I don't buy that for a second. He wants to be happy? Then be happy and give me all his millions.

Chad Johnson created a lot of his bad situation. I don't ever hear Andre Johnson complaining. I don't hear Torry Holt complaining. List goes on and on. Chad Johnson is a child.

Comment

That's a very childish thing to say. A child doesn't take responsibility for their actions. Chad Johnson is an idiot, period. He just thinks it is so easy for a team to trade a player of his quality, and he doesn't asess any blame to himself for what is going on in Cincinnati.
                          The point is, Johnson isn't the problem, he knows it and I think the team knows it. I think he is putting presure on the front office to fix the problem because going behind close doors hasn't worked. Trust me JOHNSON ISN'T THE PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
                            The point is, Johnson isn't the problem, he knows it and I think the team knows it. I think he is putting presure on the front office to fix the problem because going behind close doors hasn't worked. Trust me JOHNSON ISN'T THE PROBLEM.
                            Neither was T.O.

Look, Cincinnati isn't purposefully losing. They are doing the best they can, but I do think they need to make a few signings in the FA market to keep up.

Comment

This guy is making millions of dollars to do his job. Not every team in the NFL is going to be a perennial winner. Produce, do your job, work hard, make your money, and be quiet.
                              First of all he does produce, he does his job, he works hard, he makes his money, and you know and I know he will never be quiet.

Again Johnson isn't the problem, that team is just disfunctional and Johnson is the least of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X