It's really good
    9.09%
    It's pretty good
    63.64%
    It's OK
    18.18%
    It sucks
    9.09%
    Last edited by 49ersfan; 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM.

I guess when you have 80 million in your DE's you need another 15

Comment

Good mock, I liked it. Only 2 issues:

1. I don't see Belichick fixing his LB need through the draft. He prefers old veterans. He'll likely sign someone and draft a CB or trade down (maybe with Dallas?)

2. The Jags love big defensive linemen. Going with someone like Derrick Harvey would go against what they do. Phillip Merling would seem like a better fit.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
        Good mock, I liked it. Only 2 issues:

1. I don't see Belichick fixing his LB need through the draft. He prefers old veterans. He'll likely sign someone and draft a CB or trade down (maybe with Dallas?)
        True, but a CB is a reach at that spot with Malcolm Jenkins staying in school. A trade is pretty likely, but I wanted to do no trades, since they are really hard to predict.

2. The Jags love big defensive linemen. Going with someone like Derrick Harvey would go against what they do. Phillip Merling would seem like a better fit.
        You're probably right, I see how Harvey slipped to the second in your mock. I'll take note of that in version 1.01
        In additon, I'm working on the second round, with a couple of picks already completed. Other rounds could happen in the future. Again, comments are graciously accepted
        Last edited by 49ersfan; 01-13-2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

you have derrick harvey twice. other than that pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
            you have derrick harvey twice. other than that pretty good.
            Ahhhh s***. I'll fix that in the next version. Since Jacksonville's pick was going to change anyway, it's not a huge deal. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

That was actually a pretty good Mock. Nice job.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Version 1.0.1

My 2008 Mock Draft (Edition 1.0.1)

1.Miami Dolphins – DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
                Miami was 32nd against the run, and a huge lane-clogging run-stuffer like Dorsey could help a lot.

2.St. Louis Rams – DE Chris Long, Virginia
                The Rams consider upgrading their offense line, but since to the deep OL class, they opt for Chris Long to improve their defense immensely.

3.Atlanta Falcons – QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
                The Falcons would have liked to grab D-Mac, but they realize that they can't be a winning football team without a solid QB. In addition, they should be able to grab a good RB (Steve Slaton, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson) at the top of the 2nd round.

4.Oakland Raiders – OT Jake Long, Michigan
                The Raiders would like to have gotten Chris Long to play across from Derrick Burgess, but their consolation prize is the “other” long, Jake Long. Long should help a team that ranked 31st throwing the football last year.

5.Kansas City – OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
                Brodie Croyle has looked good in spurts so KC will give him a chance. Is this a reach? Certainly. Are there better prospects available? Of course. But KC can't give up 55 sacks again.

6.New York Jets – RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
                I almost went with Vernon Gholston, who certainly fills a bigger need. But look what Adrian Peterson did, carrying the Vikings back to respectability. D-Mac can do the same for the Jets.

7.New England (from San Francisco) – CB Mike Jenkins, USF
                New England (and Mock Draft makers) are in a bind since the other Jenkins, Malcolm, is going back to school. The most likely scenario is that New England will trade down and stockpile picks, perhaps with Dallas. I know Jenkins is a small reach, but there's no one else to take.

8.Baltimore – QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
                I know it's a reach, but can Baltimore continue to trot out Kyle Boller and Steve McNair? Don't count out Vernon Gholston or Mike Jenkins, since Baltimore was 20th against the pass.

9.Cincinnati – LB James Laurinaitis, Ohio St.
                Cincinnati is the luckiest team in the NFL at this stage, since their dream prospect, James Laurinaitis, fell to them. Cincinnati's current linebackers have been hurt a lot and they aren't anything great to begin with. Laurinaitis is a difference maker who should be able to anchor their defense for the next ten years.

10.New Orleans – S Kenny Phillips, Miami FL
                Can anybody disagree with me when I say New Orleans secondary is one of the worst in the NFL? Jason David is only good in Tampa 2 defenses, Mike McKenzie is old, and Fred Thomas and Jason Craft are backups at best. But any cornerback would be a reach here, so the Saints go with the top safety on the board, Kenny Phillips to provide an upgrade over Josh Bullocks.

11. Buffalo – DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio St.
                Buffalo was 29th against the pass this year, so Vernon Gholston is a great upgrade along the front four. I also considered Malcolm Kelly, but Buffalo should be able to get a pretty good receiver in the 2nd round.

12. Denver – DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
                The Denver Broncos' defense sucks, plain and simple. They were ranked 31st, 31st against the run. Sedrick Ellis is a huge upgrade over who they have right now.

13.Carolina – OT Sam Baker, USC
                Carolina had Kenny Phillips snatched away, but Sam Baker fits well into their ZBS, so they can't complain.

14.Chicago – QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
                Chicago looked at an OT, but guys like Tony Hills, Anthony Collins and Godser Cherlious will be available later in the draft. I know Brohm has been slipping, but the motley crew of quarterbacks that have played for Chicago this year all suck. With this pick, Chicago finally has a starting-caliber QB.

15.Detroit – LB Dan Connor, Penn St.
                Detriot could use a replacement for Paris Lennon to team with Ernie Sims. Connor barely edged out Calasis Campbell and DeSean Jackson.

16.Arizona – DE/OLB Derrick Harvey, Florida
                Arizona's secondary is garbage, but a cornerback like Aqib Talib or local kid Antoine Cason would be a reach. Derrick Harvey should help cover-up the secondary's weaknesses, and he's an upgrade over Chike Okeafor at DE in the 4-3 or a playmaking LB in the 3-4.

17.Minnesota – WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
                DeSean is a huge upgrade over Bobby Wade and can be a great deep threat and return man. He and Sidney Rice should be a good WR tandem for many years to come.

18.Houston – CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
                Dunta Robinson is a lockdown corner, but the rest of Houston’s secondary is sub-par. Besides, everything Houston does is to beat the Colts, and the Colts have two very good receivers.

19.Philadelphia - WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
                Kevin Curtis was a good free-agent pickup, but he's more of a #2 or 3 receiver, and Reggie Brown isn't a number 1 receiver either. Malcolm Kelly is a difference maker, combining good speed and a huge frame.

20.Tampa Bay – WR Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma St.
                With all the talk about DeSean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly, as well as fast rising prospects like James Hardy and Devin Thomas, Bowman has flown under the radar. But Bowman is 6-4 and had 13 catches for [U]300[U/] yards against Kansas and Aqib Talib. A 4.4 40 should secure Bowman's chances of being a first-round pick.

21.Washington – DE Calasis Campbell, Auburn
                Washington could go in so many directions, including WR, DT, DE, and OT. A factor that made this choice a bit easier is the depth at the WR and OT positions. Remember, Phillip Daniels is 34 and Campbell would be a big upgrade there. I wouldn't be shocked to see Kentwaan Balmer or another DT here either.

22.Dallas – DB Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
                Aqib Talib didn't fall to Dallas, but they're not to upset since they still can grab Reggie Smith. Remember, Terrance Newman is already 30 and Anthony Henry is really old and better suited for safety at this point in his career.

23.Pittsburgh – OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
                Hometown boy Jeff Otah is shooting up draft boards, so Pittsburgh got lucky. Believe it or not, Pittsburgh gave up [B]47[B/] sacks this year. USC OG Chilo Rachel is also a possibility, since Alan Fanaca is most likely departing.

24.Tennessee – WR James Hardy, Indiana
                I'm not sure if a single Tennessee wide receiver deserves to be on an NFL team. I know Tennessee used three draft picks on receivers last year, but the group is still horrid. They're even (dare I say it?) worse then my niners' wide receivers.

25.New York Giants – CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
                Aaron Ross looks to be a solid NFL corner for years to come, but RW McQuarters and Sam Madison can't have much left in them and aren't that good anyway. Cason and Ross should make a formidable cornerback duo.

26.Seattle – RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
                Let me preface this by saying I have no idea how Stewart could fall this far in real life. But after Houston passed him up, Stewart began to slip. If the NFL was a hot-dog eating contest, Shawn Alexander would be the favorite for his second MVP award. But it's not, so Alexander has to go. Jonathan Stewart is the bruising runner Shawn used to be.

27.San Diego – DT Pat Sims, Auburn
                San Diego is in trouble when Jamal Williams is out of the lineup. Since Williams is aging and San Diego has zero depth upfront, a big tackle like Pat Sims is a great investment for the present and future.

28.Jacksonville – DE Phillip Merling, Clemson
                Quentin Groves is the slightly superior prospect in my opinion, but Jacksonville likes big defensive linemen. Depth is never bad and Merling can start if Paul Spicer leaves in free agency. Another first-round pick on a WR is possible, since the Jaguars receivers aren't anything special.

29.Green Bay – CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy
                I know he is a little bit of a reach, but Green Bay doesn't have many needs, and both of Green Bay's starting cornerbacks are over 30. McKelvin is a shutdown corner and a good return man, which reminds me of a current Green Bay CB.

30.Dallas – RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
                Dallas can thank the teams that passed on Jonathan Stewart and allowed him to fall to Seattle for this pick, because Seattle would have snapped up Mendenhall. Dallas likes having a 1-2 punch in the backfield, and Mendenhall is a very good replacement for Julius Jones. A WR is a possibility, since TO and Terry Glenn are getting up there in years and Patrick Crayton is more of a #2 or #3 receiver.

31.San Francisco – DE/OLB Quentin Groves, Auburn
                SF's pass rush wasn't that great this year, and with Bryant Young retiring, is not going to get any better. Groves is a playmaker who can make an impact from the OLB and DE positions, and take pressure off Bryant Young's replacement.

Any comments, feedback, questions, criticism, or anything else is accepted.

Comment

I agree that Clady for KC is a reach, but part of the reason why KC gave up so many sacks is due to losing 2 great running backs. I see them going for McFaddens in that case. They're too accustomed to having that exciting RB.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                    I agree that Clady for KC is a reach, but part of the reason why KC gave up so many sacks is due to losing 2 great running backs. I see them going for McFaddens in that case. They're too accustomed to having that exciting RB.
                    KC has Larry Johnson, the highest payed RB per year. They're not going to draft Darren McFadden. Besides, would you really want to draft D-Mac considering how dumb he's looked lately. Working on round 2 right now.

Comment

The next update will be after the conference championships so I know the draft order.

Comment

The Falcons would have liked to grab D-Mac, but they realize that they can't be a winning football team without a solid QB. In addition, they should be able to grab a good RB (Steve Slaton, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson) at the top of the 2nd round.
                        I love how you listed 3 RB's who fit exactly what Norwood is right now. aka, somehting we don't need. Also, Ryan isn't worth the #3 pick in any way shape of form, and while yes, QB is a need, we will nto draft straight need. we will go the bpa out of the guys in the draft who fit any of our needs and the schemes we will run. so in this case OT Jake Long is the best pick.

Founder of ScarDraft
                        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Think it is a very good mock draft. I am rooting against you since I do not want Brohm to go to Chicago and would like to see Woodson but only time will tell
                          Check out my new site Today!
                          Live 4 The Story

Comment

I'm about half way done with the second round, it should be up by tomorrow.

Comment

New mock draft:

My 2008 Mock Draft (Edition 2.0)
                              ROUND 1
                              1.Miami Dolphins – DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
                              Miami was 32nd against the run, and a huge lane-clogging run-stuffer like Dorsey could help a lot. I know Parcells may want Chris Long, but I still think Glenn Dorsey is the best pick for now.

2.St. Louis Rams – DE Chris Long, Virginia
                              The Rams consider upgrading their offense line, but since to the deep OL class, they opt for Chris Long to improve their defense immensely.

The Falcons would have liked to grab D-Mac, but they realize that they can't be a winning football team without a solid QB. In addition, they should be able to grab a good power RB like Matt Forte or Ray Rice later in the draft.

4.Oakland Raiders – OT Jake Long, Michigan
                              The Raiders would like to have gotten Chris Long to play across from Derrick Burgess, but their consolation prize is the “other” long, Jake Long. Long should help a team that ranked 31st throwing the football last year.

5.Kansas City – OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
                              Brodie Croyle has looked good in spurts so KC will give him a chance. Is this a reach? Certainly. Are there better prospects available? Of course. But KC can't give up 55 sacks again.

6.New York Jets – RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
                              I almost went with Vernon Gholston, who certainly fills a bigger need. But look what Adrian Peterson did, carrying the Vikings back to respectability. D-Mac can do the same for the Jets.

7.New England (from San Francisco) – CB Mike Jenkins, USF
                              New England (and Mock Draft makers) are in a bind since the other Jenkins, Malcolm, is going back to school. The most likely scenario is that New England will trade down and stockpile picks, perhaps with Dallas. I know Jenkins is a small reach, but there's no one else to take unless some one shoots up draft boards.

8.Baltimore – QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
                              I know it's a reach, but can Baltimore continue to trot out Kyle Boller and Steve McNair? Don't count out Vernon Gholston or Mike Jenkins, since Baltimore was 20th against the pass.

9.Cincinnati – LB Keith Rivers, USC
                              Cincinnati's current linebackers are plagued with injury woes, which prompted the Bengals to sign guys off the street. In addition, even when their linebackers are healthy, none of them are that good anyway. I believe Keith Rivers is as good as Patrick Willis a year ago, and I believe he could make the type of impact that Willis made for the niners.

10.New Orleans – S Kenny Phillips, Miami FL
                              Can anybody disagree with me when I say New Orleans secondary is one of the worst in the NFL? Jason David is only good in Tampa 2 defenses, Mike McKenzie is old, and Fred Thomas and Jason Craft are backups at best. But any cornerback would be a reach here, so the Saints go with the top safety on the board, Kenny Phillips to provide an upgrade over Josh Bullocks.

11. Buffalo – DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio St.
                              Buffalo was 29th against the pass this year, so Vernon Gholston is a great upgrade along the front four. I also considered Malcolm Kelly, but Buffalo should be able to get a pretty good receiver in the 2nd round.

12. Denver – DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
                              The Denver Broncos' defense sucks, plain and simple. They were ranked 31st, 31st against the run. Sedrick Ellis is a huge upgrade over who they have right now.

13.Carolina – OT Sam Baker, USC
                              Carolina had Kenny Phillips snatched away, but Sam Baker fits well into their ZBS, so they can't complain. BTW, did any one see he's fifth in NFLDC's rankings.

14.Chicago – QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
                              Chicago looked at an OT, but guys like Tony Hills, Anthony Collins and Godser Cherlious will be available later in the draft. I know Brohm has been slipping, but the motley crew of quarterbacks that have played for Chicago this year all suck. With this pick, Chicago finally has a starting-caliber QB.

15.Detroit – LB Dan Connor, Penn St.
                              Detriot could use a replacement for Paris Lennon to team with Ernie Sims. Connor barely edged out Calasis Campbell and DeSean Jackson.

16.Arizona – DE/OLB Derrick Harvey, Florida
                              Arizona's secondary is garbage, but a cornerback like Aqib Talib or local kid Antoine Cason would be a reach. Derrick Harvey should help cover-up the secondary's weaknesses, and he's an upgrade over Chike Okeafor at DE in the 4-3 or a playmaking LB in the 3-4.

17.Minnesota – WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
                              DeSean is a huge upgrade over Bobby Wade and can be a great deep threat and return man. He and Sidney Rice should be a good WR tandem for many years to come.

18.Houston – CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
                              Dunta Robinson is a lockdown corner, but the rest of Houston’s secondary is sub-par. Besides, everything Houston does is to beat the Colts, and the Colts have two very good receivers.

19.Philadelphia - WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
                              Kevin Curtis was a good free-agent pickup, but he's more of a #2 or 3 receiver, and Reggie Brown isn't a number 1 receiver either. Malcolm Kelly is a difference maker, combining good speed and a huge frame.

20.Tampa Bay – WR Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma St.
                              With all the talk about DeSean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly, as well as fast rising prospects like James Hardy and Devin Thomas, Bowman has flown under the radar. But Bowman is 6-4 and had 13 catches for [U]300[U/] yards against Kansas and Aqib Talib. A 4.4 40 should secure Bowman's chances of being a first-round pick.

21.Washington – DE Calasis Campbell, Auburn
                              Washington could go in so many directions, including WR, DT, DE, and OT. A factor that made this choice a bit easier is the depth at the WR and OT positions. Remember, Phillip Daniels is 34 and Campbell would be a big upgrade there. I wouldn't be shocked to see Kentwan Balmer or another DT here either.

22.Dallas – DB Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
                              Aqib Talib didn't fall to Dallas, but they're not to upset since they still can grab Reggie Smith. Remember, Terrance Newman is already 30 and Anthony Henry is really old and better suited for safety at this point in his career.

23.Pittsburgh – OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
                              Hometown boy Jeff Otah is shooting up draft boards, so Pittsburgh got lucky. Believe it or not, Pittsburgh gave up 47 sacks this year. USC OG Chilo Rachel is also a possibility, since Alan Fanaca is most likely departing.

24.Tennessee – WR James Hardy, Indiana
                              I'm not sure if a single Tennessee wide receiver deserves to be on an NFL team. I know Tennessee used three draft picks on receivers last year, but the group is still horrid. They're even (dare I say it?) worse then my niners' wide receivers.

25.New York Giants – CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
                              Aaron Ross looks to be a solid NFL corner for years to come, but RW McQuarters and Sam Madison can't have much left in them and aren't that good anyway. Cason and Ross should make a formidable cornerback duo.

26.Seattle – RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
                              Let me preface this by saying I have no idea how Stewart could fall this far in real life. But after Houston passed him up, Stewart began to slip. If the NFL was a hot-dog eating contest, Shawn Alexander would be the favorite for his second MVP award. But it's not, so Alexander has to go. Jonathan Stewart is the bruising runner Shawn used to be.

27.San Diego – DT Pat Sims, Auburn
                              San Diego is in trouble when Jamal Williams is out of the lineup. Since Williams is aging and San Diego has zero depth upfront, a big tackle like Pat Sims is a great investment for the present and future.

28.Jacksonville – DE Phillip Merling, Clemson
                              Quentin Groves is the slightly superior prospect in my opinion, but Jacksonville likes big defensive linemen. Depth is never bad and Merling can start if Paul Spicer leaves in free agency. Another first-round pick on a WR is possible, since the Jaguars receivers aren't anything special.

29.San Francisco – DE/OLB Quentin Groves, Auburn
                              SF's pass rush wasn't that great this year, and with Bryant Young retiring, is not going to get any better. Groves is a playmaker who can make an impact from the OLB and DE positions, and take pressure off Bryant Young's replacement.

30.Dallas – RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
                              Dallas can thank the teams that passed on Jonathan Stewart and allowed him to fall to Seattle for this pick, because Seattle would have snapped up Mendenhall. Dallas likes having a 1-2 punch in the backfield, and Mendenhall is a very good replacement for Julius Jones. A WR is a possibility, since TO and Terry Glenn are getting up there in years and Patrick Crayton is more of a #2 or #3 receiver.

31.Green Bay – CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy
                              I know he is a little bit of a reach, but Green Bay doesn't have many needs, and both of Green Bay's starting cornerbacks are over 30. McKelvin is a shutdown corner and a good return man, which reminds me of a current Green Bay CB.

ROUND 2

1.Miami – CB Tracy Porter, Indiana
                              Anytime mediocre quarterbacks like Sage Rosenfels (by the way, did you know he was named when his parents flipped to S instead of R in the dictionary?) are beating up on your secondary, you need help. Miami could also pick a WR, OT, DE, OLB, the list goes on and on.

2.St. Louis – OLB Erin Henderson, Maryland
                              Pisa Tinoisamoa isn't the worst linebacker out there, but he's not great and is injury-prone to boot. Erin Henderson, who could get into the first round with good workouts, would be a big upgrade at this juncture.

3.Oakland – DE Lawrence Jackson, USC
                              Oakland didn't get Chris Long, but that's OK because Lawrence Jackson is a damn good DE himself. Jackson and Derrick Burgess should torment quarterbacks for the next couple of years.

4.Kansas City – CB Terrell Thomas, USC
                              Neither Patrick Surtain nor Ty Law will be around for many years longer, since they're both over 30. In my opinion Tracy Porter is a slightly better prospect, but Terrell Thomas should still be a good starter for KC.

5.New York Jets – DL Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina
                              New York was 29th against the run this season, giving up over 130 per game. An athletic lineman like Balmer, who is a steal here, can only improve their d-line. If Jonathan Vilma is traded, ILB Jerod Mayo could be picked here. Make no mistake, Balmer is a fast-rising prospect who could go in the top 15 by draft day.

6.Atlanta – OT Chris Williams, Vandy
                              Chris Williams has been rising up draft boards, and Atlanta could use an upgrade at tackle. Chris Williams is an absolute beast who probably would make it into the first round in any other draft.

7.Baltimore – CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
                              Chris McAllister and Samari Rolle have fallen apart this year, and they're both on the wrong side of 30. Ikegwuonu is a fine replacement and should be able to start in the next couple years.

8.San Francisco – OG Chilo Rachel, USC
                              San Francisco gave up 55 sacks this year, tied with Kansas City for the most in the NFL. No matter how little talent you have at other positions, you need a good offensive line. Larry Allen is probably going to retire and Justin Smiley is most likely going to leave in free agency. Rachel is the best guard in the draft and should help SF's line.

9.New Orleans – MLB Jerod Mayo, Tennessee
                              New Orleans' defense is obviously their weak spot. Brian Simmonds and Mark Siminou aren't the best linebackers. Jerod Mayo is a top MLB prospect and should be a good upgrade.

10.Buffalo – WR Devin Thomas, Michigan St.
                              I'm not a huge fan of Thomas' but the fact is, he has pretty good size and an OK 40. Roscoe Parrish is more of a slot receiver, and Peerless Price is more suited to being a 3rd or 4th receiver at this point in his career.

11.Denver – DE Lawrence Jackson, USC
                              Lawrence Jackson is a first-round talent, but he falls thanks to a plethora of good defensive ends in the draft. I know that's two picks on the d-line, but their current D-line sucks. They would have liked a safety, but this class of safeties is really weak.

12.Carolina – OLB Xaiver Adabi, Virginia Tech
                              Carolina's linebackers besides Jon Beason aren't that great. I know Carolina has bigger needs, but why not take advantage of the depth of talent available at the OLB position.

13.Chicago – OT Godser Cherilus, Boston College
                              As I mentioned earlier, John Tait and Fred Miller are really old, and Cherilus is a massive tackle who can be a pro-bowler at the next level. I could also see a running back, since Cedric Benson looks like a bust.

14. Detroit – RB Felix Jones, Arkansas
                              Felix Jones is a steal here, but he falls because of the depth of running backs. Since Mike Martz is gone, the lions will have a real offense and will therefore need a real running back.

15.Cincinnati – DT Frank Okam, Texas
                              John Thornton has seen his best days pass him by, and even if Demata Peko works out, he'll need a companion. Okam is a big run-stopper, but he also can rush the passer a bit.

16.Minnesota – DE Chris Ellis, Virginia Tech
                              Ray Edwards has problems with the law, and Keniche Udeze and Erasmus James are meh. I know he's not the DE named Chris from Virginia we're used to hearing about, but he's pretty good himself.

17.Atlanta – OLB Ali Highsmith, LSU
                              Demorrio Williams can't play OLB at all, do you think he could cover my grandmother? I don't think so. Highsmith, like many other prospects, could be a first round pick in most drafts, so Atlanta gets a steal.

18.Philadelphia – OT Carl Nicks, Nebraska
                              Winston Justice will have to face Osi Uminura twice a year, and we all know what happened last time. Carl Nicks should be able to do a bit better (seriously, can you do any worse).

19.Arizona – RB Ray Rice, Rutgers
                              Edge has a lot of mileage on him and he may end up like Eddie George. Ray Rice can take over as Arizona's feature back. A cornerback like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or Brandon Flowers is a possibility here as well.

20.Washington – WR Early Doucet, LSU
                              Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El stunk it up this year and Brandon Lloyd is just plain horrible. Early Doucet is a good slot receiver to team with Randle El and Moss.

21.Tampa Bay – CB Brandon Flowers, Virginia Tech
                              Brian Kelly is old and wants to traded, and Ronde Barber can't have much left. Brandon Flowers can be a good replacement.

22.Pittsburgh – OG Roy Schuening, Oregon St.
                              Alan Fanaca is going to leave in free agency, so Schuening, the top senior guard, can replace him.

23.Tennessee – WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
                              VY has no offensive weapons, and the team won't take the next step until he gets some.

24.Seattle – TE Fred Davis, USC
                              Jerremy Stevens sucks, but so does Marcus Pollard. The Seahawks are lucky the top tight end in the draft, Fred Davis, fell to them.

25.New York Giants – WR Earl Bennett, Vandy
                              Amani Toomer is probably on his way out, and receiver depth is never bad.

26.Cleveland – WR DJ Hall, Alabama
                              Braylon Edwards is a stud, and Jerivicious isn't that bad, but Cleveland has no receiver depth.

27.Miami – OLB Ezra Butler, Nevada
                              Ezra Butler had 6 sacks in 06 and 5.5 the year before that. Joey Porter is very old and needs to replaced sooner rather then later.

28.Jacksonville – WR Donnie Avery, Houston
                              All Jacksonville has are mediocre possession receivers, so Donny Avery can be their deep-threat.

29.Indianapolis – OG/OT Heath Benedict, Newberry
                              Indianapolis could lose both of it's guards in free agency, so replacing them is a high priority.

30.Dallas – WR Jaison Williams, Oregon
                              Dallas was thinking receiver in the first before they went with a running back. Lots of receivers were picked, but lucky for them, Jaison Williams was still available, lucky for them.

31.Green Bay – DE Titus Brown, Mississippi St.
                              Some depth isn't a bad thing, and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is getting up there in years.

32.New England – MLB Curtis Lofton, Oklahoma
                              I know Belichek doesn't draft linebackers early, but what other needs do they have?

Any comments, feedback, questions, criticism, or anything else is accepted.
                              Last edited by 49ersfan; 01-20-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X