Bwest's Mock Draft - First of the year - Took a different approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwest's Mock Draft - First of the year - Took a different approach

1 Miami Glenn Dorsey DT LSU - Total package, i doubt miami passes on him.

2 St. Louis Chris Long DE Virginia - The rams lack a pass rush, this should help

3 Atlanta Matt Ryan QB Boston College - Mike Vick is in jail, Joey/Leftwich is not the answer in ATL.

4 Oakland Jake Long, T, Michigan - Protect Jamarcus Russell, Re-sign Fargas, Mcfadden is not the answer for Oakland. Fact is Oakland will have a top 10 pick again next year they will then address there RB needs. They can also take a shot in the second round.

5 Kansas City - Ryan Clady, T, Boise State - You have a running back that gets the most carries in the league...can you please re-build your line?

6 NY Jets - Veron Gholston, DE, Ohio State - They need a pass-rush, Veron Gholston will provide that.

7 New England - Mike Jenkins, CB, USF - With Samuel testing the market NE will have no problem picking up Mike Jenkins.

8 Baltimore - Keith Rivers, LB, USC - There Defense is getting old and slow, why not pick up a stud LB?

9 Cincinnati - Darren McFadden - Cincinnati needs a running-game period. In the NFL you can't be one dimensional and Rudi Johnson is not the answer. With Chad Johnson most likely leaving they will need to run the ball a lot more to open the pass for T.J/Henry. ( I don’t think T.J is ready to be number wr)

10 New Orleans - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas - They need help, Jason David needs to get cut. This is probably one of my hardest picks...where do you honestly start, this team needs a lot help..

11 Buffalo - Sedrick Ellis, DE, USC - There not getting enough production from the DE spot.

12 Denver - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami - Lynch is getting old, its time to re-build, why not start with this stud?( i hope they dont pick him up lol come phily baby)

13 Carolina - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville - Carolina needs help, they need someone with a good arm to get Steve Smith the ball. I think delhomma has had enough chances, im telling you Steve smith is praying they draft a QB.

14 Chicago - Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky - Rex Grossman?

15 Detroit - Sam Baker, T, USC - Kitna was on his back all year. Give him time to get the ball to his playmakers.

16 Arizona - Dan Conor, LB, Penn State - They may lose Dansby to free-agency, even if they don't i still think they need help at the LB spot.

17 Minnesota - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida - They need a S and a QB, none of these positions can be addressed in the first round. There is to much value here to pass up. ( i actually see Mini trading up this year)

18 Houston Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - Beast mode x2, Houston would love to get this guy.

19 Philadelphia - Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn - Jevon Kearse is getting cut, Jaqua thomas proivides great depth but he is not the answer as a full-time starter. (this pick may change if they Sign a Big Name DE in free agency)

20 Tampa Bay - Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma - This pick was challenging they need a WR almost as bad as they need a CB.

21 Washington - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn - They lack constant Pressure in there front four.

22 Seattle - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois - Sean Alexander is garbage, Mendenhall is there future.

23 Dallas - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - They need help, there secondary is awful.

24 Pittsburgh - Jeff Otah, T, Pittsburgh - This is another team that i was not sure about, can anyone think of anything better?

25 Tennessee - Desean Jackson, WR, California - They need play-makers.

26 NY Giants - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas - They need a RB, Jacobs is not the answer.

27 San Diego - Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina - he will fit great in there 3-4 scheme that SD runs.

28 Jacksonville - Erin Henderson , LB, Maryland - They need help at the LB position, Mike Peterson has missed too many games. They have a couple of options here they can pick up Henderson who is perfect for there cover 2 defense or draft Rey Maualuga who is another great option.

29 Green Bay - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy State -Like Walter said in his mock, there coners are on the wrong side of 30. Another good option here would be Terrell Thomas S/cb.

30 Dallas - Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State - They need a WR, Cryton will be gone, Glenn is injury prone, It wont be long before T.O starts crying...

31 San Francisco - Michael Oher OG Ole Miss - With larry allen is Retireing they will need to patch up there line for the future. James Hardy is a great second option.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Feel free to bash/add input .
    Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Aqib Talib to high

Let's move a DT to DE and since we have 80 million in our DE lets put another 15 in them, yay!

Not a fan of Adarius Bowman in the 1st

Comment

I don't think Al Davis will pass on McFadden. I'm not saying Long isn't a better pick because I think it is, but I just think the end result will be Davis drafting McFadden (if he files his paperwork in time lol)

Balmer isn't a great fit in the 3-4, although you will read elsewhere he is...that is basing it on his size. He has trouble when double teamed and is more of a pass rusher than run stopper.

Good mock though bwest...I like a lot of picks they fit really well (sims-redskins i.e.)
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
        Aqib Talib to high

Let's move a DT to DE and since we have 80 million in our DE lets put another 15 in them, yay!

Not a fan of Adarius Bowman in the 1st
        ya with Malcom Jenkins staying in school it really opens the door for guys like Talib, but you are probably right.

Ellis is a DT, i meant to put DT lol it wont let me edit, Its supposed to read "11 Buffalo - Sedrick Ellis, DE, USC - There not getting enough production from there D-line."

ya i dunno i really like Bowman, he does need a good combine tho if he wants to go in round 1.
        Last edited by bwest36; 01-13-2008, 11:18 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          I don't think Al Davis will pass on McFadden. I'm not saying Long isn't a better pick because I think it is, but I just think the end result will be Davis drafting McFadden (if he files his paperwork in time lol)

Balmer isn't a great fit in the 3-4, although you will read elsewhere he is...that is basing it on his size. He has trouble when double teamed and is more of a pass rusher than run stopper.

Good mock though bwest...I like a lot of picks they fit really well (sims-redskins i.e.)
          hey matt if Oakland does pass-up on him where do you think he will land?

Ya i was having a tough time between Balmer, granger and Okam

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think the best pick the Raiders could make is Sedrick Ellis if Dorsey is off the board. But it won't happen because Al Davis is stubburn and loves athletes.

Granted, they have no weapons on offense, I understand the logic in taking McFadden but I think Ellis is a better player than McFadden.

Comment

I still don't think they draft a DT in the 1st round only to see him split time with McCargo and Tripplet at the 3. McCargo might move to 1 but Williams is thier. If ee draft a DT it will be later on, we need a stater not someone who will split time.

Comment

At first i had Bufflo drafting Conor with Arizona drafting Ellis, then i switched it up.

sigpic

Comment

^ I think Conor or a WR would be the pick, though they still might take Ellis I wouldn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
                    hey matt if Oakland does pass-up on him where do you think he will land?
                    Jets will consider him but they have too many needs to take a running back in my opinion.

New England...meh they are picking at a spot now where they are getting adequate value for guys like Laurinaitis, Jenkins/McKelvin, Phillips.

In a few of my mocks last year a few of my friends called me an absolute idiot for having Brady Quinn go to Jacksonville at #17 overall...look how that turned out.

Anyways, if Oakland doesn't take McFadden, he could very well fall to the Broncos at #12. A team like Chicago or Houston might try to trade up for him at 10 or 11.

Comment

I was thinking about the broncos, i don't see the jets getting him either.

sigpic

Comment

Guys, it's obvious, the Bengals would pick him at #9. It's not like DD Dorsey, Rudi Johnson, Kenny Watson, and Chris Perry are enough at RB. Cinci would be the envy of the league with their five-headed monster at running back. Seriously, I could see him dropping to the Broncos if they get really lucky, but what's the chances of Oakland, New York and Atlanta all passing on him.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                          Seriously, I could see him dropping to the Broncos if they get really lucky, but what's the chances of Oakland, New York and Atlanta all passing on him.
                          I already made my point how I don't see Oakland passing on McFadden since Al Davis loves athletes. But if he gets a brain then I think they will take Sedrick Ellis. If Dorsey is there (and he could very well be) then he is an idiot to pass on him.

The Jets could very well pass on McFadden as well. Their defense is dreadful, and I think they are going to fall in love with Vernon Gholston, or if they are lucky Chris Long falls in their laps and they can't pass on him.

I don't think there is any shot Atlanta takes McFadden. They can get a good runningback in the mid rounds with this impressive RB class. Also, just to put a warning out there but they might end up taking Sedrick Ellis. If the head coach isn't sold on one of the Big 3 they could pull a Cam Cameron and draft a QB in round 2 or 3.

It is important to have a very open mind on Draft Day so nothing surprises you if you want to be very good at projecting the NFL Draft. I learned a few big lessons last year, I thought every pick in my mock was a lock (Okoye-Atlanta...Revis-Houston...etc.). Now I am going to evaluate every possible pick and anticipate the "shocker" pick.

Comment

If ATL passes on him i would not be shocked at all, Jets have to much money wrapped into there RB spot and there Defense blows.

sigpic

Comment

After Walter releases my new mock draft later this weekend (I'm waiting for all the underclassmen to declare to update my mock) then I will tell you in the forum who I would take if I was the GM of every team picking in the top 10. It is very different from my actuall mock since I am projecting/predicting what each team will do based on history, tendencies, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X