Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    L O L as much as I looooove the Bengals pick I can't see it happening. Very Interesting draft.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    for the steelers i go with gosder cherilus. otah is way to slow.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I agree with Guapo. Their defense while they played good in the playoffs, needs more young talent.

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    I would be shocked if the Giants draft a running back in the first round. They have gotten a lot of production from that position this year and Bradshaw looks really good. Unless they really like a WR and I think they will go defense.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Redman is not better than Harrington. He was just a better fit in Petrino's offense and knew the system from college.

So many Louisville QB busts over the years because of Petrino's system: Redman, Dave Ragone, Stefan Lefors. I think I am forgetting someone.

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    3 Atlanta Matt Ryan QB Boston College - Mike Vick is in jail, Joey/Leftwich is not the answer in ATL.
    funny cause Redman is the starter, not them. and it's looking liek those 2 will get cut. as of right, now, YES, QB is a need, but the best value guy is at OT in Jake Long. we would get Long. Also, in the 2nd at HOU's pick we can get a guy like Joe Flacco to be our franchise QB.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Smith
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    Guys, it's obvious, the Bengals would pick him at #9. It's not like DD Dorsey, Rudi Johnson, Kenny Watson, and Chris Perry are enough at RB. Cinci would be the envy of the league with their five-headed monster at running back. Seriously, I could see him dropping to the Broncos if they get really lucky, but what's the chances of Oakland, New York and Atlanta all passing on him.
    Your also forgetting about 2007 second round pick Kenny Irons. Personally i think Cincinnatti would be better off finding someone to fill the void left by Eric Stienbach's departure then trying to replace their 800 RB"s that have proven capable of rushing for 100 yards a game...

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Seems like a Jets kind of pick if you ask me:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    After Walter releases my new mock draft later this weekend (I'm waiting for all the underclassmen to declare to update my mock) then I will tell you in the forum who I would take if I was the GM of every team picking in the top 10. It is very different from my actuall mock since I am projecting/predicting what each team will do based on history, tendencies, etc.
    Great I know you will have the Jets drafting some TE like John Carlson or Fred Davis at pick #6.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    After Walter releases my new mock draft later this weekend (I'm waiting for all the underclassmen to declare to update my mock) then I will tell you in the forum who I would take if I was the GM of every team picking in the top 10. It is very different from my actuall mock since I am projecting/predicting what each team will do based on history, tendencies, etc.

Leave a comment:

• bwest36
    replied
    If ATL passes on him i would not be shocked at all, Jets have to much money wrapped into there RB spot and there Defense blows.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    Seriously, I could see him dropping to the Broncos if they get really lucky, but what's the chances of Oakland, New York and Atlanta all passing on him.
    I already made my point how I don't see Oakland passing on McFadden since Al Davis loves athletes. But if he gets a brain then I think they will take Sedrick Ellis. If Dorsey is there (and he could very well be) then he is an idiot to pass on him.

The Jets could very well pass on McFadden as well. Their defense is dreadful, and I think they are going to fall in love with Vernon Gholston, or if they are lucky Chris Long falls in their laps and they can't pass on him.

I don't think there is any shot Atlanta takes McFadden. They can get a good runningback in the mid rounds with this impressive RB class. Also, just to put a warning out there but they might end up taking Sedrick Ellis. If the head coach isn't sold on one of the Big 3 they could pull a Cam Cameron and draft a QB in round 2 or 3.

It is important to have a very open mind on Draft Day so nothing surprises you if you want to be very good at projecting the NFL Draft. I learned a few big lessons last year, I thought every pick in my mock was a lock (Okoye-Atlanta...Revis-Houston...etc.). Now I am going to evaluate every possible pick and anticipate the "shocker" pick.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Guys, it's obvious, the Bengals would pick him at #9. It's not like DD Dorsey, Rudi Johnson, Kenny Watson, and Chris Perry are enough at RB. Cinci would be the envy of the league with their five-headed monster at running back. Seriously, I could see him dropping to the Broncos if they get really lucky, but what's the chances of Oakland, New York and Atlanta all passing on him.

Leave a comment:

• bwest36
    replied
    I was thinking about the broncos, i don't see the jets getting him either.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
    hey matt if Oakland does pass-up on him where do you think he will land?
    Jets will consider him but they have too many needs to take a running back in my opinion.

New England...meh they are picking at a spot now where they are getting adequate value for guys like Laurinaitis, Jenkins/McKelvin, Phillips.

In a few of my mocks last year a few of my friends called me an absolute idiot for having Brady Quinn go to Jacksonville at #17 overall...look how that turned out.

Anyways, if Oakland doesn't take McFadden, he could very well fall to the Broncos at #12. A team like Chicago or Houston might try to trade up for him at 10 or 11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X