Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Werder: Baltimore offers Garret HC position

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197523

Sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has been offered the Baltimore Ravens coaching position.

Garrett has not made a decision yet.

The Ravens are seeking a successor for Brian Billick, who was fired after the regular season.

Garrett, who arrived at the Ravens' training complex for the second interview on Tuesday morning, was the first candidate to have call-back sessions with the Ravens and Falcons.

Garrett, 41, is a veteran of three seasons as an NFL assistant. He was hired by the Cowboys as offensive coordinator in 2007, after two seasons on the Miami Dolphins' staff. In 2007, he presided over a unit that statistically ranked No. 3 in the league, but struggled in the final month of the year and in Sunday's playoff loss.

A former Princeton quarterback, Garrett played 12 seasons in the NFL as a backup, serving stints with Dallas (1993-99), the Giants (2000-03), Tampa Bay (2004), and Miami (2004). He also played in the World League (1991) and in the CFL (1991).

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I think Garrett could turn around the Ravens. I think he could turn around the Falcons too. Great choice if he accepts.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Ravens are the best coaching job available in my opinion. A lot of untapped talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Garret would be able to get his QB in the Draft. You just can't go wrong with the Big 3 in this draft.

Comment

If he would wait til later rounds he would have nice picks of QB's. But I doubt he would do that with Ryan, Woodson, and Brohm I wouldn't pass on that and replace a few members of the very old line then you have a hell of an offensive setup.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

They already drafted Jared Gaither to take over for Ogden...their OL is all about set if he turns out well. He played good in preseason and the coaching staff loves his talent.

Long ways to go for him though...he had a horrible attitude and work ethic at Maryland...questionable intellgience level this all dropped him in Supplemental draft.

A top 5 talent with a 7th round character.

Comment

yea, character wouldnt drop you in most drafts but the last 2 years and future drafts are cracking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              yea, character wouldnt drop you in most drafts but the last 2 years and future drafts are cracking down.
              Yup...teams are starting to learn from their mistakes and a big reason is because they are investing more and more money into their scouting departments...you don't want to make mistakes when you put millions into your craft and millions into your roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Ravens are the best coaching job available in my opinion. A lot of untapped talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Garret would be able to get his QB in the Draft. You just can't go wrong with the Big 3 in this draft.
                That is if Dungy doesn't retire which I suspect he will. Ravens have a lot of money invested in some old defensive players. Ray Ray is closing in on retirement, and by the time he does McAllister will be on the decline and so will Rolle. They also have some nice pieces of the puzzle in place though with Ivy, Suggs, Reed, Ngata, and Landry. They could be a playoff team easily in an easier division, and possibly in the AFC North.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  That is if Dungy doesn't retire which I suspect he will. Ravens have a lot of money invested in some old defensive players. Ray Ray is closing in on retirement, and by the time he does McAllister will be on the decline and so will Rolle. They also have some nice pieces of the puzzle in place though with Ivy, Suggs, Reed, Ngata, and Landry. They could be a playoff team easily in an easier division, and possibly in the AFC North.
                  I firmly believe the Ravens would have been a wild card team last season if they had a good quarterback. Not necessarilly a great one, but one that could make big throws and not turn the ball over (easier said than done).

Comment

Uh, Ravens were the two seed last year Matt.

Comment

Jerry Jones might not let it happen
                      Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        Uh, Ravens were the two seed last year Matt.
                        "Last year" "This year" It's all the same when talking about the 2007 regular season and teams not in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                        X