Underclassmen deadline thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underclassmen deadline thread

DeSean Jackson is set to announce his deicsion via conference call in 37 minutes (1:00 PST).

Where are these Sooner players at? Duke Robinson, Reggie Smith, Phillip Loadholt, and LSU G Herman Johnson yetn. to make a decision.

Other than Loadholt I feel it would be the smart decision that they all enter the Draft.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I don't see how DeSean doesn't committ to this draft.

Comment

DeSean Jackson leaves Cal for the NFL...and we all can't wait for that combine 40 time.

Can you imagine the hype Ginn would have brought to the combine if he was healthy?

Comment

Reggie Smith just declared.

Comment

Well, from what I've read (and the very little I've seen of Jackson), forget speed, Jackson is a much better prospect than Ginn. However he probably won't go as high, largely because Ginn should have gone near the bottom of the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
            Well, from what I've read (and the very little I've seen of Jackson), forget speed, Jackson is a much better prospect than Ginn. However he probably won't go as high, largely because Ginn should have gone near the bottom of the 1st.
            i like the New England possibility for jackson. sounds like fun, anyway, without LB Laurinaitis.

Comment

I dunno Starqb14, with the cost of resigning Randy Moss, I get a feeling the pats won't be looking to splurge on another WR, because if they do take Jackson, it'd be at least a 40-45mil 5-6 year contract.

I think they'll go with a defensive pick. Brady to Jackson would be cool though.

Comment

http://www.walterfootball.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1916
                check out my new thread

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                  I dunno Starqb14, with the cost of resigning Randy Moss, I get a feeling the pats won't be looking to splurge on another WR, because if they do take Jackson, it'd be at least a 40-45mil 5-6 year contract.

I think they'll go with a defensive pick. Brady to Jackson would be cool though.
                  yeah. it's all speculation at this point, and the thing with the pats is they really don't care what other people say.
                  maybe they'd reach for the massive and powerful malcolm kelly, allowing him time to develop into a TO type.
                  defense is probably smarter though.

Comment

#7 overall is a big reach for Kelly...the only way the Pats would draft DeSean is because they are losing Stallworth to free agency.

I'd say there is a 10% chance the Pats draft DeSean Jackson. Jimmy made a great point, they are going to have to give Randy Moss a good deal. He doesn't want to get a small contract and he doesn't deserve a small contract.

I think some really good WR will be there for them at the end of round 3. Steve Johnson would be one hell of a draft pick for them and he fits their system perfectly...I think he is going to be deadly in the NFL as a #3 WR.

They will in all likelhood address their defensive needs or even an OT like Oher or Clady because while Kazcur did play good he could easily be upgraded with their pick.

Just imagine how stacked the Pats would be if they didn't lose their draft pick due to spygate. Their team would be absolutely loaded.

Comment

Looks like Oklahoma OL Duke Robinson and Phillip Loadholt have decided to stay in school...I would assume if htey were entering the draft that they would have announced it by now.

The 2009 Draft looks absolutely loaded, I plan to address the underclassmen/depth in my next blog update.

Comment

Working...
                      X