Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparano hired by Parcells

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3199065

Probably the best hire Parcells could make from everything I have heard about Sparano. However, this team needs another 3 years before they are back in the playoffs.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I agree, seems like a good hire. Matt, I know you don’t think there will be any trades involving the top of the draft but I think Parcells will try. From his past I think he will try and get as many bodies as he can because he needs them, and avoid paying the number one pick. I understand it’s difficult and complicated but do at least think it’s more possible than before?

Comment

That's great and all Guapo, but name one team in picks 2-4 that needs to trade up to #1 to get their guy? No one. They can all stay where they are and get a great pick...I'm sorry but it just won't happen. There is no player any team can't wait for at the top of the draft. Either way they will get a great player and they don't need to give up their 2nd rounder.

Comment

Imagine if the Falcons traded say their #3 this year, and their #1 and #3 in 2009 and they drafted McFadden #1 and then Ryan with their other pick. I would do it if I were the Dolphins, and the Falcons couldn't complain too much getting two elite talents. plus, the Falcons have an extra 100mil in cap if Vick doesn't come back so they could afford the two top picks.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
          Imagine if the Falcons traded say their #3 this year, and their #1 and #3 in 2009 and they drafted McFadden #1 and then Ryan with their other pick. I would do it if I were the Dolphins, and the Falcons couldn't complain too much getting two elite talents. plus, the Falcons have an extra 100mil in cap if Vick doesn't come back so they could afford the two top picks.
          Hey go check out the TVC and you will realize that Miami would be royally be ripped off in that trade. That would be a horrible trade for Miami to make. Horrible. They just give up the #1 pick for a 2 3rd rounders and a future first? NO FIRST ROUND PICK? You have to be kidding me.

Why can't you guys pat attention when I say look at the history at the draft and trades at the top don't typically happen unless it involves elite quarterback prospects.

Comment

NFL owners (at least Arthur Blank) care about making money with fans in the stands. he knew Mike Vick wouldn't take him to the Superbowl and win multiple championships, but he gave him a giant contract anyways because people wanted to watch him play. What is sexy about Glen Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, or Jake Long?

The NFL is a business.... not ESPN the magazine.

Comment

I'm not saying it's going to happen either (obviously) I was just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                NFL owners (at least Arthur Blank) care about making money with fans in the stands. he knew Mike Vick wouldn't take him to the Superbowl and win multiple championships, but he gave him a giant contract anyways because people wanted to watch him play. What is sexy about Glen Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, or Jake Long?

The NFL is a business.... not ESPN the magazine.
                He knew Vick wouldn't get him to a Super Bowl and win a championship? Why not? Most people really liked Vick and his upside at Virginia Tech. For all my criticism of Vick (and it is a lot) as a player, he did win at Atlanta. He deserves a lot of blame for his attitude in preparation and being "coachable" but he was a very very good prospect coming out of Virginia Tech.

Oh so I guess you think Floyd Reese didn't think Vince Young couldn't win a Super Bowl or get to one after his performance vs. USC? He fell in love with the kid (for the wrong reasons) like Blank with Vick.

What is sexy about Glenn Dorsey, Ellis or LOng? I don't know. Why don't you go ask Charlie Casserly how sexy the Mario Williams was to the media and he is still giving ESPN and all the haters two middle fingers.

Comment

Vick looked really really solid in his "early" years. Remember he beat the Packers, in the playoffs, in Green Bay! How many quarterbacks can say that?
                  Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
                  2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
                  2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
                  3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
                  3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
                  4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Vick had one good year and then teams figured him out. Much like will most likely happen to Vince Young.

Comment

Working...
                    X