Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't listen to Kiper considering this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't listen to Kiper considering this...

I've read several places in which he is just so high on Aqib Talib. He thinks he is a "top 10 pick" and is a lock to be the first corner taken.

Don't buy into this. Talib is a very good player, but he will be in that late 1, early 2 mix. His straight line speed isn't that impressive...will probably run in the 4.5s at the combine. This is just what I have seen when watching him play and is my projection. I don't buy into pro day times until the combine.

I just think Kiper should be called out on this...hopefully he answers one of my questions about Matt Ryan. I want to see if he responds to my, "Why is Ryan so much better than Woodson...he threw 3 INTs against the same defense Woodson threw 1 against. Why is Ryan so much more impressive? His decision making is average at best why does this go so overlooked?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

ryan doesn't have any receivers. woodson has two good receivers, a decent back and a great tight end.

not saying this for sure, but it might be why he threw 3 ints vs 1.

Comment

Well if talilb has a good 40 time at the combine he could shoot way up considering thats his biggest question right now, but i don't see why he is soo high on Aquib Talib as of right now...

As for Andre Woodson compared to Matt Ryan. I personally think Matt is so much better simply because he is more NFL ready Woodson is a project he has spotty mechanics an odd/slow release he is going to need some work before he is ready to play. I think Woodson would be a great fit for a team that already has a good veteran in place with a few more years in his tank.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
        ryan doesn't have any receivers. woodson has two good receivers, a decent back and a great tight end.

That has nothing to do with forcing the ball in coverage, which Ryan does and Woodson doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
          As for Andre Woodson compared to Matt Ryan. I personally think Matt is so much better simply because he is more NFL ready Woodson is a project he has spotty mechanics an odd/slow release he is going to need some work before he is ready to play. I think Woodson would be a great fit for a team that already has a good veteran in place with a few more years in his tank.
          How come no one called Brady Quinn out last year for his release. It doesn't impress me. It's pretty slow but no one called him out yet everyone loves to call out Woodson on this.

Comment

i think quinn has a good, high, quick release. not quite as quick as aaron rodgers or jay cutler, but at least as good as leinart.

Comment

Brady Quinn was the golden boy thats why lol. Obviously some one took issue with it among other things since he dropped in the draft...

edit: I also agree with starqb here i don't think quinn has a quick release but it's not as slow as woodson's release.

Comment

matt did you ever finish your big board? i emailed walt an excel spreadsheet that I thought we might be able to use to track the picks as they're made to keep tabs on who's off the board. i could also email it to you if you were at all interested.

Comment

Was I the only one that watched Ryan versus Virginia Tech twice this year? He was horrible (except for the last 2 minutes in their first matchup).

Ryan didn't step his game up versus the best competition...he was horrendous in the Champs Sports Bowl against MICHIGAN STATE.

Woodson steps up on the biggest stage with a pro style offense...period. Ryan doesn't do this. No talent around him? Callender isn't that much better than Kentucky's runningbacks and I'll take BC's OL and defense over Kentucky's ANY day of the week.

Comment

i think quinn has a good, high, quick release. not quite as quick as aaron rodgers or jay cutler, but at least as good as leinart.
                    Woodson's release is high and Quinn's is hardly a quick release.

Is there a "Lets nitpick Woodson club" I am not aware of?

It's okay star...all you have to do is watch television, listen to the so-called "experts" and form an "objective" opinion from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Was I the only one that watched Ryan versus Virginia Tech twice this year? He was horrible (except for the last 2 minutes in their first matchup).

Ryan didn't step his game up versus the best competition...he was horrendous in the Champs Sports Bowl against MICHIGAN STATE.

Woodson steps up on the biggest stage with a pro style offense...period. Ryan doesn't do this. No talent around him? Callender isn't that much better than Kentucky's runningbacks and I'll take BC's OL and defense over Kentucky's ANY day of the week.
                      i'm not going to say one is better than the other because i personally think they'll both be good qbs. however, i will refute your argument by saying, look at what peyton manning did when he was down to average or mediocre surrounding offensive players. he did diddley, which means that it makes a big difference. and BC's o-line simply couldn't block chris ellis at all, so that really doesn't help matters either.
                      again, no personal advocation either way, but I have a minor in philosophy and feel it necessary to dispel logical fallacies.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Woodson's release is high and Quinn's is hardly a quick release.

Is there a "Lets nitpick Woodson club" I am not aware of?

It's okay star...all you have to do is watch television, listen to the so-called "experts" and form an "objective" opinion from there.
                        lol. yeah, those experts. they're funny.

I don't know why you think i'm bashing woodson, though.

Comment

i'm not going to say one is better than the other because i personally think they'll both be good qbs. however, i will refute your argument by saying, look at what peyton manning did when he was down to average or mediocre surrounding offensive players. he did diddley, which means that it makes a big difference. and BC's o-line simply couldn't block chris ellis at all, so that really doesn't help matters either.
                          again, no personal advocation either way, but I have a minor in philosophy and feel it necessary to dispel logical fallacies.
                          What and Kentucky's OL did the greatest job blocking Derrick Harvey who sacked Woodson 3 times...yet Woodson still let up Florida like a bonfire.

Also, look at what QBs John Beck and Brady Quinn did with not that much talent around them...Quinn only had Samardzija...that was it. Cutler did great with zero offensive talent except Earl Bennett and lit up the SEC.

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by starqb14 View Post

That has nothing to do with forcing the ball in coverage, which Ryan does and Woodson doesn't.
                            What are you talking about? That has everything to do with forcing the ball into coverage. When a player lacks weapons on offense he has to try and force things. You either make throws into coverage and hope you wideouts can make plays for you, or you get sacked all day because no one can get open.

People are high on Matt Ryan b/c he's a great leader and he surprised people this year. No one likes Woodson because he's from Kentucky (yuck) haha just kidding about that second part Matt. But seriously, I haven't been a Woodson fan since about mid-season. Not like it matters because I don't see any of the top 3 QBs having great success in the NFL and I feel bad for the teams that are drafting them high in the first.

I'd rather gamble on someone like Ainge in the 3rd than invest millions over the next 5 years for Ryan, Woodson, or Brohme.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                              What are you talking about? That has everything to do with forcing the ball into coverage. When a player lacks weapons on offense he has to try and force things. You either make throws into coverage and hope you wideouts can make plays for you, or you get sacked all day because no one can get open.

People are high on Matt Ryan b/c he's a great leader and he surprised people this year. No one likes Woodson because he's from Kentucky (yuck) haha just kidding about that second part Matt. But seriously, I haven't been a Woodson fan since about mid-season. Not like it matters because I don't see any of the top 3 QBs having great success in the NFL and I feel bad for the teams that are drafting them high in the first.

I'd rather gamble on someone like Ainge in the 3rd than invest millions over the next 5 years for Ryan, Woodson, or Brohme.
                              I can't wait to make a blog post considering this kind of criticsm not at Woodson but at a topic I will get too. It just amazes me. I don't want reveal it though...I'll do that topic next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X