Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McGuire's 2008 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 1/18 - Three Rounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice choice with Flowers for KC in round 2. He'll be a good NFL corner.
    Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
    Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
    Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
    Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
    Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
    Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
    Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
    Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      OK, OK, I'm gonna have to be that guy that says do you really think the Bears are gonna be the worst team in the league?
      Hes Speaking of your 2009 mock
      Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
        Strange Matt. I was actually considering taking Clady if he fell to the Broncos. He'd probably be the best player available and while everyone talk about the Broncos defensive woes, their o-line hasn't exactly been dominant this year.
        And Matt Lepsis retired...all in all I don't think the Broncos will get him...if he falls past New England someone might trade up to get him because he is a very underrated talent.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Brad Chilldress doesn't believe in drafting WR in round 1 . This year may test him on his theory but he is a very very stubborn man so I just don't see it. I like Fred Davis in round 2 he can take over for that P.O.S. Shiancoe. Round 3 is just bad we don't need another young corner we have enough of them between Cedric Griffin, Marcus McCauley, and Charles Gordon. And than there is no need for a first day Linebacker at all.

Comment

Your secondary is Trash and your front seven is getting old.

Comment

Charles Gordon? He's terrible. Also McCauley and Griffin weren't that great this year.

It's not like NFL teams never overload at positions in the draft either.

Comment

Charles Gordon is by no means Terrible I don't see where you get that from or you just assuming it since he was an UDFA. But he played well this year. In the game against SD we had him matched up against Antionio Gates most of the game when he would split out wide and he kept gates quiet Actually a arguement could be made that Charles Gordon outplayed McCauley.... Marcus McCauley and Griffin weren't great but they did fine this year our lack of success in the pass defense stems more from lack of consistent pressure from DE's and bad Safety Play.

Comment

I can't argue with homers...sorry.

Comment

Matt or Walter, what did Walter PM to Matt?

Comment

Good Draft 4 the Pats, just feel that Philips was a bit of a reach, but so are the other players at our need positions, hence the trade in the mock draft
                      PATS, HABS and YANKS for life!

Comment

I'll wait later on to say what it is...it's pretty funny because he is wrong so far lol

Comment

Wow no need to get childish about the matter Matt. I'm sorry that you are wrong. But there is no need to start calling people Homers just becase you can't partake in an intelligent discussion on the players on a certian team. Only because you don't have knowledge about that particular team.

Comment

As you said, no need to get childish and throw a big fit and hurl insults at Matt. Try to see both sides (as hard as it is sometimes).

Comment

I apologize i didn't mean for it to come off as an insult... I understand that he may not know much about Charles Gordon or some of the lesser know players on the team. But instead of just saying i can't argue with homers he should have just said I don't know i didn't really see him much. Becuase lets face it if he or another person who is a fan of another team is watching the vikings they aren't looking at Charles Gordon to see how he is doing they really don't care so it is a natural assumption to think they aren't very good i understood that so I tryed to explain to him that he wasn't terrible nor was he very good. But than he went of and called me a homer just because i said charles gordon played well this year and may have outplayed Marcus McCauley.

Edit: Listen the only thing i was trying to convey to you, matt is that our corner situation is fine for now. Antione Winfiled is our #1 and than we have Cedric Griffin a 2nd year CB as #2 who showed consistent Improvement over the year. Than we have Marcus McCauley in the nickel a rookie CB that showed flashes of brilliance and is the heir apparent to Antione Winfield. Than we have Charles Gordon as the Dimeback who is also just a second year CB and himself has showed improvement over the year and has a lot of potential is a good CB as a #4 or even as a Nickel CB. We don't need another Young CB right now he would have an extrememly difficult time getting any playing time it would be a waste of a pick.
                              Last edited by Vikings_All_Day28; 01-18-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Your secondary blows just as much and more then your DE's

Comment

Working...
                                X