Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McGuire's 2008 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 1/18 - Three Rounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    First round pick is OK, I've seen better, I've seen worse.

Jamaal Charles would be a waste, when we run the ball so well and have such great depth. I can't see us taking another mid-round defensive tackle are drafting a couple in the 3rd in 4th the previous two years.

Basically BPA in each round will do me.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
    don't expect the packers to pick a center in the third round. scott wells got a nice extension and he also was an alternate for the pro bowl. spitz and colledge also are both backups at center. pollack may work his way into the lineup as just a good blocker, but the line is coming on strong, they are young, and there will be a couple promising guys coming back from IR next year too.
    three weeks ago i could've seen o-line being a solid pick a lot more than i see it now. maybe a super athletic mauler at tackle, either right or left, but colledge and moll look like the future when tausch and cliffy are out. barbre will dominate at left guard. he is a beast.
    Oh, I wasn't aware that Wells got an extention...I have the perfect pick for you guys in my next mock I totally forgot about him.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    don't expect the packers to pick a center in the third round. scott wells got a nice extension and he also was an alternate for the pro bowl. spitz and colledge also are both backups at center. pollack may work his way into the lineup as just a good blocker, but the line is coming on strong, they are young, and there will be a couple promising guys coming back from IR next year too.
    three weeks ago i could've seen o-line being a solid pick a lot more than i see it now. maybe a super athletic mauler at tackle, either right or left, but colledge and moll look like the future when tausch and cliffy are out. barbre will dominate at left guard. he is a beast.

Leave a comment:

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    Your secondary blows just as much and more then your DE's

Leave a comment:

• Vikings_All_Day28
    replied
    I apologize i didn't mean for it to come off as an insult... I understand that he may not know much about Charles Gordon or some of the lesser know players on the team. But instead of just saying i can't argue with homers he should have just said I don't know i didn't really see him much. Becuase lets face it if he or another person who is a fan of another team is watching the vikings they aren't looking at Charles Gordon to see how he is doing they really don't care so it is a natural assumption to think they aren't very good i understood that so I tryed to explain to him that he wasn't terrible nor was he very good. But than he went of and called me a homer just because i said charles gordon played well this year and may have outplayed Marcus McCauley.

Edit: Listen the only thing i was trying to convey to you, matt is that our corner situation is fine for now. Antione Winfiled is our #1 and than we have Cedric Griffin a 2nd year CB as #2 who showed consistent Improvement over the year. Than we have Marcus McCauley in the nickel a rookie CB that showed flashes of brilliance and is the heir apparent to Antione Winfield. Than we have Charles Gordon as the Dimeback who is also just a second year CB and himself has showed improvement over the year and has a lot of potential is a good CB as a #4 or even as a Nickel CB. We don't need another Young CB right now he would have an extrememly difficult time getting any playing time it would be a waste of a pick.
    Last edited by Vikings_All_Day28; 01-18-2008, 03:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    As you said, no need to get childish and throw a big fit and hurl insults at Matt. Try to see both sides (as hard as it is sometimes).

Leave a comment:

• Vikings_All_Day28
    replied
    Wow no need to get childish about the matter Matt. I'm sorry that you are wrong. But there is no need to start calling people Homers just becase you can't partake in an intelligent discussion on the players on a certian team. Only because you don't have knowledge about that particular team.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I'll wait later on to say what it is...it's pretty funny because he is wrong so far lol

Leave a comment:

• tonynyy
    replied
    Good Draft 4 the Pats, just feel that Philips was a bit of a reach, but so are the other players at our need positions, hence the trade in the mock draft

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Matt or Walter, what did Walter PM to Matt?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I can't argue with homers...sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Vikings_All_Day28
    replied
    Charles Gordon is by no means Terrible I don't see where you get that from or you just assuming it since he was an UDFA. But he played well this year. In the game against SD we had him matched up against Antionio Gates most of the game when he would split out wide and he kept gates quiet Actually a arguement could be made that Charles Gordon outplayed McCauley.... Marcus McCauley and Griffin weren't great but they did fine this year our lack of success in the pass defense stems more from lack of consistent pressure from DE's and bad Safety Play.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Charles Gordon? He's terrible. Also McCauley and Griffin weren't that great this year.

It's not like NFL teams never overload at positions in the draft either.

Leave a comment:

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    Your secondary is Trash and your front seven is getting old.

Leave a comment:

• Vikings_All_Day28
    replied
    Brad Chilldress doesn't believe in drafting WR in round 1 . This year may test him on his theory but he is a very very stubborn man so I just don't see it. I like Fred Davis in round 2 he can take over for that P.O.S. Shiancoe. Round 3 is just bad we don't need another young corner we have enough of them between Cedric Griffin, Marcus McCauley, and Charles Gordon. And than there is no need for a first day Linebacker at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X